OWTB message board 1982 -1994

What a finish to the season, becoming champions with that late late penalty by Redfearn. I thought I had tempted fate by having my Queen cassette set up with the 'We Are The Champions" track, but it was great playing it loud while driving out of the BP car park, even though the car was spat on by Wednesday fans.

I'm off to show my arse on the Town Hall steps tonight. Anyone joining me? :grin:

I assume you spent the rest of the night in her majesty's service ?

Edited by BP1960

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have every faith that our chairman Ian Stott will reinvest some of this first division / premier league money into making boundary park a modern stadium. To suggest he is just skimming the profits to line his pockets and feast at the table of every FA committee imaginable is just poppycock. I'm sure he will want to leave a lasting legacy to the town of Oldham, a town he would never think of betraying. :OASISscarf:

I have every faith that our chairman Ian Stott will reinvest some of this first division / premier league money into making boundary park a modern stadium. To suggest he is just skimming the profits to line his pockets and feast at the table of every FA committee imaginable is just poppycock. I'm sure he will want to leave a lasting legacy to the town of Oldham, a town he would never think of betraying. :OASISscarf:

I agree, and I'm also sure future managers will lead the club to even further glories.

Just got back from London, thrashed 4-1 by Spurs, the writing is on the wall now and we have to win out last 3 games to stay up, there's no way that can that happen, my local bookie is offering 500/1 for a great escape - would anyone be daft enough to throw money away on such a bet ? certainly not me, I'm no fool. We are doomed.

Here's the match summary;

http://www.11v11.com...ril-1993-21207/

Edited by BP1960

Off topic : did Roger Palmer ever score a Premier League goal. Actual Premier League, not just the top flight...

No he didn't,Used more as a sub and never scored(I have had a few beers since,so maybe wrong)

I feel that this thread is now just a vehicle for BP1960; as he sits there tapping on his keyboard, sobbing into his Watneys Red Barrel.

Counting the minutes to the new season, the 1982 transfer rumours are quiet, my mate RoyalNavy tells me his young son RoyleArmy is working hard on that front though.

No he didn't,Used more as a sub and never scored(I have had a few beers since,so maybe wrong)

I remember him scoring a header against Everton in a 2-2 draw, was that the season before the prem? Division 1 as it was?

Still got a few top division goals, they just renamed it

Why would we go for an untested, unproven, never managed a game in his life manager.

Once again latics showing no ambition we will be non league by 1986

What we need is someone like that Fergurson from Aberdeen - he has proved he can win trophies and so he will get us promoted

(The 82' equiverlant to #) Royle out