5 little things that annoy you about Football

1 Shielding the ball out of play from the edge of your box - why is this not obstruction?

2 Pubs that show 3pm Kick Offs live in this country. Helping to kill off lower league football and your floating punters

3 Sky hyping up every top four clash as 'Judgement Day', 'Face Off' or 'End Game' should be labelled as 'Boredom', 'Indifference' and ':censored: Off'

4 Red Commentators like John Champion

5 ITV being :censored:ing useless at any Football Coverage oh and Adrian Chiles

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Commentators who call jagielka, haggielka.

2. Gloves on outfield players.

3. Coloured boots on average players.

4. Players who don't like being tackled ie, poncy twats.

5. Fans who strut around in fake stone island gear thinking they are Bertie big bollocks with their pals who then go home and get shouted at by their mums for not tidying their room!

1. Mark Lawrenson.

2. "Banter." :censored:ing tedious. Tim Lovejoy has a lot to answer for.

3. Armchair tacticians/scouts.

4. Fans complaining about money in football then demanding their club spends, "because you have to speculate to accumulate".

5. Us-against-the-world-ism. Millwall cornered the market early, now everyone's a self-pitying paranoiac.

1. That stupid "You're :censored:, aaaaaaaaaahhhhhh" chant every time a goalkeeper takes a goalkick

This, this, this, this and this.

Even after hearing 8times a week for the past 10yrs it still makes me duck for cover under my seat out of sheer embarrasment

1) Managers who constantly blame refs when they lose.

2) Refs who allow themselves to be bullied by players, being surrounded etc. Surely a simple warning then booking would suffice.

3) TV pundits spending spending stupid amounts of time analysing marginal decisions where it would be near impossible to make a correct judgement call eg Obita's goal against Everton.

4) The smugness of Man U fans. I could cope with them being happy but they come out with so much arrogant crap.

5) superfans who 'hate' anyone who attends a big game but wasn't there when we played Hartlepool etc . Get over it!

1. Stats ..... used to have goal of the month/season ... now ... we have goal/save/40 yard run/pass/blade of grass/dink/jink/nutmeg/dribble/shoulder drop... This only happens in sport.. why not anylise the other things we watch ... with a link to the part of the advert where most of us switch off

2. Stadium catering ........ Its pretty :censored:

3. Away goals ....... you lost because you drew .... what a load of bollocks !!!!!

4. FLS.......2 mins of your team because they are :censored:e ... with all the goals if your lucky .

5.Premium tv ..... give us back our sport you twats .. if I want to see a tap in fro 2 yards from 5 years ago let me see it without giving you £40 ..... rant !!!!!!!

Here's mine, will admit alot have been influenced by Latics but they are also applicable to many other clubs too.

1) Fans living in the past, obsessed with the nostalgia of a bygone era, unwilling to move on and basing their unrealistic expectations on what was achieved in this era.

2) Clubs which adopt a 'get by' mentality or a 'survival' mentality as opposed to a move forward mentality.

3) When a supposed 'professional' football club is run in such an amateurish fashion from top to bottom and tries to do everything 'on the cheap' at the expense of the professional image of their respective football club.

4) Bitter Fans, in particular those who are bitter about players moving on from their own club to better themselves elsewhere, and those whose love for their own team is eclipsed by their hatred for another (Everton fans and Man City fans guilty parties here in particular).

5) Watching a team set their stall out to 'not lose' .

1. Musical instruments or full on brass bands like that :censored:e England one.

2. Clubs higher up the pyramid than us with standing sections. Or even in our division.

3. Commentators who never shut up.

4. Fans who sit behind dozens of people who are stood up when there are plenty of other places to sit, then start complaining they cant see.

5. The cost.

1. Kevin nolans :censored: celebration

2. Daniel sturridges even :censored:TER celebration

3. Players who point to their name when they score ( we know who you are because the crowd have been calling you :censored: all game!)

4. Players who slide on their knees when they score ( it's not original and only looks good when you slide for miles on a wet pitch!)

5. Rio Ferdinand for being a prick!

Latics fans giving it the big un to other fans who are actually doing better than us.

The amount of tripe I've read spouted about Wigan and giving them grief...

er...

Would you swap positions with them?

Damn right I would.

1. Fans abusing opposition players

2. Referees' assistants who wait for the ref to indicate which way before they give the throw in

3. Players who cannot trap/pass/shoot!

4. Free Kicks - when after a minute or two of lining up and repositioning the ball, the strike either flies high over the bar or thuds into the defensive wall

5. Simulation of any kind

Edited by TheBigDog

1. Fans abusing opposition players

2. Referees' assistants who wait for the ref to indicate which way before they give the throw in

3. Players who cannot trap/pass/shoot!

4. Free Kicks - when after a minute or two of lining up and repositioning the ball, the strike either flies high over the bar or thuds into the defensive wall

5. Simulation of any kind

Nowt wrong with creating an intimidating/hostile atmosphere at football games in my opinion. Much better than all this la de da, let's hold hands bollocks.

Nowt wrong with creating an intimidating/hostile atmosphere at football games in my opinion. Much better than all this la de da, let's hold hands bollocks.

Wind them up I agree but do it with a bit of class and humour - intimidation comes in many guises but personally I cannot be doing with the threatening, gesticulating neanderthals abusing the opposition - time that was long gone in my opinion.

Watching the UEFA cup final just reminded me of a couple of my pet hates. Supporters arm waving at corners to get on the TV and telly faces when fans sit on their own looking glum at the end of games. Particularly those who stay 15 minutes after the game crying in seats on their own. Probably just me but I'd want to get the :censored: out of there and wouldn't be hanging around to see someone else lift the trophy.