PITCH ENCROACHMENT AND DAMAGE

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was interesting to see that at Preston yesterday the first 5 or 6 rows had a cover over them, this rendered it quite difficult to get to the pitch. A cheap option perhaps for next season if we haven't been kicked out of the football league by then.

I think the FL will insist on summat similar tbh and more vertically segregated rows between home and away fans

Not good I admit, but hardly in the same type of incident

Where did I say it was?

New Blue posted that labelling those that ran on the pitch as "scum" was harsh (which I agree with) and suggested such a label would be more suited to the prat at the Leeds match who ran on and pushed Kirkland. I just suggested we can look a little closer to home for an example of such a person.

And while the two separate incidents "shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath" the thread is entitled "PITCH ENCROACHMENT AND DAMAGE" so it's not completely ridiculous that the coach incident is referred to here.

Ground regulation 5, as published in the season ticket book and around the ground, states "Unauthorised persons are not permitted to enter the field of play". If the letter of the law had been followed I believe the encroachers could have been arrested and banned for 3 years (that was certainly the punishment when I was a steward).

Bottom line is, 10 pound season ticket holder or not, they should not have been on the pitch.

Its no win situtation for the club really, we dont want to risk turning potential future fans away but after the incidents yesterday and those against Coventry etc earlier in the season its clear the £10 season ticket needs to be reviewed.

They would care less why would they. The minute the kids are out of the gate its the parents who are responsible not the schools. As someone who contributed to the tickets and know how hard Dean and co worked it leaves a bitter taste that we end the season with this crap. More stewards or a temp net would have done it as a one off. Ban the little sods but dont tar all the great kids who didnt put a foot wrong. Or the club IS fooooked.

This would be a good way of identifying them. Also, if someone put my school in a bad light when I was a kid, there would have been hell to pay! Parents would be in no doubt as to the matter in hand. As it stands, parents will believe that their 'little darlings' are off to the match and then they come home. Nothing more.

This episode can be used to set a few ground rules and educate a few kids as to how they shold behave if they want to remain in the stadium for a whole match or allowed in at all for that matter!

This is the clay we have to work with and if we can mould them into loyal, well behaved fans of the future then how can we miss this opportunity? Not all the young fans are badly behaved, we are talking the usual 10%.

The vast majority are happy to turn up and behave, Please don't forget this Barry!

I did observe that the invaders quickly moved off the pitch when the supporters in the stands let their feelings known. Maybe we all have a small responsibility here. Didn't we all have the guiding hand of our more senior fans to help us make the right choices at the match?

We were all warned of the consequences of encroachment but it happened. Kids who don't yet get it were guilty. When they do get it they will be true 'tics...

Nobody encroached at the end. Maybe a lesson learned?

I left the ground when the players finished walking in front of the RRE, as I walked through the car park there was a collection of about 20 or so yoots that just had an air of "up to no good" about them, hanging about not really doing anything but looking like they were going to cause someone some paperwork. I'm putting two and two together and presuming these are the ones that put the coach window through?

Over recent seasons the car park has become a free for all not only for getting out of but there have now been a few incidents happen in there, I usually leave the RRE from the front but on the occasion when I have slipped out the back there has been a police presence at the back of the stand but none in the actual car park. Shame and sad indictment but there should be police near the away coaches as this would stop anything like this happening and giving us a bad name.

Is it also too much to ask for the club to have car park attendants when people are trying to get out? At the least someone to make sure that both gates are open so you can drive out? There used to be a policeman stopping the traffic on broadway but this hasn't happened for a season or two now, accident waiting to happen there as you have to look right to see the traffic then as soon as you pull out there are pedestrians crossing at the same time to your left, I've seen a few near misses recently.

I haven't trawled through allt this thread and the others and don't know if this has been said but hear goes......

The pitch invasion was wrong? Yes ofcourse

But are we over reacting? Yes i think we are. How many of you were on the pitch in 1990 or 1993 or 1999? Pitch invasions happen at most clubs when there is something to celebrate and saturday was a relief to all latics fans. There was probably people who turned up just to go on the pitch but there must of been 300-400 peopld on there. The majority were relieved latics fans! The real harm was done after the yoevil game. That was just pointless and planted the seed

I dont think they should do away with the £10 ST, rather they should lower the age to under 14s. Put it up to £50 for 14-16 year olds, Students £100 with NUS no :censored:e scheme and £8000 for germans.

Or even make it so that the £10 season ticket can only be purchased with an adult ticket?

Or even make it so that the £10 season ticket can only be purchased with an adult ticket?

Depends on the price of the adult ticket. I certainly couldnt afford it at current prices. Might be some legs in a £50 ticket being cheaper if purchased with an adult though.

To me it seems unfair to penalise people like my son who is eleven and well behaved, because some sixteen year olds cant behave.

I saw this on the OAFC message board...

"Sadly sentencing guidelines applicable in the UK at present prevent proper punishments being applied - thats in the unlikely event anyone has to go to court."

Some of our fans want to sentence a few kids who ran on the pitch? It's :censored:ing unbelievable some of the :censored:e you hear sometimes.

SIMPLE.... move all home fans back into the Chaddy and the Main stand, leave the RRE for away fans, like it used to be, e.g for games against Liverpool and Everton, also Sheffield United the Chaddy end was back how it used to be rocking!!

OR if a child wants to buy a £10 season ticket, simply only let this £10 offer be applied for the chaddy end or main stand

SIMPLE.... move all home fans back into the Chaddy and the Main stand, leave the RRE for away fans, like it used to be, e.g for games against Liverpool and Everton, also Sheffield United the Chaddy end was back how it used to be rocking!!

OR if a child wants to buy a £10 season ticket, simply only let this £10 offer be applied for the chaddy end or main stand

sorry ignore my downvote it was accidental, I certainy agree with the second part

Watching the Football League Show , the Rotherham fans invaded the pitch when they scored near the end I.e. the match was in progress. Just like at Latics.

On their OS was a message before the game asking fans not to invade and making it very clear that if they did the FA would fine the club.

Edited by LaticsPete