Marwan Koukash

I'm sure the fact that the Ground and the Club are two different entities would slow things down considerably. Let the NYC connection have their housing land, sell the truncated car park back to MK/Latics and jobs a good un. Believe!

Oh Marwan

Oh oh oh

Oh Marwan

Oh oh oh

He came from Palestine

to make the Latics Shine

etc

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd imagine buying a football club is somewhat different to most people's everyday purchases. So discussions between MK and SC were held a few weeks ago. That Fir me doesn't mean it's no longer going to happen. I'd imagine before committing to any purchase of this magnitude you might wanna have a good think about it considering it's likely to cost you millions in the long run. There is every possibility he's taken the time since the meeting to do his homework and to see if buying OAFC is a viable purchase and if he's likely to see a return on his investment. Just my thoughts as I'm not really in the position to buy football clubs.

I agree, but Marwan was saying on Monday (4 or 5 weeks after the meeting) that he intended to buy this particular football club, and hoped the deal would be completed in a month or two.

It was and the seats were installed in the summer of 1991. Funnily enough the Paddock remained standing until later. We could have complied had we stayed in the Premiership and converted the Chaddy in the summer of 1994 - as it was we went down and didn't have to comply then.

IIRC the top two divisions had to comply by 1994, therefore we still had to comply.

I'm confused with all this, at the moment is the deal dead or could it still come good?

Choose who you wish to believe.

Some faceless internet entity whose agenda would appear to benefit from doom and gloom.

Or the local press.

Or maybe just accept that if discussions are continuing they will do so behind closed doors until those involved wish to make them public.

• 2 months later...

i think it will go tits up at Salford also, but mainly because the fan base/room for improvemen isn't there - Salford have never and will never be a big super league team, their ground is miles away from where it should be so for me that's a failure waiting to happen! us on the other hand would work i believe

Didn't Corney admit when this looked dead an buried last time that he wanted to shift us to Salford?

I'd still be really sceptical if he becomes involved, can't believe he would change his previous plans!

tbh corney could of just been saying that so the fans didn't get on his back.

certainly splashing the cash at Salford, they signed 12 players the other day with some of them being big names

Rich man keen to invest in football club that's been in decline for twenty years.

Fans unhappy.

Exactly.

I am sick of being in this bloody league, watching anything between utter :censored:e and distinctively average football, against the same boring teams year upon year. Yes, this season is showing some promise, but if we're all honest with ourselves, anything between 7th and 12th will be classed as a very good season for us.

It's always a risk to put your eggs in one basket, and in this case should MK purchase OAFC, it would also be a risk. However, it's a risk I'm more than willing to get on board with. We've not had any success in years and :censored: all to really celebrate aside from the odd relegation scrap.

It's time to think ":censored: it" and enjoy what could potentially be a great ride.

P.S - If he does take us over, he better keep LJ at the helm.

Rich man keen to invest in football club that's been in decline for twenty years.

Fans unhappy.

Dear 04U,

I am a rich Nigerian Emporer who has recently found £100,000,000 but I need an account for it to go into.

Can I pay into your bank account and you get to keep 10%.

Your sincerley

Mr Con-Artiste

So is there evidence that he's dodgy?

I was expecting you to hand out your bank details, happy that a rich man has come to invest? ;)

Not saying he's dodgy, but I think people are right to be wary. I'm not saying we should be unhappy about it, but at least we should want to know more about what is intended, before we crown him King.

I still think it's more to do about getting in the media myself, or at least it could be a way off before he gets involved in football.

I think that due to the :censored:e we were in when the 3 amigo's came along we greeted them with open arms as saviours without really knowing anything about them, whereas with MK at least we know his ambition and business nowse. Who's to say back then that it wouldn't go tits up?

It's taken a decade to get us to a point where we are financially stable and are showing signs of improvement (albeit slowly), personally I think it's the right time to build on SC's hard work and move us on to that next level (which SC can't afford)

I trust SC's judgement and if he thinks MK is dodgy he'll definately tell him where to go, as has been stated he loves this club and has dedicated 10 years of his life to it so why would he not give a :censored:.

Being realistic, whilst there would be a significant rise in attendances we would still be limited with the 60% of turnover wage bill cap, therefore unlike SSR we wouldn't immediately sign top notch players, it would still be a matter of probably a 5 year plan (not unlike Wigan).

Personally I think it will happen, the question is when, I also think that if a deal is to be struck it will most definately be on SC's terms. KTF

i think it will go tits up at Salford also, but mainly because the fan base/room for improvemen isn't there - Salford have never and will never be a big super league team, their ground is miles away from where it should be so for me that's a failure waiting to happen!

Are you describing us there...?

us on the other hand would work i believe

Oh.

:petesake: