Montano or Taylor

Montano or Taylor  

125 members have voted

1. 1. Montano or Taylor

• Montano
    • Taylor
    • Maybe too soon to vote (I am on the fence)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Montano will be the better player.

As long as he doesn't let his head drop like he did against Coventry.

I think the problem v Coventry was he'd been booked and was wary of being sent off, his performance tailed off as a result.

I've seen montano beat a man more in those 9 games than Taylor did in his last 150! Montano any day for me.

I hope Montano turns out to be better than Ronaldo but beating a few players doesn't immediately make him better than a guy who played in the same position and twice got into double figures for goals in the last few years.

I hope Montano turns out to be better than Ronaldo but beating a few players doesn't immediately make him better than a guy who played in the same position and twice got into double figures for goals in the last few years.

I didn't mean I was judging it only on that....

Was just making a point about two wingers.

Montano tracks back better, looks comfortable on the ball, makes runs that seem to have a purpose as oppose to blind alleys, and he dusnt whinge and moan at every little ref decision.

I didn't mean I was judging it only on that....

Was just making a point about two wingers.

Montano tracks back better, looks comfortable on the ball, makes runs that seem to have a purpose as oppose to blind alleys, and he dusnt whinge and moan at every little ref decision.

People probably would have said the same about Kevin Betsy after a handful of games.

Well if you're asking whether I'd rather have Montano or Taylor for this season, not taking into account Taylor's contributions over the other seasons where he was a better play than last; then Montano.

Comparing Montano's form this season to Taylor's solely from last season then Montano has been far superior. Better in almost every aspect.

People voting not to sit on the fence here are setting themselves up for a fall here

Too true, this thread will be reopened in 4 years and they'll be a name and shame situation. Montano will be at Kettering and Taylor will be converted cultured central midfielder pulling the strings at Baca

Indeed, it's too early to vote with any conviction.

Montano needs to improve his right foot. If there's one thing I really dislike in a winger is one-footedness. When you look at Ronnie O'Sullivan and his ability to change hands it opens up angles for me. This, too, can work to a player's advantage because with strictly left footers you can only go down the flank. He also plays with his head down a little too much.

Saying that, I think Montano will be a better player and, with more games and training, could be excellent this season. I've been impressed with him in parts, but also frustrated now and again.

Good player, though. I like him in the side.

9 games people; 9 games.

I would still drive down to the New Den and bring Tayls back up; and he'd go straight into the starting side; every game for me. Class act.

I'd have him back in a flash.

Montano has made a decent start; and i can only see him developing further. He has the potential to really become a cracking little winger with work. But - 9 games vs Taylor's massive contributions to our side's recent history; come on......