Marwan Koukash

I really dont understand peoples negativity to his idea of a new stadium.

We all believe that SC looked at all the option, how about they went for the cheapest option and it failed and then they didnt want to go again....?

What about the council not wanting to bend over backwards for SC but they might for someone new?

Does anyone know the actual size required???

The site that Breeze hill school is on is 12.6H....How many hectors is BP

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all believe that SC looked at all the option, how about they went for the cheapest option and it failed and then they didnt want to go again....?

What about the council not wanting to bend over backwards for SC but they might for someone new?

I seem to remember hearing BP was 32 acres (could be wrong tho), which equates to 12.949 hectares

I understand Clayton's is land that has been donated to the people of oldham, but wasn't there a similar issue with the failsworth land which was overturned?

The difference is Clayton Playing Fields are protected from development by Town Green status.

Edited by Diego_Sideburns

I'd say that most people's biggest issue is his rebranding of Salford and his involvement in so many sporting pursuits. Salford's name change, and the rumours of him moving us to Salford really put a lot of people off Koukash for good. Now the new stand is visibly beginning people feel less need for us to get a new stadium and ownership. I'd say it's the same with Johnson, it's early days but a lot of people appear to be very optimistic so there's less demand for reform of the club. Put that alongside the idea of a new stadium which most predict will be depressing like some new-builds in football at the moment there's a lot of caution towards him.

The Lancaster club side was only 8h so is breeze hill site a realistic possibility??

I seem to remember hearing BP was 32 acres (could be wrong tho), which equates to 12.949 hectares

I thought BP was about 22 acres, and that's before they started selling bits off!!

1 hectare = 2.47 acres.

I'd say that most people's biggest issue is his rebranding of Salford and his involvement in so many sporting pursuits. Salford's name change, and the rumours of him moving us to Salford really put a lot of people off Koukash for good. Now the new stand is visibly beginning people feel less need for us to get a new stadium and ownership. I'd say it's the same with Johnson, it's early days but a lot of people appear to be very optimistic so there's less demand for reform of the club. Put that alongside the idea of a new stadium which most predict will be depressing like some new-builds in football at the moment there's a lot of caution towards him.

How can you say less interested in new ownership when the existing owner wants out! I would rather have someone with a bit of ambition rather than a chairman who wants to :censored: off

How about breeze hill school gets turned into a replacement for Clayton playing fields and we build a new stadium there.

The nimbys around Clayton would never have it, and there will be more of them now in the new houses. If the previous plan to build there had gone through there would have been better pitches and changing rooms (those have only just been built 13 years later). Clayton is the obvious place, but it will never happen. Any other site which is large enough and available, the council will want to put houses on.

Even if, come Friday MK thinks that he has got something sorted out, Corney is well aware that there is a long long twisty possibly dead end road between getting the nod from the council, making plans, getting planning permission and actually building a new stadium.

I trust Corney, and I don't think he will sell until there is cast iron proof that a new stadium can be built and that's not going to happen on Friday.

Edited by laticsrblue

How big is the old counthill site? It would be nice having a ground on my old school

If this bloke honestly wants to buy us then stop messing around.

Everyone knows that the BP site isn't big enough for his plans so go and buy an alternative site to start building a new stadium whilst securing ownership of just the club and not the land.

We then play at BP for a season or two paying rent to Corney, Gazal, Blitz. (CGB). Club then relocates and CGB can do whatever they want with BP land; houses, supermarket...whatever.

Land prices are on the increase so surely now is the right time for MK to buy alternate land and for CGB to sit tight and sell once the land price appreciates or they break even. Even construction costs are close to rock bottom and construction companies are falling over themselves tendering at stupid figures to get the work.

Not wishing to simplify matters, this Koukash likes the sound of his own voice and any media activity helps push his Salford egg chasers plus horse stock. Sporting empire hmmmmmm... Put up or shut up!

How big is the old counthill site? It would be nice having a ground on my old school

The Breeze Hill site was by far the biggest, if you go on the link that someone posted it lists all the development sites,

Breeze Hill is the biggest apart from Foxdenton Park which is huge!