Marwan Koukash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It must be difficult to find a date mutually convenient to the parties involved, without postponing a match.....er.. hang on...

He will have been in Australia watching his racehorse come 3rd in the Melbourne Cup.

He will have been in Australia watching his racehorse come 3rd in the Melbourne Cup.

He was. There was a big spread on him and the Sheik having a war of words. He did come out with a classic when asked about stats of the gate his horse was drawn in..."I dont care about statistics. The reason no horse has won from gate 18 is that they were all :censored:". Cracked me up!

Just seen him giving an interview on Sky Sports News about next Friday being a crucial day in his bid to buy us and the Roughyeds.

He was taking about needing assurances that he can build a new stadium before making a bid to Corney.

Saw it at 11.50ish if anyone wants to have a look when it's next on the loop.

"Marwan Koukash has told us that a deal to buy Oldham is a long way off, he's revealed he'll only consider a takeover if he gets permission to build a new stadium".

There's a meeting this Friday.

Koukash's words: "The football club and the rugby club in Oldham would benefit from a shared, modern stadium that you could develop the land around to generate extra commercial income to sustain their positions in their divisions and create a platform to compete for a higher league"

"Without the opportunity for me to develop a new stadium I wouldn't be interested, so I need to cross that hurdle next week before I go back to the Oldham owners with a solid proposal, so we're still a long way off"

Then stuff about making Roughyeds a feeder club for Salford and confirming that dual-ownership in Rugby League is something he's researched and convinced is allowed.

Corney wants to sell the club but not the ground or land. No one's going to buy a club without any assets and quite frankly, I don't like the idea of us paying rent with our crowds. It'd be suicidal. It doesn't help that Koukash has his fingers in more pies than a leper on a cookery course. We'd have been up :censored: creek in no time.

If he wants to buy the club and THEN some new land to build a new ground on, then good luck to him. :blink:

Edited by SholverBlue