Would The New Man Get The Blame

When the new manager comes in with 15 games left after tomorrow's how much blame would you place with them if they couldn't keep us up bearing in mind they would have had a 1/3 of the season 8 home games and loads points to play for against the teams in and around us?

Would they become as culpable as the players and previous manager? or considerably less so as they have taken over another managers side

If they keep us up they will be deemed a hero so if they take us down are they a villain?

Edited by laticdickovarmy

In March alone we play Swindon, Bournemouth, Sheffield United, Tranmere, Hartlepool and Shrewsbury.

You tell me which games we are going to get points from that month?

It wont be this manager's fault if this team gets relegated. It will be a joint responsibility between Corney and Dickov, which I think both have realised this past week.

Imo Warnock had to share the blame in '97 with a similar amount if games to play and he won only 4 including NINE home games v

Bradford L1-2

Trannies L1-2

Wolves W3-2

Charlton D1-1

Palace L0-1

Swindon W5-1

Bolton D0-0

Brum D2-2

Norwich W3-0 (Already Down)

Didnt we get tonked 4-0 the game after the Swindon match?

Edit: Just seen they were home matches! I'll get back in my cage :peepwall:

Edited by Killens_physio

From discussions on here:

If Dowie appointed - players' fault.

If Lee appointed - Lee's fault.

If Scholes appointed - players' fault.

If Brown appointed - Brown's fault.

....and so on.

Almost agree with that!

If Lee is appointed, then SC's fault, as he should appointed someone with experience, Adn the players as we know what they can do.

If Dowie then players as we know what he can do, and what the palyers are capable of.

If Scholes appointed I'll bare, no Everyones fault.

If Brown appinted then players for not listening, and Browns for being, well Brown,and SC for appointing him.

Ipswich (A) L0-4 yeah

Rest of his aways

QPR W1-0

City L0-1

Stoke L1-2

Port Vale L2-3

Ipswich L0-4

Baaaaarnsley L0-2

Reading L0-2

Oh I was that at Reading away game, still hurts now - sat on the coach after the game in tears and the Reading fans

goading us... barring at 10-0 or something similar win the week after, we were as good as down...

In March alone we play Swindon, Bournemouth, Sheffield United, Tranmere, Hartlepool and Shrewsbury.

You tell me which games we are going to get points from that month?

It wont be this manager's fault if this team gets relegated. It will be a joint responsibility between Corney and Dickov, which I think both have realised this past week.

Oh I was that at Reading away game, still hurts now - sat on the coach after the game in tears and the Reading fans

goading us... barring at 10-0 or something similar win the week after, we were as good as down...

Stitch missing a penalty too.

If we get relegated it would probably be a redeemer for Dickov if anything.

The consensus is that the team is good enough but the motivation and tactics aren't. If we continue this run with another manager then it might prove that the players were simply not good enough or not committed enough.

Neither Dickov or the new/interim manager will get the blame, more likely the players.

Said it before, no other teams and their fans are looking at our squad and thinking 'Wow I wish he was playing for us'

We have got such a player now in Barnard, shameful that it's taken us getting dragged into relegation battle before action has been taken.

Baxter?

Ground's also played better than most left-backs we've played against this season..

Corneys fault for dithering about from September. Edit he should take the praise when it goes well.

And for dithering around now:

"Chairman Simon Corney is yet to appoint Dickov’s successor and although former boss Iain Dowie and new favourite Sammy Lee have both been strongly linked with a return to Boundary Park, Corney told M.E.N. Sport that he has not yet offered the job to anyone. He is in New York on business until next week so hasn’t begun interviewing yet."

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/oldham-v-mk-dons-league-1301619

Responsibility for relegation will fall squarely on Corney. Dickov should have gone long before we dropped into the bottom four.

If we stay up the manager will get all the credit.

Just seen where Corney is! FFS Corney is going to take us down.

Edited by Hands on

I think it is 50 - 50 the new man might keep us up. I genuinely think this is one of the weakest, gutless squads we have ever had, seriously lacking pace and fitness too. If it looks like the manager has tried his best to keep us up he should not be blamed and should be allowed to plan for next season.