Marwan Koukash

are ground isn't miles away from where it should be? and we are in league one.. room for improvement into the league above! they're in the top league and no room for improvement at all!

You say Salford have never been a big team. They were top dogs when the Willows club was at it's peak.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not saying he's dodgy, but I think people are right to be wary.

That applies to any potential owner. But on the face of it, the bloke is loaded, he seems committed to sport as a hobby and would bring fresh impetus and ideas.

I'm not saying we should be unhappy about it, but at least we should want to know more about what is intended, before we crown him King.

Town move bad. Ground move good. Ground / Team improvements good.

I still think it's more to do about getting in the media myself, or at least it could be a way off before he gets involved in football.

Based on?

Like Roger Ritchie says. they have had their moments - and I'd say they'll play/buy themselves into contention soon too.

but so have roughyheads haha, and looking at their recent signings.. the only one that catches my eye as a great buy is chase!

why would Mk move us to salford, there are 2 rugby teams there already, one minute everyone wants Corney out the next whoever comes in we dont want, koukach is a respected figure in horse racing and has just brought in 12 new top players to salford reds, spending up to the salary cap, doesn.t sound dodgy to me, and is very successful at everything he does, he likes to make money, nothing wrong with that !!! you have to spend to make it, as his investment in salford proves i hope he wants to do the same for us, please dont come back with Moore excuse cos it we always lived in the past we would still be wearing clogs and caps

but so have roughyheads haha, and looking at their recent signings.. the only one that catches my eye as a great buy is chase!

You're joking right?

With his head screwed on Hock is one of if not the best forward in the league. Jake Mullaney is a top quality full back. Walton will easily slot into Super league. Smith has been stand out at Wakefield.

You're joking right?

With his head screwed on Hock is one of if not the best forward in the league. Jake Mullaney is a top quality full back. Walton will easily slot into Super league. Smith has been stand out at Wakefield.

fair enough hock, mullaney is nothing in comparison to the likes of hardaker, tomkins and wellens - plenty of better fullbacks in the league!

rougheads haven't bad much less success then Salford.. founders of the super league, plenty of cup finals - won the 1st division a few times many years ago and won a few challenge cups, that was my point

...and it counts for nought.

fair enough hock, mullaney is nothing in comparison to the likes of hardaker, tomkins and wellens - plenty of better fullbacks in the league!

Tomkins won't be there next year he'll be eating kiwi fruits. Wellens has been finished for the past four years. Hardaker needs to learn to pass the ball before he can be talked of as anything special.

Edited by Roger Ritchie

Tomkins won't be there next year he'll be eating kiwi fruits. Wellens has been finished for the past four years. Hardaker needs to learn to pass the ball before he can be talked of as anything special.

think you're right about tomkins but i still believe there's 4/5/6 better fullbacks before mullaney! although he will become a lot better over the next few years no doubt

Koukash doesn't strike me as a part-ownership kind of a guy.

Then stick some clauses into the take over that concentrate the objectives and no no's if it's long term hopes that's holding up his investment,

Edited by Lags

If he wants it, them surely something could be put in the contract to state that the club cannot be relocated out of Oldham for the next however many years or something along those lines?

Surely anybody not looking to move the club would not care about that......

Am sure one was that pro football had to be played in Oldham for 10 years

Yes, sounds familiar.

If that league rule about being expelled after 5 years of being out of the town is right that wouldn't matter anymore though.

Any buyer would be the one calling the shots rather than Corney, surely?

If he passes the fit and proper test then let's see what corney does. I reckon we will do alright if he comes in.

Stephen Vaughan passed the FA's 'fit and proper person's test. I would hope Corney has better judgement than they do.

Stephen Vaughan passed the FA's 'fit and proper person's test. I would hope Corney has better judgement than they do.

Yeah but koukash might not be a Vaughan type of character. Yes we can be cautious but maybe we should be a bit optimistic as well.