I'd take him back for a season. Knows where the goal is and could be a decent alternative to what is otherwise a very young forward line. Even with the niggles and age against him I think he'll be good for 15 goals. He might be a numpty but on footballing merit alone, I'd welcome him with open arms.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Past it

Too many injury problems

Notts County thats Notts County don't believe he's good enough for them anymore

Hes a knob and he won't change

could be a bad influence on the younger players

There are plenty of other options

Lets hope we are not even entertaining this thought

I'd take him back for a season. Knows where the goal is and could be a decent alternative to what is otherwise a very young forward line. Even with the niggles and age against him I think he'll be good for 15 goals. He might be a numpty but on footballing merit alone, I'd welcome him with open arms.

Exactamondo! Joey Barton is an arsehole. So is Craig Bellamy. I'd sign both in a heart beat....

having thought about it, i'd have him for a season (and that's all it would be given his age i'd bet he'll retire next year), only on footballing terms in that he would get us 15 goals.

If you could bet the same goals return from Tonk, as a massive fan of him i'd have him or if you knew where he was on the pitch, id take kuqi over hughes anyday.

Except, with neither Tonk or Kuqi you can't garuantee the goals or that they'd be in the box, LH you can.

Edited by shefflatic

I wouldn't want him back - footballing hat on - he had a poor season with injuries and I think his legs & back have gone. So, on that basis alone, I think there should be better alternatives out there.

Taking into account that he's scum, and it never felt right for 1 moment the 1st time he was with us, I really wouldn't want him here

nah hes past it. When he was with us he still had a bit of mobility and could work the channels a bit last time i saw him play against us. He basically stood in the middle of the pitch not doing a great deal (did he score against us last season??)

leave well alone

on another note never the heard the term weapons grade bellend before not sure how that works but funny

unless most latics fans watched notts county more than twice last year, how can you say he is past it?

he may have had few injuries but they also changed manager 3 times which may be the reason he was dropped, it could have been a personality clash with the new staff

his past is the past and as for all the other things that have supposed to have happened with AH in the past

I still dont know the full story as i dont think its ever been posted on here or anywhere has it? rumours or not? what happened?

he has been a talented player in the past and knows where the net is and thats what we need, so I would take that for a season, legs gone or not, get in the box and do the damage there

as for the rumour ........ if you belived every rumour posted on here we would have a dream team by now but in the same instance if we didnt sign players with a past or an attitude we would have gone to the wall.

Edited by palmer1

He'd still be expecting a decent wage which I don't think we'd be prepared to pay a 36 year old who isn't dropping down from a higher level - regardless of any legacy from his stay the first time round. Calm down, people and don't believe baseless Internet rumour.