club dumps on loyal staff

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Open your mouth before you know the full facts why don't you.

I'll let Leeslover post the update once he has spoken to Neil Joy this morning.

As for the facts, well lets set them out nice and clear so that those who just throw out the thick and in some cases sick comments on here can get their heads around matters.

1) This is an FA cup tie so there are a specific set of rules.

2) After deduction of VAT and match expenses (Police, stewarding, turnstiles etc etc) both clubs receive 45% of the match ticket proceeds with 10% going to the FA pool.

3) In terms of complimentary (free) tickets both participating clubs are restricted to only 50 complimentary tickets. On top of this, the FA in their competition rules also dictate what the organising club have to make available to the FA and their sponsors. In this case the likes of Budweiser are I believe entitled to 50 tickets. ALL other tickets have to be declared and accounted for. So any additional tickets that the club makes available the club has to account a gross £25 to the match return to the FA. By my calculations that means it costs the club 55% to Liverpool and the FA pool of every additional ticket it gives away. Take off the vat and 55% is £11.45 for every ticket it gives away. The club would also lose the £9.37 per ticket if it had been sold so costing the club over £20 per ticket.

When you have an all ticket sell out it isn't just as easy as playing everything as any normal match there are specific rules to comply with.

Having had the priviledge of doing the job I do on match (and other) days now for nearly 38 years I've got to know most of the requirements and complications. There is no easy answer that is going to satisfy everyone. I work on a voluntary basis yet whenever we have had an all ticket game like this and the City game and even the Wolves replay when Shez was manager I have had to pay for my reserved seat. No complaints from me. I know the rules. I want to go to the game I pay for entry full stop end of chat those are the rules. I'll be there though this Saturday 9am till 7pm and Sunday 10 am till 2pm doing my bit for the club, helping to ensure it's supporters get their cup tickets, trying to keep a smile on the face when all an sundry (well not that many actually but some) on the other side of the window are throwing out some insult or other. :censored: happens you get on with it.

For league and other cup ties, it is easier for the club. But when you are sold out you are sold out and those tickets have to be accounted for to the FA and boy are you in trouble if you don't. The fines they dish out are horrendous to a club like us if we fail to submit a correct return.

As for those who work on match days I don't know everyones employment status in terms of paid/commission/voluntary, but from what I do know, turnstile operators and stewards are paid a fee. Turnstiles to work from and to a certain time. I think we have around 23 turnstiles and I know that there are a number who don't stay to watch the game they go home. The point is they get paid to do the job, if they sneak in to watch the game when they have finnished and they are allowed to and there are spare seats then fair play. If it's an all ticket league game and it's sold out, if they haven't made arrangements and got a ticket they now have to leave the ground (the reprecussions of celebration Sunday when the club had to answer to the licensing authority as to why there was standing in the sterile area of the paddock)

So FMS I won't resort to the further insult and baiting of your post, I'll just try and answer in a reasoned way. The problem is some people would rather come on here and winge and moan and complain (I suppose thats what internet message boards are generally ised for) than actually do something direct like approaching the club, seeking clarification and hearing their side of the matter. You see it's easier to do that than try and sort something out for some people.

All freebies in the directors box and best seats?

Maybe a way around this is for SC to buy a batch of tickets himself and give them away for free to the match day staff concerned a gesture of goodwill.

Edited by BP1960

2) After deduction of VAT and match expenses (Police, stewarding, turnstiles etc etc) both clubs receive 45% of the match ticket proceeds with 10% going to the FA pool.

I believe that's no longer the case. As I understand it we get ~50%, they get ~45% and the FA get ~5%

I believe that's no longer the case. As I understand it we get ~50%, they get ~45% and the FA get ~5%

Looks like the club are delving into the small print to justify themselves and making an even bigger hole.

Edited by BP1960

42.5% to each team (=85%) 5% to FA, 10% to the prize pot is how it works in the event of a replay

(iv) In replayed matches in the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Rounds of the Competition

Proper the net gate receipts of each match shall be divided as follows:

5% to The Association. 42.5% to each Club. 10% to the Pool.

FA CUP TICKETS EXPLAINED

The home side set the ticket price for FA Cup ties. The minimum charge is £10.

Away clubs are given a 15% allocation of tickets to sell. Luton have been given 4,000 for the match at Carrow Road.

If teams are in the same league the gate receipts are split 45% to each team and 10% to The FA Pool – money given to Premier League and Football League who distribute to their member clubs.

For matches played in the third, fourth, fifth and sixth rounds of the competition clubs outside the Premier League or Football League playing opposition in higher divisions get a larger share of the gate receipts.

In the case of Norwich v Luton:

50% to Luton

40% to Norwich

10% to The FA Pool.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2HZJpMyJH

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Edited by alex_balls

I'd just like to point out that we don't "sneak in". It's part of what we get. And there are very few who don't watch the game.

I agree that's a below the belt statement and should be withdrawn with an apology.

All freebies in the directors box and best seats?

Maybe a way around this is for SC to buy a batch of tickets himself and give them away for free to the match day staff concerned a gesture of goodwill.

Absolutely. Days like the Liverpool game come along once every 5 or 10 years. Certainly the volunteers, programme sellers, all the people who chip in on a day to day, match to match basis should have a free ticket subsidised by the club. for the hard work. Most don't have a ST for this reason and and such have to join the free-for-all when tickets are on open sale.

Don't give me the bull:censored: about having to give x to Liverpool and y to the FA. The club can foot that bill out of the TV money of what? A couple of hundred quid.

FFS.

The determination to kick the club and chairman from some people really frustrates me.

There should be a real feelgood factor about Latics fans this week, yet so many on here just want to use our good fortune at getting a big tie to have pop after pop.

They were condemned for giving the whole RRE to Liverpool before they made the announcement that they weren't doing so, then they were slagged off for the ticket prices, they got hammered for only letting season ticket holders have one, criticised for rumours that some season ticket holders had got two, and now this.

The explanation from Harry seems perfectly reasonable to me. What do people really want them to do? If giving away tickets is going to cost the club so much, they shouldn't be doing it. By the sounds of it the employees/volunteers know what the crack is, as Harry said, the same thing has happened whenever we have sold out in the past.

The comment about volunteers having to queue up with everyone else because they don't have season tickets - if they ask at the club, I am sure they will be sorted out.

We had a fantastic day out on Saturday and we've got a peach of a tie to look forward to two weeks on Sunday. Just try and enjoy it.

CBA going through all the post but,the last time we had a sell out.support staff were givin a bib and made to stand in front of the first aid room in front of the paddock.

A family club!

When it suits

I just spoke to Neil, he says that there has been a breakdown in communications - the club will be putting a statement out that should put this all to bed.

Ah - so the world isn't ending then?

The club aren't going to 'dump' on the volunteers and everyone can ride off into the sunset nice & happy? Great news.

So - place your bets now, what's the next moan thread going to about then I wonder?

Edited by slystallone