Marwan Koukash

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal opinion is that the council let him use Clayton Playing fields to the club to use and with some school sites that are available for development to create a sports complex to replace Clayton, could include, football pitches, rugby pitches, sports centre, astro etc

Then OAFC would get a huge site with excellent transport links

WIN WIN WIN

Council looks good giving the community something which MK would pay for as part of his land aquasition of clayton (money going to build the replacement for clayton), Corney and chums could keep some of the existing site to build their houses and get some cash back and Koukash gets to build his new stadium

everyones a winner!

My personal opinion is that the council let him use Clayton Playing fields to the club to use and with some school sites that are available for development to create a sports complex to replace Clayton, could include, football pitches, rugby pitches, sports centre, astro etc

WIN WIN WIN

Council looks good giving the community something which MK would pay for as part of his land aquasition of clayton (money going to build the replacement for clayton), Corney and chums could keep some of the existing site to build their houses and get some cash back and Koukash gets to build his new stadium

everyones a winner!

Doing anything with Clayton Playing Fields will take a decade to get through any planning process. Before being rejected.

IIRC the land was gifted to the council under trust and, as Diego says, has "town green" status.

WIN WIN WIN

everyones a winner!

See here how the Clayton Playing Fields 'Town Green' is protected and why the council cannot allow that protection to be violated.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/218581/tvgprotect-faq.pdf

Even if, come Friday MK thinks that he has got something sorted out. Corney is well aware that there is a long long twisty possibly dead end road between getting the nod from the council, making plans, getting planning permission and actually building a new stadium.

I trust Corney, and I don't think he will sell until there is cast iron proof that a new stadium can be built and that's not going to happen on Friday.

Spot on LRB

I'd get on the blower to Dogdale and discuss the possibilty of building a shared stadium on the Kingsway site.

It's probably what? a mile and a half from the Oldham border, and lets be honest if we were sharing it would have to be in Oldham OR Doggers.

There is plenty of space, loads of access, right of the motorway, get both councils involved etc etc, as that knob bacon says, no brainer!!!

I don't pay much attention but, have Rochdale ever expressed a desire or need for a new ground?

I'd have thought they're perfectly happy with Spotland.

True, i'm not that well up on it tbh, I would have thought they'd be interested though, given the commercial benefits it would bring to them, although Koukash probably wouldn't be too keen on sharing the profits I suppose. Sure it'd be worth duiscussing seen as Corney suggested as much alast year, stating if the Milan clubs can do it then why can't Oldham and Rochdale?

Plus I think there's an FA rule thst states you can't move a team outside of the borough

Some teams aren't located in boroughs . Many teams play in boroughs that don't carry their name so whilst there may be rules about moving grounds I think it's a bit more complex than that.

So we're stuck in a creaking old stadium with :censored: facilities and a board/chairman/whatever who don't invest in the playing squad, great.

With a brand new stand about to go up, a forward thinking manager who may be given a long term contract, players finally being given 2 year contracts, things haven't looked as good as this in a long time.

With a brand new stand about to go up, a forward thinking manager who may be given a long term contract, players finally being given 2 year contracts, things haven't looked as good as this in a long time.

Indeed, we are a whole point outside the relegation zone.