JOSE BAXTER BABY

we have nothing to lose by offering him a contract and a hell of a lot to gain. offer him to stay until the end of the season and he'll be a better player for it. never know, he could get us into the playoffs and we could keep him for longer! we all know he'll go, but give him the decision to make Corney!

I'd definitely offer him a lucrative contract and make him the highest paid player. If we can get him for a year or a year and a half then we'd make money if we wanted to sell him anyway. Both options would be great. I just wouldn't want to end up paying him massive wages (well massive for us) and then losing him for nothing - or a very small compensation free if we're eligible for one - in the summer.

How many who want him to be offered a contract have joined PlayerShare?

Smack on the money o4u.

Come on guys its a piece of piss and whatever you can afford............... £1 a week if thats what is affordable.

I more or less guarantee its going to come down to what playershare can do to keep him, as it was with Evina and Kuqi in the last 2 seasons!

I'm not sure he'll want to leave. If he does get offers, they'll likely be from championship clubs, or bigger clubs in this division. Sure, they'll offer more money, but will they guarantee first team football? That's what he wants at this stage in his career, and we can guarantee it. Clubs higher up the league won't be able to, in all likelihood, so why would he leave?

I'm not sure he'll want to leave. If he does get offers, they'll likely be from championship clubs, or bigger clubs in this division. Sure, they'll offer more money, but will they guarantee first team football? That's what he wants at this stage in his career, and we can guarantee it. Clubs higher up the league won't be able to, in all likelihood, so why would he leave?

You may be right, if we carry on with the current "hero worship" he deserves.

Have to say he is by far the best player I have seen at Latics for a very long time!

http://www.laticsplayershare.co.uk/

A regular standing order is our preferred method of donation. Fans can set up a standing order, either in their branch or through telephone banking or online banking to the following details for a minimum of £4 a month:

BENEFICIARY NAME: Trust Oldham PlayerShare Save-Scheme

SORT CODE: 16-27-11 (RBS Oldham Branch)

ACCOUNT NUMBER: 10176108

Hope we don't guarantee it. Yes he's a class act, can play at higher level etc, but we shouldn't be guaranteeing him first team football. He should have to earn it through performances in games and training. Of course he is doing that at the moment, but no one should be getting guarantee's about first team football.

Do people honestly think that Corney won't or hasn't offered him a deal, seriously if its just a case of him being offered a contract we would have had him tied down weeks ago.

Its not that simple Baxter and more probably his agent will be looking around talking to other clubs. He holds the cards in this instance he knows he has a contract until january and he can't move anywhere before then anyway so between now and then his agent will be getting his name out there to other clubs if they don't offer him anything and we offer him the best deal then he will stay although I doubt thats now going to happen.

Do people honestly think that Corney won't or hasn't offered him a deal, seriously if its just a case of him being offered a contract we would have had him tied down weeks ago.

Its not that simple Baxter and more probably his agent will be looking around talking to other clubs. He holds the cards in this instance he knows he has a contract until january and he can't move anywhere before then anyway so between now and then his agent will be getting his name out there to other clubs if they don't offer him anything and we offer him the best deal then he will stay although I doubt thats now going to happen.

Tarky's a fan too, he posted on Twitter

James Tarkowski @Tarky19 27 Oct

Just sang the lyrics "Jose Baxter Baby" all the way back. Good imagination whoever created the song #lyrics View details ·

Have to add though, I am very confident that SC is trying everything to secure his services, but it is inevitable that he will have quite a few offers.

It always was a shop window.

There will be an offer he could not refuse.

He'd easily triple his wases in the Championship.

He'snot daft, he'd never say on LP, just keeping my options open

If he did sign until end of the season and then leave how much then do we honestly belive we would get?

I think he will sign until July and then leave which means we had 1 year of the great man himself, whilst i want him here forever we have to be clever.

He could sign a 18months deal tomorrow and then have an injury that keeps him out for 12months and we lose out all together :(

Like already said just savour every min of him