I would say one giant team for the glamour, and 2 small western European teams for easy away trips and a probability of finishing second in the group. We are then likely to draw a decent team in the knock out phase. Let's be realistic we aren't going to win it at our first attempt so it would be nice to play a really big name.

Nurse!

Bloody doom and gloomer!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you can't qualify for Europe from the fourth tier.

So, it is still (remotely) possible that both the league and FA Cup trophy winners not represented in Europe. But not to worry, some hard up Premiership team would get some much needed income.

I think as long as their ground meets the standards (3 stands - not sure...) then they are eligible. However, they might not want to take up the spot! Playing in Europe is expensive and you have to pay all the costs up-front before getting any of the money back at the end of the season!

I think you can't qualify for Europe from the fourth tier.

So, it is still (remotely) possible that both the league and FA Cup trophy winners not represented in Europe. But not to worry, some hard up Premiership team would get some much needed income.

FA have said Bradford will play if they win the League Cup.

FA have said Bradford will play if they win the League Cup.

Have they made a statement on Swansea? I remember there was serious discussion about whether Cardiff would be eligable for European qualification when they reached the FA Cup final as they are actually associated/registered/something with the Welsh FA.

I think as long as their ground meets the standards (3 stands - not sure...) then they are eligible. However, they might not want to take up the spot! Playing in Europe is expensive and you have to pay all the costs up-front before getting any of the money back at the end of the season!

You have to be Category 4 stadium. Only £8k capacity needed but there are lots of demands on teh media, sponsorship side and making sure the changing rooms are big enough, where we could fall down.

You have to be Category 4 stadium. Only £8k capacity needed but there are lots of demands on teh media, sponsorship side and making sure the changing rooms are big enough, where we could fall down.

They would all be good problems to have to ponder, come that Saturday in May

No problem, the media can have the whole of the Broadway side.

However, I don't want us to play in Europe if we have to have those stupid distracting perimeter electronic advertising boards.

I can't think of anything worse than descending on some European hotbed of culture with some of you lot :grin:

Some of us older ones can wear a knotted hankie up top with style in warmer climates. Obligatory white socks and sandals. "love, im just popping out for a few days keep my tea in the oven"

No problem, the media can have the whole of the Broadway side.

However, I don't want us to play in Europe if we have to have those stupid distracting perimeter electronic advertising boards.

They don't have the electronic ones I don't think. Oh but they seem to have funny laws re. Banning drinking in the ground despite having beer as a sponsor.

Got to love the day dream believers on this board at times

One minute where doomed to league 2 football next season and the next minute we are qualifying for the Europa League

Hahahaha

Not that I wouldn't mind a cheeky jolly with the lads watch tics aboard like ;)

Ok ill join in the fantasy...

Shamrock rovers in the qualifier beat them go on a piss up round Dublin

Then get some Eastern European team over two legs, cheap flights, cheap beer, warm weather & a thousand or so tics on tour ;)

Got to love the day dream believers on this board at times

One minute where doomed to league 2 football next season and the next minute we are qualifying for the Europa League

Hahahaha

Not that I wouldn't mind a cheeky jolly with the lads watch tics aboard like ;)

Ok ill join in the fantasy...

Shamrock rovers in the qualifier beat them go on a piss up round Dublin

Then get some Eastern European team over two legs, cheap flights, cheap beer, warm weather & a thousand or so tics on tour ;)

Who said anything about staying up ;)