Marwan Koukash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but koukash might not be a Vaughan type of character. Yes we can be cautious but maybe we should be a bit optimistic as well.

Absolutely, I was more making the point that I trust Corney's judgement on someone being a fit and proper person more than the FA's, which is damning him with faint praise a little.

same difference, still a clause

Point is, the nature of the deal is quite different. The council, on the face of it at least, has a responsibility to promote and safeguard sport in Oldham, hence the clause. Corney and crew will be seeking the best possible price and I doubt very much they would compromise that by stipulating how Koukash or whoever else should run the club after the transaction has closed.

Point is, the nature of the deal is quite different. The council, on the face of it at least, has a responsibility to promote and safeguard sport in Oldham, hence the clause. Corney and crew will be seeking the best possible price and I doubt very much they would compromise that by stipulating how Koukash or whoever else should run the club after the transaction has closed.

If we take Corney on his word he clearly indicates he will only step aside when the deal not only suits TTA but it's in Latics best interests. I take that to mean certain promises about the club's future and well being would feature. So I would hope some stipulations are included in the deal.

That applies to any potential owner. But on the face of it, the bloke is loaded, he seems committed to sport as a hobby and would bring fresh impetus and ideas.

Town move bad. Ground move good. Ground / Team improvements good.

Based on?

Of course it applies to any potential owner. Personally I'd want to know how much he has given that he's not on the rich list and that he really is the money so to speak.

In terms of the media, people within RL think its more to do with getting at the RL bosses than it is to do with us. That he's big time and they could lose him. As much as this has come out, he hasn't actually tabled a bid has he?

My feeling is that he was asked a question based on what was said before and he has answered it... And no bid will be made anytime soon.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

In all fairness, there are probably a few people on here that work for bigger and more successful organisations than Latics.

True, when the company I work for was bought out around 8 years ago the deal cost £670m. The fact I brew up and sweep up is irrelevant.....

Why? And then what?

You ask questions to build up a picture of the situation, giving you the ability to make a sound decision after weighing up the pros and cons.

For e.g. I would expect MK to check out our accounts before buying the club and the same should apply the other way.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

You ask questions to build up a picture of the situation, giving you the ability to make a sound decision after weighing up the pros and cons.

For e.g. I would expect MK to check out our accounts before buying the club and the same should apply the other way.

Why would you expect that? If you were selling your house and someone made an offer that was of an amount you were happy with, would you want to see their accounts or would you just sell it? Sure, they'd want to do their homework by havibg a poke around, getting a survey, etc because they're buying the product.

I know it's a fairly crass example but the same applies. I think it's very naive to believe that Corney et al will be carrying out their own fit and proper person test if someone was to offer them what they wanted.

Why would you expect that? If you were selling your house and someone made an offer that was of an amount you were happy with, would you want to see their accounts or would you just sell it? Sure, they'd want to do their homework by havibg a poke around, getting a survey, etc because they're buying the product.

I know it's a fairly crass example but the same applies. I think it's very naive to believe that Corney et al will be carrying out their own fit and proper person test if someone was to offer them what they wanted.

Erm yes. You don't want to lose thousands of pounds in legal fees when selling a house so it's pretty much standard practice for your solicitor to ask the buyer for a copy of the mortgage offer letter. To get the mortgage offer, you have to be credit scored and provide evidence of income, outgoings and debt.

Yes SC doesn't need to check if he doesn't want to, but if he cares about the club and its stakeholders, he will do.

When my own organisation (edit: Wayne Inc) deals with large contracts and needs to show it has the funds to pay, it obtains a bank guarantee for this purpose. I believe the same has been asked by sellers of football clubs in the past.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

What decision?

Is this you revealing your true identity?

Whether SC as owner he would want to sell the club and whether as fans we support that. We might not get the information needed to make such a decision but we can ask.

Ha I'm Batman's Leftfoot

Edited by jimsleftfoot

Erm yes. You don't want to lose thousands of pounds in legal fees when selling a house so it's pretty much standard practice for your solicitor to ask the buyer for a copy of the mortgage offer letter. To get the mortgage offer, you have to be credit scored and provide evidence of income, outgoings and debt.

Yes SC doesn't need to check if he doesn't want to, but if he cares about the club and its stakeholders, he will do.

When my own organisation (edit: Wayne Inc) deals with large contracts and needs to show it has the funds to pay, it obtains a bank guarantee for this purpose. I believe the same has been asked by sellers of football clubs in the past.

But that's evidence of the buyer's ability to pay the asking price for the property, not of what they can afford to spend thereafter.