Smith and Simpson back

Would you draft Smith straight back in? If so who for?

http://www.oldhamath...ies-652340.aspx

Yes, straight in for Iwelumo, they do the same job and appear to have equal ability (albeit Smith wins more headers, Iwelumo slightly better touch), but Smith will be much more up for it as with Liverpool. With barnard being a much better version of Simpo then we will have a real threat

Smith's probably still been doing fitness work, given that he had a shoulder injury, so a couple of days training should see him okay. I think he deserves to start after his performance against Liverpool. If he plays like that again, with Barnard up alongside him, you never know...

Id start Smith even if him and Barnard have never played together as Smith is a huge help in both boxes and as per the Liverpool game it allows us to go from back to front quickly.

Only seen Iwelumo once v Walsall and seems to have leadership qualities to see us over the line at the end

Simspon on the bench as well

There is a bit of me that would play Smith for Barnard, especially if Distin isn't fit. Heitinga is a good defender but he's a bit small and a combined strike force of Smith and Iwelumo could torment Heitinga and Jagielka if we play the right way.

Smith and Iwelumo have a combined 10 inches of height advantage over Heitinga and Jagielka. Everton are not as light-weight as Arsenal but can be out muscled.

If Distin's fit I'd probably go with Smith and Barnard but I'd bring Iwelumo on around the 60 minute mark to either hold it up better to protect the good result or to give an extra bit of footballing quality to get a good result.

That's if Smith is fit enough to start, but I'd expect he might be given the nature of his injury.

Simmo is on the bench and should only get on if we are chasing the game.

Has to be Smith. Simpson can keep the bench warm as Barnard has been a class act. We are talking about professional footballers - he will be fit enough. Iwelumo has the skill to beat league 1 defenders but he lacks mobility, yes even slower than Smith, and will get nowhere against Everton. Smith will frighten them with his raw aggression, they don't like it up 'em, his desire and commitment for his club. Much depends on getting a referee who realises this is a contact sport.

Not seen us play much this season have you? We didn't miss him this weekend.

Seen us play most games.

We didn't miss him but Iwelumo was a bag of :censored:e. Simpson is effective as a number 10 and is one of the few players we have who will take chances and have a shot.