Marwan Koukash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry folks but it isnt even us. There was a conversation and SC scared him off with the asking price, so he moved on to another club, preston I think.

Why print it in the Chron and M.E.N then ?

Edited by BP1960

Why print it in the Chron and M.E.N then ?

because they want to sell you papers and get cash for your clicks. local papers like this are not arsed about validity or accuracy, more bothered about how much attention they can get by doing as little as possible. in other words churnalism. and they're not ashamed of it either. they take you for mugs.

Edited by Pine Villains

could anyone who has the advertiser put a quick summary on about whats been said (rarely get it at my house)

MK deal is unlikely but we are linked to indian tycoon Alland Sundry and Swedish Billionaire Butt Nothingslikelytohappensson. Oh and something about Irish bankrupt gangster Niall Getmeocoat.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

I reckon this one has a lot more legs in it yet, whatever the Advertiser says. If Koukash is at the Broncos v Salford game in a couple of weeks I'm going to do whatever it takes :shakeit:

If, however, Corney has scared him off for ever with his asking price then I'd suggest that we are completely and utterly f'd. If spendthrift multimillionaires cant afford to buy us because of all that lovely lovely land we're sitting on then we're dooooooooooooooooooooooomed

I reckon this one has a lot more legs in it yet, whatever the Advertiser says. If Koukash is at the Broncos v Salford game in a couple of weeks I'm going to do whatever it takes :shakeit:

If, however, Corney has scared him off for ever with his asking price then I'd suggest that we are completely and utterly f'd. If spendthrift multimillionaires cant afford to buy us because of all that lovely lovely land we're sitting on then we're dooooooooooooooooooooooomed

The asking price is only a starting point for negotiations, and shouldn't frighten anyone off. However I have thought all along that we are not big enough, and don't have the fan base for this chap. Preston's ground is already developed and needs nothing spending on it, and as he says the remedy is already their.

The asking price is only a starting point for negotiations, and shouldn't frighten anyone off. However I have thought all along that we are not big enough, and don't have the fan base for this chap. Preston's ground is already developed and needs nothing spending on it, and as he says the remedy is already their.

But Preston are arguably as developed as they'll ever be as a club. With us we are almost at rock bottom and you could get us up to a level with say Preston, and maybe even make a little money along the way.

A couple of posters say it's Preston with an air of authority...does it say this in the Advertiser or is it just your opinion (or you've heard it elsewhere?)

The only place I've seen it is on this forum.

Little fact...PNE are over £40M in debt.Another point...Koukash said he was going to bring back figures from when the club was big....who?Tom Finney?

A couple of posters say it's Preston with an air of authority...does it say this in the Advertiser or is it just your opinion (or you've heard it elsewhere?)

The only place I've seen it is on this forum.

Little fact...PNE are over £40M in debt.Another point...Koukash said he was going to bring back figures from when the club was big....who?Tom Finney?

MK comments make out he is mid-negotiation with the mystery club, and a deal is imminent; yet SC stated he met MK weeks ago and has heard nothing since so I'd say MK wasn't keen and took his interest elsewhere unfortunately.

RR is spot on with this we have rugby legends and stars all round us at home. Plenty of room to develop one of biggest sporting crimes from Oldham was what happened to Oldham RFL. True World class stars on doorstep and yet failed. Latics deserve some luck and this guy has a bit of passion for what he does the thought of a proper run professional club excites me and gives me thoughts of progress. He isnt for throwing money down a drain has some failures ie the hotel in Liverpool but at least has a vision.

Im in.

It is criminal, if you were to look at the best players of the Super League Era you would have the following right at the top:

Sculthorpe (Paul)

Harris

Sinfield.

Then if you look at all the rest who have made excellent careers at the highest level. The fact the sport failed in Oldham is almost unfathomable.