Your favourite moment of the cup run...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The seven minutes as a whole at Forest probably take it for me but given that that was not a particular moment my list is:

1. Final whistle and celebrations against Liverpool.

2. Smith's equaliser against Everton.

3. Smith's first against Liverpool.

It's been a hell of a ride. For Baxter and Simmo's second at Forest to not even be on a list of top three in one competition when ordinarily they would be a contender for moment of the season speaks volumes.

Proudest moment was the shirt being presented to the Liverpool fans who were raising money for the Hillsborough families and the justice campaign, and Cherie's speech about us being a really special club and thanking the club and fans for all their support, before guaranteeing us winning by saying "we're gonna kick your backsides now!".

On the pitch....either the relief/delirium of the final whistle in the Liverpool game, or getting the free-kick vs Forest and being - for once - absolutely 100% certain that Baxter was going to score.

My best moment was Smith's equaliser - I've never been as ecstatic as at that moment, and being a younger fan who was born after the pinch me years it meant the hope and the dream lived on that little bit longer. Smith's first at Liverpool was up there too, probably just from sheer shock than anything... I didn't expect anything from that game after seeing their starting XI, so to go ahead so early on was just incredible.

I’ve emailed the club about the possibility of an open top tram parade from Mumps to Freehold, to give the fans the opportunity to bask in the players’ reflective glory.

Blackpool PTE are considering letting us borrow the green and cream one that ran over Alan Bradley a few years ago.

Kidderminster pies are a legend to hold onto. but as Rosa says the fact that we all knew Jose's free kick was gonna go in, and he did not let us down. I for one was dancing before before he hit it, thank you latics for what has been a great season and a :censored: season.

My last clear memory of the campaign is probably my last pint in Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem :drinking45: . All great days, as a moment it has to be Smith sending man and ball racing into each other into the net vs Liverpool. We were on top then, they were our plaything. Him doing similar to poor lickle Jagielka wasn't too shabby either though

In all this Pandemonium we've forgot that Kidderminster was a really good away game. We got to go to a ground we've not played at (not for a while anyway?) against a non league side under 2 hours away, we stood on a terrace, made a fair racket and won. Not saying it was the best but it won't be forgotten!

Spot on there with great Cottage pies also It was the start of the run

I missed the early rounds so for me, Liverpool the last 20 mins of sheer nail biting hell when stevie g rattled the cross bar, Everton Crofty's deft turn at the half way line to set up Orbita and of course the throwing of the kitchen sink when we equalised and the whole stadium erupted. Everton away, wondering at times who were the league one side and the bloody crowd yes you lot are awesome, still got a croaky voice even now

Oh yes and a scarred shin for life as a momento too