Marwan Koukash

I think you need to check your stats. City finished 16th in the Premier League in 2004 and averaged an incredible 47,000 in a 47,000 capacity stadium. City have averaged between 45 and 47,000 since they moved to the Etihad, in 2003. Nothing to do with their recent rise. City have got the best fans in the world when it comes to loyalty. City were getting crowds of 33,000 when they were in this league for a single season in the 1998/99 season. As for United - prior to 1993, crowds at Old Trafford were usually less than 30,000. In the 1986/87 season, United's crowds for some matches were less than 20,000. I certainly remember them getting 17,000 for some matches.

Charlton at home, Pallisters debut was about 16000

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we had to wait another couple of years for planning permission it would still be worth the wait.

This new north stand is too little to late and will not create the level of income required to move the club forward.

We have not raised the capital for the stand or any interested parties even if it gets built. Basically we would be putting the club in even more debt and the other stands would never be redeveloped.

Anybody, including Corney, who thinks we can become self sufficient staying at BP is deluded.

A new stadium for Oldham Ath and Roughyeds would give the town a massive lift and I believe it's the only way to secure our long term future.

The trip to Rotherham last week completely changed my mind.... Forget the new stand, the idea is a non starter!!!

I think you've shown your true colours. The fact is mr. Sky blue that :censored:ty are not the club you claim. :censored:ty fans always did like to big themselves up because they couldn't face the truth about how bad they were for over two decades.

Anyway, the point is that thanks to Arab subsidies and the superficial nature of people in a big is great culture then clubs like ours suffer. I still say Wigan suggests we could still do well.

If we had to wait another couple of years for planning permission it would still be worth the wait.

This new north stand is too little to late and will not create the level of income required to move the club forward.

We have not raised the capital for the stand or any interested parties even if it gets built. Basically we would be putting the club in even more debt and the other stands would never be redeveloped.

Anybody, including Corney, who thinks we can become self sufficient staying at BP is deluded.

A new stadium for Oldham Ath and Roughyeds would give the town a massive lift and I believe it's the only way to secure our long term future.

The trip to Rotherham last week completely changed my mind.... Forget the new stand, the idea is a non starter!!!

I agree. If we really want to go forward as a club we've got to leave BP. It kills me to say that because I love BP, but we've got to build something that can cater for the clubs' needs for the next 50/60 years. Edited by ChaddyEndRegular

Well it looks like his location options are getting slimmer.

On the rarely wrong today

Date published: 27 September 2013

DEVELOPERS are now moving forward with plans for the Hollinwood area that includes the demolition of the gas holder. Reporter Robbie MacDonald gets the latest.

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/8/news-headlines/82575/1500-jobs-potential-with-regeneration-project

The trip to Rotherham last week completely changed my mind.... Forget the new stand, the idea is a non starter

No-one else has mentioned it, so I may be in a minority of 1, but I thought Rotherham's stadium was dangerous. The stands were very steep and the top of the seats in the row below were just high enough to trip over if someone was not paying attention. They would not only hurt themselves, but the people below them as well. I'm very surprised it's got past health and safety. Mind you the view is very good.

The capacity is also an issue if they wish to become a Championship side. How many Sheff Utd. fans were unable to get a ticket leading to lost revenue. There are far more teams in the Championship which will want to take more fans than tickets allocated.

Guest Scratch2000uk

No-one else has mentioned it, so I may be in a minority of 1, but I thought Rotherham's stadium was dangerous. The stands were very steep and the top of the seats in the row below were just high enough to trip over if someone was not paying attention. They would not only hurt themselves, but the people below them as well. I'm very surprised it's got past health and safety. Mind you the view is very good.

The capacity is also an issue if they wish to become a Championship side. How many Sheff Utd. fans were unable to get a ticket leading to lost revenue. There are far more teams in the Championship which will want to take more fans than tickets allocated.

You ever been to the M.E.N arena at the back?? Jeez, that is scary!!

i vouch for this as i was the one 'unlucky one' who tripped over the steep step that wasnt expected near the bottom.. all 6ft 2' of me and although i pulled it off quite well, an not many noticed - had it been an older person could of caused harm/injury!

