Marwan Koukash

Should move this into the 'typical latics' thread due to:

Usual attitude of some fans thinking it would be bad for the club! A new wealthy owner wanting to pump money into the club and move the club forward instead of steady decline that we've become accustomed to, yeah we wouldn't want that now would we!

Would love to see this happen and bring some excitement around the place although can't help but feel it'll end up in the 'typical latics' thread by missing out on this due to TTA over valuing the club.

I sense a poll. :mmm:

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should move this into the 'typical latics' thread due to:

Usual attitude of some fans thinking it would be bad for the club! A new wealthy owner wanting to pump money into the club and move the club forward instead of steady decline that we've become accustomed to, yeah we wouldn't want that now would we!

Would love to see this happen and bring some excitement around the place although can't help but feel it'll end up in the 'typical latics' thread by missing out on this due to TTA over valuing the club.

Typical Latics fan then..... ha ha

You think Corney is responsible for the last couple of years being profitable?

I think the club is with him at the helm. Sure cup runs and transfer fee's were a major factor also, next years accounts will show the extent of that. But I can't believe people don't realise the contribution SC has made in cutting costs and running the club within it's means.

We need to be very careful what we wish for, Chris Moore is a lesson we should never ever forget. Some people posting on here think :censored: or bust is a good option, it isn't.

I think that SC is partly responsible for turning the club around - and a few good cup pay days are also partly responsible.

We can see that the cost of our players wages has dropped significantly over SCs tenure, and whilst attendances have also dropped - I'd guess that this has been overall a positive movement in terms of running costs. Also the (unpopular) decision to close and demolish a stand will have reduced our maintenance and staffing costs as well.

I genuinely believe that SC has the best interests of OAFC in mind. He is keeping the club afloat and mostly financially stable - though this does not deliver what football fans want. We want success not long term stability - we say we want the latter when we are on the brink of extinction, but then we slip into the relegation zone and we demand money etc. He is not perfect, and I am sure that he will admit to mistakes (privately at least), but who is?

If during this summer, SC hands over the club to someone willing and able to invest more in that he can, and its someone that he AND we believe will make us better - then I think SC could IMO be regarded as a great servant to the club and one that I would happily see stay on in some sort of capacity - genuine or symbolic. If he doesn't, and we keep going - then, well I'd still say he has done us OK.

I'd expect Corney to attend games as a fan. He states many many times that he now is a bigger fan as the rest of us. It's in his blood having crept under his skin. I'd welcome him on to the terraces with us as a fan no problem.

Typical Latics fan then..... ha ha

haha you got me although having seen the last 16 years in this league I think it's been hammered into me to be cautious when Latics are concerned and not get my hopes up :/

haha you got me although having seen the last 16 years in this league I think it's been hammered into me to be cautious when Latics are concerned and not get my hopes up :/

No mither brother. You're in the 95% group of Latics fans with that one.

Lukers, You want to try marking these exams I'm tackling at the moment.

16 year olds have an uncanny ability to do just that....

-

Keep the marking going Prozac, your right arm will be bigger than your left, (or the other way round).....

Corney deserves to stay on... as long as the new owner wants him of course.

Love or hate him there's no doubting he's done a sterling job over the years cutting then controlling costs delivering us sustainability as a football club.

You think Corney is responsible for the last couple of years being profitable?

I really don't get your apparent severe dislike for anything corney? He's made some bad mistakes, really bad at times. He's also very

reactionary, sometimes to the detriment of the club. He aint perfect. However far worse has happened to the club than corney. Has he done anything in his tenure that you like, agree with? ( apart from potentially selling it)

I really don't get your apparent severe dislike for anything corney? He's made some bad mistakes, really bad at times. He's also very

reactionary, sometimes to the detriment of the club. He aint perfect. However far worse has happened to the club than corney. Has he done anything in his tenure that you like, agree with? ( apart from potentially selling it)

I commended him on the Golden Ticket promotion...

Corney deserves to stay on... as long as the new owner wants him of course.

Love or hate him there's no doubting he's done a sterling job over the years cutting then controlling costs delivering us sustainability as a football club.

Corney's self-confessed errors have never amounted to anything like this by the Reds in Trafford Borough:

http://www.irishtime...-2015-1.1434041

Our stock is at a 10-year high on the back of the FA Cup run, and the construction of a new Broadway stand is another huge plus for a club that has limped along on ever-decreasing budgets for too long now. Unless LJ can pull an unexpected promotion out of the bag like his dad, we're not going to find ourselves in a more saleable position for a long time.

Potential purchasers like Marwan Koukash come around even less often, so let us all hope that expectations of the club's value are realistic.

Get In the Ring by Guns And The Roses springs to my mind with some of the more personal attacks.

He's made some bad mistakes - really bad at times - very reactionary - sometimes to the detriment of the club

However far worse has happened to the club than corney.

In football, I like how chairmen are rated on levels of :censored:eness. It's a big pantomime, or a farce. One of the two. Maybe both. Theatrical anyway...

I'm not sure anyone has actually suggested a Koukash take over would be bad for the club. But there's no harm in asking a few pertinent questions rather than blindly following the new pied piper over the precipice.

I firmly believe Simon Corney has always had the best interests of the club at heart. He has always meant well. However he - and the other two for that matter - have made mistakes along the way and I think if this takeover happens it should be time to start afresh. Thank Simon for his dedication, particularly on his own over the past couple of seasons, wish him the very best, and let him go back to his day job and his family (which I though were in London, but no matter).

The first appointment Koukash should make if he does buy the club is a Managing Director with a solid history in the football business. Barry Chaytow is not a popular name among some, but we could do worse than bring him in as either MD or CE.