The match day experience ?

as sad as it sounds i,d start again and move the club out of oldham, somewhere like middleton or ashton, personally the council, stayaway fans of oldham dont deserve a club we,d all still go but it could open up a huge new catchment area for the club. if i was corney thats what i,d do

Stayaway fans don't deserve a club? Doesn't really make sense, that. Taking a club away from where its fans are based is ludicrous in any case, especially as it's in the heartland of Utd & City fans.

As for standing/singing sections, the bureaucracy involved in football would almost certainly prohibit this being carried through. The current crop of singers are sat down so what would be any different elsewhere? I'd absolutely love something like this to happen but fans are criminals in the eyes of the authorities. I'd write a letter/email to the club, if others did the same in order to show support for an idea like this though, if others are dedicated to it.

Improvements on matchdays - most have been stated. Atmosphere, less empty seats, function room, pies and attacking, winning football.

Edited by NewBlue

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop being kicked out of the Rocky Road End ....was great sitting in the warm sunshine instead of the cold misery of the Chaddy ......spent all the 80's stood up in the Chaddy , but as a seating stand is awful imo.

Other than that nothing. I like turning up at 2-50 , getting a Bovril and watching from the Rocky Road End.

I think a sports bar effort would do it for me. When I get down for a game I usually get into Manchester late morning and then either find somewhere in Manchester for food, a couple of pints and the early game or else head to somewhere like the Summit/Greyhound for the same. If I knew I could jump on the bus straight to the ground and get all that in a place where the club would also benefit it'd make a huge difference - even better if it was comfortable, had decent beers and enough staff to keep queuing to a minimum

as sad as it sounds i,d start again and move the club out of oldham, somewhere like middleton or ashton, personally the council, stayaway fans of oldham dont deserve a club we,d all still go but it could open up a huge new catchment area for the club. if i was corney thats what i,d do

You do know that today is April 2nd?

Catering and booze. I know there are physical problems with the facilities that will only be fixed when the stands are rebuilt, but something like Exeter have would be superb. Do the arrangements with our exceptionally poor caterers prevent this?

Firstly..I'd introduce those safe standing rail seats that latics have approved in the new stand to get more fans in on the big cup games (could help towards creating the at atmosphere) er it's currently illegal. Certainly if we want to get into the Conference.

Secondly.. I'd lower the prices.. The leaked season ticket price was good but let's make it £10 an adult £5 under 16's & OAP on the day aswell.. More bums on seats even at a cut cost rate means more programmes, confectionary products, beer & merchandise bought..

The £6m dollar question.

But one thing for sure, you will never make up the difference is discounting the ticket price in Progs, confectionary etc, there is simply not the profit & sales in them, and the cost base is too high.

Thirdly.. Loyalty Schemes with season ticket holders at the top of the pecking order, after that you build points up on a loyalty card, the more games you attended you more points you accumulate items bought from the club shop, away tickets sold at the ticket office, and the club run coach travel all could build up points.

Points can be used to clarify who gets first dibs on cup tickets ie ST holders - Monday, 500+ loyalty points - Tuesday, open sale - Wednesday

Understandable point. Though surely it does depend on sales rather than arbitrary days.

Points could be traded in at the toward the end of the season for there value in match tickets or club merch etc...

Tried with Team card. People simply did not take it up.

Local produce... Why are we selling pre packed pies when we could be selling freshly made pies and hot pots from local suppliers?

This would at least double the cost. And so reduce the profit. A non starter.

Catering and booze. I know there are physical problems with the facilities that will only be fixed when the stands are rebuilt, but something like Exeter have would be superb. Do the arrangements with our exceptionally poor caterers prevent this?

If so what is stopping them from making new arrangements with slightly more competent caterers?

If the club arent happy or able to build a bar/pub inside the ground then they should on the area around it as then it would be open 7days a week and make a profit even when the team is not playing#

For me the key aside from producing a product on the pitch is make it enjoyable for kids. They are the future of our football club, if when we go none of the now kids support the side then we will not have a football club

Why do we not have HT entertainment? It doesnt have to be costly

Before the game give kids a chance for 2-20pm to play 5 a side on the pitch and then offer them a free ticket in the hope they get the bug and can say I played on a league 1 pitch

Before every game have a ex-latics player introduced to the crowd at say 250pm. That would get the crowd going a little

Improvement of our website also ties in with this, we could advertise events happening on the day. I hardly check the offical site now as the quality on their is piss poor in truth.

In the bar around the pitch/inside the ground have TV's with highlights of previous Latics game again to get the crowd going

Use local suppliers as mentioned above and to help break the rate we pay them offer them a sponsership in the programme and around the ground.

Introduce loyalty systems and make sure you make the fans who put the effort in to go to games feel appericated.

I could go on but to be honest I think I would be wasting my breath as a lot would not get done and to be fair some of that is because of a lack of funds.

Its not all about the product on the pitch for me that is out of our control but players do react better to more fans if they are positive which in turn can lead to a better spectacle on the playing side as well.

Make the rocky the home end. Put the chaddy enders in there and the vocal support would increase dramatically. The fans are voting with their feet. The creche might move to the main stand lower to do their goading. Double bubble.

Edited by Magic Mikey

designated areas, so if you want to experience something in particular you know where to sit

Singers can sit with the singers

Those who want to sit all game can because everyone around them wants to sit

all the moaners can sit with all the moaners

all the fit blondes can sit next to me

a moaning section, that's the best idea I've ever heard! You could quite easily make a fly on the wall documentary with that!!

a moaning section, that's the best idea I've ever heard! You could quite easily make a fly on the wall documentary with that!!

There is a moaning section, its the George Hill (or whatever its called these days) lower, to the right of the dugout if you were looking at it on the tv. Shocking amount of moaning from that area, nothing like the banter in the Lookers lower. Although there was always this one miserable git who would crack out his Specsavers joke EVERY game. T**T and son of T**T we lablled them.

designated areas, so if you want to experience something in particular you know where to sit

Singers can sit with the singers

Those who want to sit all game can because everyone around them wants to sit

all the moaners can sit with all the moaners

all the fit blondes can sit next to me

I've been thinking a bit more about this. If there was a poor away support, the dedicated sections would be able to sing to each other, in particular the singers to the moaners.

"shall we have a moan for you, shall we have a moan for you..."

"two nil down and you still don't moan......"

"can you hear the moaners groan? No, no...."

"your support, your support, your support is :censored:ing encouraging............"

"you fat bastard, you fat bastard. ...." (sorry wrong section)

The moaners could have their own songs.

We are the :censored: of all Europe, the crap of the north

We moan about Smithy and Bouzy of course (and Wes)

We whine when at home, we don't go away

We're sad if the ga-ames are going our way

We're critical bastards, without any doubt

We are the negative boys....ta nah nah

And plenty more I'm sure.

I really need to do something more useful with my time, but given the option of being on here or lesson planning.... :mmm:

There is a moaning section, its the George Hill (or whatever its called these days) lower, to the right of the dugout if you were looking at it on the tv. Shocking amount of moaning from that area, nothing like the banter in the Lookers lower. Although there was always this one miserable git who would crack out his Specsavers joke EVERY game. T**T and son of T**T we lablled them.

The Lookers Paddock was awesome, got some great memories from there over the years. Getting a sun tan in August, and then getting piss wet through and freezing your bollox off for the rest of the season. Some quality banter and some real characters in there.

And I often wonder what happened to :censored: and Son Of :censored:, not seen them knocking about BP ranting about "Specsavers" and "brown envelopes" in years. Perhaps they finally moaned themselves to death.