radio manchester

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy if true - This guy is great at managing players. And he gets them fit. Crofty may lose a few pounds as long as he doesn't steal too many jelly babies from Dowie (I believe he gives them out before a game for energy?!???)

They contain a lot of sugar and very little if any fat so the body processes them as an energy source rather than as stored energy.

Doesn't work if you eat the whole packet.

hoping he doesn't accept until after MK Dons...

i can't go on saturday and want to welcome him in!

edit - this is on Dowie's son's twitter that was posted:

Good to see dad's fans' favourite for the Oldham job. He's been waiting for a long-term project like this for a while.

Edited by oafc-latics

I went shopping in Tesco, Horwich this afternoon, the big 'un next to the Reebok Stadium. As always, I was proudly sporting my Latics away shirt. First of all I quite literally bumped into Iain Dowie in the frozen food aisle and then when I get to the checkout who's next to me in the queue but the actress Maxine Peake. I was star struck I tell you.

One of them is an absolute legend and the other one is, well, the bird out of Shameless.

Very nice bloke our Mr. Dowie all joking aside, really pleasent and chatty, and nowhere near as ugly in the flesh.

No sign of Craig Davies or Chris Taylor though :grin:

Come on Iain, you know it makes sense. Come home. I can arrange some sort of brown envelope exchange in the frozen food aisle if it helps :grin: .

To be fair to Dowie, whilst a lot of managers would jump at the chance of an interim deal in League 1, he's proved he's better than that.

If that's all he's been offered, with no guarantees of an extension if criteria are met, I wouldn't expect him to take that deal.

All guesswork at the moment though.

You could certainly argue a case for a short term deal triggering bonuses if we stay up, and a longer contract.

Of course, up to Doewie to accept.

And anyway you would expect some negotiations to and fro.

I find it hard to belvie that Dowie would discuss the job offer so minutely with his son. Reckon his son is geuessing a bit too,

You could certainly argue a case for a short term deal triggering bonuses if we stay up, and a longer contract.

Of course, up to Doewie to accept.

And anyway you would expect some negotiations to and fro.

I find it hard to belvie that Dowie would discuss the job offer so minutely with his son. Reckon his son is geuessing a bit too,

You are probably correct. He will obviously know his son will come under scrutiny on Twitter, so is playing his cards close to his chest. What I don't agree with is this short-term malarkey. Either give somebody the job, or don't bother. Simple.

This interim manager lark is no good, I mentioned in another thread IMO we need a manager who can get to work this season keeping us up but at the same time start to plan for next season, long term is the key on and off the pitch.

How can someone be right for the job short term but not next season?

If we have a young manager in charge who is new to managment would it be easier to control financial aspect of it (demand for new players) than it would be with someone who has been there and done it?

Give Dowie a contract until the end of next season with an option of a 3rd and let him plan............ Cant see Shearer leaving Match of the day to be assistant manager though THANK :censored:!!