Cliff Byrne

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an experiment try Tarky as a striker in the friendlies, you never know he could be another Ian Marshall.

haha, to be fair when I used to play footy with him on a field near ours he used to be quite the goalscorer, never thought he'd turn out to be a defender.

keep him at the back though, i reckon.

haha, to be fair when I used to play footy with him on a field near ours he used to be quite the goalscorer, never thought he'd turn out to be a defender.

keep him at the back though, i reckon.

My son played footy with him at Failsworth School, He said Tarky was a cracking goalscorer too

We were getting a bit of stick on the scunthorpe forum a few weeks back when this rumour first broke.

They reckon he's past it, his legs have gone, and he's not good enough to be their defensive back-up cover!

"destined for the confrenece" was one of the quotes... Oh, and he likes a drink or three "allegedly"

Add that to the fact that even the football genius that is Graham Westley said no thanks, i wouldnt be dropping tarky straight away!

MAybe we have found our new Gregan then!

Not clued up on him technically and defensively, but he sounds like the sort of player we need along the backline.

Big year in that department. It's been extremely poor for two seasons. Who falls to the bench? Obvious choice is Tarkowski but M'Voto isn't a certain starter.

He is only bloody 30 :censored: me way that made it out he is 38 or something, if he has the appitate still and helps the youngsters as well as orgnaises us and can play 30+ games i will be over the moon

Still be interesting to know why Scunthorpe decided to let him go... :peepwall:

Still be interesting to know why Scunthorpe decided to let him go... :peepwall:

If the scunthorpe forum is to be believed, then its because he's too slow and too injured.

Most are suprised he's found a league club, never mind stAyed in league one

* although, most of the comments are made with the impression of him being a right back, where as i thought he was mainly a CB

So you're a supporter from Anyother United, who are thinking of buying one of our players. Would you come on this site, and expect to see an unbiased opinion as to that players ability etc, etc !

Scunthorpe's forums are no different from ours.