Dowie deal almost done

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Korey Smith was born in January in Hatfield and so was....

....Iain Dowie.

I think it's all beginning to make sense. :unsure:

Korey Smith was born in January in Hatfield and so was....

....Iain Dowie.

I think it's all beginning to make sense. :unsure:

What more proof do you want lol !!!!

I still think it will be Dowie.........it's a little bit odd that Dowie has not come out in the media denying interest and that Corney hasn't really touched on the subject apart from admitting that they have spoken.

There is perhaps some problems to iron out in any potential contract but the fact that Corney is cool about the whole management thing leads me to believe some sort of deal has been verbally agreed.

I think it's possibly the sky contract that's delaying the appointment...........it might have a clause inserted which means he can't leave mid season or something, I hope so anyway because I think Dowie would be ideal!

I think it's possibly the sky contract that's delaying the appointment...........it might have a clause inserted which means he can't leave mid season or something, I hope so anyway because I think Dowie would be ideal!

Possibly. But if you have a desire to get back into football management it would seem an odd contract to sign that limits the time you can take up a new role - particularly in the world of football management where I'd guess 90%+ of appointments are made mid-season.

Potentially there is a clause that says the club have to pay some form or compensation that might be a financial stumbling block for us (and with our recent cup run potentially Sky are falling for the 'we have no money' argument?).

Phil brown and brian horton (i think) buggered off after 70 mins and corney didn't come out 4 2nd half. Discussions? 2+2=75?

Also got told dowie has already agreed a 2 year deal and is negotiating his release from sky. Source? Billy urmson apparently.

Who to believe?

Phil brown and brian horton (i think) buggered off after 70 mins and corney didn't come out 4 2nd half. Discussions? 2+2=75?

Also got told dowie has already agreed a 2 year deal and is negotiating his release from sky. Source? Billy urmson apparently.

Who to believe?

I hope he hurries up or he'll have now't to manage.I too heard his delay is all about settling with SKY ,but that was a while ago,and my source was high up in the club.

Phil Brown or Dowie it is then, and I hinted a bit of something in TP's chuckle when he said if he would be in charge for Tuesday.

Billy Urmson as good a source as any and makes sense re the end of the betting all of a sudden.

Even if Midsblue has spoken to Dowie, is Dowie really gonna say to a fan 'yep im talking and all but agreed a deal and awaiting Sky clearance' etc? - he'd keep quiet and rightly so.

Its none of his business and when its done he would hear it all done by being annonced officially.

Plus, if the betting had changed last week because a fan puts a fiver on, it wouldn't have the effect of making the odds suddenly go from 12/1 to 8/13 in some cases, they would shorten to 3 or 4/1.

Either way all very strange, illogical and stupid at the same time with this whol cherade, only at Latics though eh....

Edited by shefflatic

Who to believe?

I don't want Phil Brown,My hearts says he not the right man for the job.He would never have been my first choice, but we desperately need a new manager NOW!

I want someone in who knows the club very well.

Edited by BluesFan

I don't want Phil Brown,My hearts says he not the right man for the job.He would never have been my first choice, but we desperately need a new manager NOW!

I want someone in who knows the club very well.

To be fair, the club is nothing like it was when Dowie was last in charge. I suppose the tea lady is the same, but not sure that is going to change the fortunes on the pitch.

Who to believe?

Corney watched the 2nd half stood at the top of the tunnel next to the Bournemouth subs. Was angry when Baxter missed his penalty.

Phil brown and brian horton (i think) buggered off after 70 mins and Corney didn't come out 4 2nd half. Discussions? 2+2=75?

Who to believe?

Corney was stood at the top of the tunnel steps for all the 2nd half. With his head in his hands...