Jose Baxter

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's been on Sky saying he has been interviewed for "biggest decision of his career"

hes told Lee Croft You in Thursday mate?

Croft asked him shat the reserve ccore was

Hope I sign soon

Also the chron seemed to think tommorow

he is on trial, so he played for the reserves

if he is on trial he is training so he knows the players, maybe they get Wednesday off?

hoping and signing is 2 different things

and since when does anyone believe the Chron on here?

I not saying he is not signing.........

someone asked why he hasn't signed yet and if it was due to a :censored: up at thje club "again" so Iwas just pointing out that the club has not said anything official about an offer

I still can't help but feel that the release of news of the trial to the press (and also the interview with Sky) is down to the the player or agent (or both) trying to drum up interest from other clubs.

Could be a decent signing and I'd be pleasantly surprised if it came off but surprised nonetheless.

totally agree, cant see Oldham doing an interview with the BBC to say how much a player we have on trial wants to settle down and is available

the agents for players who dont have clubs and cant even buy themselves a game interfere far to often

No they were saying he has signed for us. Three times they said it and the graphic came up saying Jose Baxter, and underneath it said Oldham Athletic. They appear to have jumped the gun a little!!

Or maybe they know somthing from the smae source that told everyone he was on trial as well!

why would blackburn recall slew if they diidn't have too?

It'll be in the contract to treat him at blackburn so he'll be there for the treatment yet they'll be a wage off the books whilst he recovers. No way Blackburn are gonna offer to pay his wage if we're already doing it.....

I imagine it's 4 months to prove himself after not playing competetive football this season then, if he comes up trumps, he can earn a longer contract. Down to you now son. get out there, do the biz, and show us what you can do.

I think it's a good bit of business rather than go for a long contract which could go tits up if he doesn't cut it.

I imagine it's 4 months to prove himself after not playing competetive football this season then, if he comes up trumps, he can earn a longer contract. Down to you now son. get out there, do the biz, and show us what you can do.

I think it's a good bit of business rather than go for a long contract which could go tits up if he doesn't cut it.

The only problem is is that if he does come up trumps then a bigger club will snap him up in jan. I think the 4 months might be something his agent as come up with to put him in the shop window.

The only problem is is that if he does come up trumps then a bigger club will snap him up in jan. I think the 4 months might be something his agent as come up with to put him in the shop window.

Even if that's the case, 4 months with a player who really wants to do well is better than none! If he plays really well and gets snapped up by another club so be it, at least we have got a good few points and goals from him. If he plays average lets sign him up for the rest of the season. If he plays crap we won't extend.

He might even decide after 4 months he wants to stay, some of our better players don't leave the club even though they may be able to get better offers because they like the team - Hopefully that's the case anyway...