The 1980's were a traditionally poor decade for attendances. Everyone was skint and the country was on it's backside.

True that. I had a few old Rothman's football yearbooks (Remember them?) from the early-mid 80's. Recall Wolves getting crowds of about 2,500, Middlesborough with a low of about 4,000 and Sunderland/Newcastle down to pitiful attendances (given their tradition, size etc.) too.

Yeah, it's easy to hate the likes of United, but even in those dire times they had a pretty consistantly healthy support base.

As for Citeh. Their crowds really started to pick up during the 90's. I think the Oasis lad culture thing sort of helped that in a weird way. Lots of lapsed fans in their 30's finding it 'cool' to go to the football again and of course when they dropped into the Third Division I'm sure they had a ST incentive led by their Chief Exec at the time Chris Bird. To be fair, he was largely responsible for the blueprint of success they've had facilitating the move to Eastlands etc.

If only we had a Chris Bird equivalent. The last when had anyone close was Sean Jarvis.

True that. I had a few old Rothman's football yearbooks (Remember them?) from the early-mid 80's. Recall Wolves getting crowds of about 2,500, Middlesborough with a low of about 4,000 and Sunderland/Newcastle down to pitiful attendances (given their tradition, size etc.) too.

Wolves and Middlesboro were lurking in and around Division 4 - I remember watching them visit Rochdale at that time, Middlesboro were proper nawty. I recall a copper beating Boro fans back with is hat as they scaled the away end fence (to charge at us presumably), after missing a penalty in an otherwise boring Freight Rover group game on a Tuesday night.

I think the Policeman was carried away for treatment.

I was watching the Eagles and enjoying Hotel California when some man fell down the stairs and right on to me.

I do like The Eagles, but having seen them more than once I discovered the banter between tracks is the same, word for word, as it was when the were touring in 1996.

What was the outcome of the derker idea? I remember it being mooted when the failsworth thing was being bounced around.

Big enough site, farmers could be bribed to sell a bit if required. There will never be a golf course there in the memory of man. It's on a main road. Has a metrolink stop. The area could do with regenerating. It's nowhere near man :censored:ty. It's an OL1 postcode for the purists. If done correctly roads come go directly from the 'site' to ripponden road at moorside as well as onto Higginshaw lane.

It sounds perfect? Almost too perfect?

Whether it's MK or another. We need new owner's just for that little push on the playing side. It's nearly there. The club itself is falling behind. Come on TTA, do what you said, do what's best for the club not for your pockets. That way you'll be forever thought of fondly.

Whether it's MK or another. We need new owner's just for that little push on the playing side. It's nearly there. The club itself is falling behind. Come on TTA, do what you said, do what's best for the club not for your pockets. That way you'll be forever thought of fondly.

you gotta be kidding,right.

you think TTA care about anything other than their pockets?????what do you think corney is still here for exactly?

you have a bloke who wants to invest and it aint gona happen,whys that? who do you think is blocking a deal?who wants to much money for the club?santa claus?

you think TTA care about anything other than their pockets?????what do you think corney is still here for exactly?

you have a bloke who wants to invest and it aint gona happen,whys that? who do you think is blocking a deal?who wants to much money for the club?santa claus?

You really have a low opinion of SC don't you. I don't think for one minute that there is a conspiracy going on. Blitz and Gazal could have puled the plug on us at any time but haven't. SC could have walked away at any time after the kind of criticism he gets from people like you when he spends hours on end trying to keep us afloat on the pathetic crowds we get.

You really have a low opinion of SC don't you. I don't think for one minute that there is a conspiracy going on. Blitz and Gazal could have puled the plug on us at any time but haven't. SC could have walked away at any time after the kind of criticism he gets from people like you when he spends hours on end trying to keep us afloat on the pathetic crowds we get.

This

If they did not give a toss, SC would have walked away years ago.

Koukash, on the other hand, gives me the impression could chuck his toys out of the pram and walk away leaving us in deep stuff.

Not saying I am against him, far from it, but if you make that judgement on SC, then you have to e equally as critical on Koucash.

You haven't, you've simply gone weak at the knees at the sight of a bit of cash and fawned over Koukash like some dolly bird.