Stoppage time sickener

The squad is so threadbare that I think you will find Lee Croft has had to start every game , only player ??? , an easy target & wrongly imo.

Wes's sending off has been a disaster , player & manager knew Furman was away in January ,and yet we still lose our other first choice midfielder for 3 games , not too clever was it ?

Last 2 games I don't know why they didn't start Brown , move Grounds up the wing.

Croft has been ineffective for weeks, as has Simpson barring a 20 mins spell against Forest. Grounds and Taylor the only 2 positives out of today's game, perhaps along with Smith working his balls off again with little protection from the referee.

VERY worrying times. Really can see us going down if something doesn't change and fast!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 point in 21 with form of LLLLDLL in the league.

It was always going to be tough to go to Coventry, but it's beyond unlucky now. Something is wrong between having the players who are easily good enough for top half and the club sitting in 19th place.

Knowing Latics we'll give Liverpool a right good game, but we're in real danger of putting ourselves in the :censored: in the league when we should be better than that.

The stats don't lie. That's bottom of the table form and, unfortunately, the freak result at Forest has bought Dickov another month or two.

What happens when we crash out of the FA Cup and continue our shocking league run?

1 point in 21 with form of LLLLDLL in the league.

It was always going to be tough to go to Coventry, but it's beyond unlucky now. Something is wrong between having the players who are easily good enough for top half and the club sitting in 19th place.

Knowing Latics we'll give Liverpool a right good game, but we're in real danger of putting ourselves in the :censored: in the league when we should be better than that.

If Suarez and sturridge start next week it could be more than 5

I hope not, but....

Still raw, so time for a rant.

1. It seems like an eternity since Derbyshire left yet we still haven't realised that we need a striker alongside Smith, in front of Baxter, to capitalise on his flick-ons and actually get some shots on goal. Yet Dan Taylor still sits on the bench and Simpson is selected deeper.

2. We persist in playing a formation with wingers, yet we don't put crosses in the box.

3. Our 'wingers' rarely beat their men out wide and get 'in behind'. Our full-backs don't overlap. So despite playing wingers we don't create any width.

4. It's quite clear our main threat is through the middle, playing off Smith and getting the ball to Jose. Yet we still play a system with a stretched two-man midfield that is easily outnumbered for the second balls - often because they are sitting too deep, meaning Jose has to drop very deep to get the ball.

5. We still switch off and can't keep clean sheets, yet we don't score many goals because we're so deep as a team.

6. Our youth 'isn't ready' - yet Taylor continues to impress off the bench but still doesn't start, Winchester played better than M'Changama last Sat but, as usual, is the first player dumped out the starting-XI, and Mellor has had to wait until now to be given a chance - after numerous centre-midfielders/strikers have been put in wide positions and when Wes is back next game.

7. We're debating scrapping our youth set-up, when non-league clubs with no FA funding have kept their set-up's thriving.

8. The habit of conceding late goals, just like we did last season, is returning.

9. We appear scared and toothless at home, and appear to be relying on grinding results out, with a chunk of luck, to get anything away.

Still raw, so time for a rant.

1. It seems like an eternity since Derbyshire left yet we still haven't realised that we need a striker alongside Smith, in front of Baxter, to capitalise on his flick-ons and actually get some shots on goal. Yet Dan Taylor still sits on the bench and Simpson is selected deeper.

2. We persist in playing a formation with wingers, yet we don't put crosses in the box.

3. Our 'wingers' rarely beat their men out wide and get 'in behind'. Our full-backs don't overlap. So despite playing wingers we don't create any width.

4. It's quite clear our main threat is through the middle, playing off Smith and getting the ball to Jose. Yet we still play a system with a stretched two-man midfield that is easily outnumbered for the second balls - often because they are sitting too deep, meaning Jose has to drop very deep to get the ball.

5. We still switch off and can't keep clean sheets, yet we don't score many goals because we're so deep as a team.

6. Our youth 'isn't ready' - yet Taylor continues to impress off the bench but still doesn't start, Winchester played better than M'Changama last Sat but, as usual, is the first player dumped out the starting-XI, and Mellor has had to wait until now to be given a chance - after numerous centre-midfielders/strikers have been put in wide positions and when Wes is back next game.

7. We're debating scrapping our youth set-up, when non-league clubs with no FA funding have kept their set-up's thriving.

8. The habit of conceding late goals, just like we did last season, is returning.

9. We appear scared and toothless at home, and appear to be relying on grinding results out, with a chunk of luck, to get anything away.

The same Winchester who gave the ball away and then pulled out of a challenge for Brentford's first? M'Changama was one of the only players to come away with some credibility today.

We can analyse all day - there's more things wrong with this team than right - but, ultimately, there's one person to blame, especially after the binning of Taggart and co.

Dead man walking.

I bet we would have struggled to get 3000 at home next week if we were still playing Yeovil.

Shame all the money we have got from the forest and Liverpool ties will be sucked away by the lost revenue we get playing in front of just over 3000 if dickov stays

The same Winchester who gave the ball away and then pulled out of a challenge for Brentford's first? M'Changama was one of the only players to come away with some credibility today.

We can analyse all day - there's more things wrong with this team than right - but, ultimately, there's one person to blame, especially after the binning of Taggart and co.

Dead man walking.

There's never only one person to blame. It might be that we need to change one person to get a grip on our situation, but it doesn't mean he's to blame exactly.

Interesting how nearly getting a draw has so upset everybody. I didn't expect anything from this game, or the next, but it does hurt to have failed to hold on and it does hurt to have shipped two goals again. Hope lies in those below us but one point from 21 tells its own tale,

It can't carry on like this, despite all the excuses this chairman is taking the club down.

The Chairman is the last person we need to be worrying about. Unless that is, who is going to pay the wages next month. He is as sure as hell making mistakes – flattening the Ford Stand the biggest in my view – and as sure as hell he is keeping us afloat. Corney has never shown any enthusiasm for relegation but finding a winning formula in football is a lottery. Dickov will no doubt go if things become desperate but let’s see what happens in the next 2 weeks staff wise. We are not exactly adrift in the bottom 4. Surely, something is going to be done to complement Baxter’s passing skills? I know it is another loss but at least we are blooding our younger players now without looking any worse. I know I am maybe over optimistic but being negative never, ever helps. It is not in Corney’s interest to be relegated and it’s not in ours for him to walk.

Edited by mikeroyboy

I agree that we should seen out the draw and it's the sign of a team that's usually on the wrong side of the relegation battle that lets in late goals to lose them points, regardless of ability. It needs to change.

I just hope that the same people who say "we need to see the game out" aren't the same one who say "we need to stop dropping back too deep to defend a point". Barring their goal, in injury time we were the team that were pressing for the winner.

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

The Chairman is the last person we need to be worrying about. Unless that is, who is going to pay the wages next month. He is as sure as hell making mistakes – flattening the Ford Stand the biggest in my view – and as sure as hell he is keeping us afloat. Corney has never shown any enthusiasm for relegation but finding a winning formula in football is a lottery. Dickov will no doubt go if things become desperate but let’s see what happens in the next 2 weeks staff wise. We are not exactly adrift in the bottom 4. Surely, something is going to be done to complement Baxter’s passing skills? I know it is another loss but at least we are blooding our younger players now without looking any worse. I know I am maybe over optimistic but being negative never, ever helps. It is not in Corney’s interest to be relegated and it’s not in ours for him to walk.

See, this happens every time we question Dickov.

Let's wait for another 2 weeks, we get 1 win and then that justifies him staying for another few weeks.

What massive change do you think will happen over the next 2 weeks that hasn't happened in the past 2 and a half years?

Sometimes you've got to be ruthless, and to be honest, sacking him now can't even be called ruthless when we're hovering in this position with decent players and a system that is flawed but incorrigible in Dickov's eyes.

The only thing that waiting 2 weeks does is let the transfer window close and not let another manager reinforce our weak squad.

Also when you imply that everybody is being negative to want Dickov removed, surely that's positivity. We are positive that these players can do better and we're trying to be positive by attempting move the club forward. Being negative is sitting watching the club go backwards.

Today we weren't bad bad. and nearly nicked a point. We were naive after equalising in going for a winner we should have organised ourselves and settled for the point. No leadership on the pitch. We'd has let us down and we are missing him badly.

What depresses me are the home defeats each game is like groundhog day,no match day experience, few wins and has gone on for too long, even before PD

The most depressing thing for me today was listening to the woman stood up behind me moaning all game. Why go all the way to Coventry in this weather to moan come on support the lads through thin and thin

Why haven't we got an assistant in place yet? What the :censored: is going on. It's been weeks since the changes.

The chairman, who can barely afford to run a football club at this level without his 2 mates, is waiting for the gardening leave to finish. So he isn't paying 2 wages for 1 position.

See, this happens every time we question Dickov.

Let's wait for another 2 weeks, we get 1 win and then that justifies him staying for another few weeks.

What massive change do you think will happen over the next 2 weeks that hasn't happened in the past 2 and a half years?

Sometimes you've got to be ruthless, and to be honest, sacking him now can't even be called ruthless when we're hovering in this position with decent players and a system that is flawed but incorrigible in Dickov's eyes.

The only thing that waiting 2 weeks does is let the transfer window close and not let another manager reinforce our weak squad.

Also when you imply that everybody is being negative to want Dickov removed, surely that's positivity. We are positive that these players can do better and we're trying to be positive by attempting move the club forward. Being negative is sitting watching the club go backwards.

My view on Dickov is that he could easily be replaced within the next 2 weeks. What happened with the sackings is unusual to say the least and I just can’t help feeling that Corney has something up his sleeve. Corney is seeing the same inadequacies in tactics as we are. We have all seen the number of different names in the frame for mentor or replacement manager. One man with the cash will choose. In his head Corney may be looking at a coach who will step up to manager very shortly. I don’t buy the statement that it will be Dickov’s choice. That just doesn’t stack up for me. I just don’t see Corney sleepwalking into relegation. But as Tommy Doc once said – “it’s all about opinions”.

who's available that would see us in a better position? i don't think anybody will be better than Dickov tbh. i think he'll keep us up, but he won't be here next season.

Keith Hill would more than do for me, wouldn't cost a lot & is used to working with no money!!