Marwan Koukash

It appears the question now is: would you presumably sacrifice having a soulless bowl stadium for financial backing?

I fear I may get slung in with the rest of the miserable cynic bastard elite here but I wouldn't.... Should we be allowed to have safe standing in a designated area, my opinion could swing. I will concede though my interests aren't the best for the club.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he could get a proposal agreed with the council on a site for a new stadium then I would be totally in favour of it......whilst this new stand we are threatening to construct would be a step in the right direction we would still be a long way off being self sufficient.

I think a brand new purpose built facility for both clubs offers the best chance of securing professional sport in the town, however if a search for a site for a new stadium is successful then some serious questions will need to be answered by Corney and Oldham Council!

Edited by oafc1955

Koukash's words: "The football club and the rugby club in Oldham would benefit from a shared, modern stadium that you could develop the land around to generate extra commercial income to sustain their positions in their divisions and create a platform to compete for a higher league"

How about calling it 'Sports Park 2000 plus'?

I'm not architect but if Koukash's offer is to come and build a stadium like Colchester, Shrewsbury or Salford have then I don't want him. We will have to play in this stadium for 50+ years and I don't want it to be :censored: like that. If he is prepared to build a stadium like Rotherham have just made then I'd welcome it.

In football now there is very little identity left within the game whilst players move teams every year and clubs become globalised so a stadium is very important to have an identity, that's why I think it needs a bit of thought...

Just when I thought Oldham fans couldnt get anymore stupid!

BEGGERS CANNOT BE PICKY!!!

How can you say you dont want a new stadium if it will be like Salfords or Colchesters......have you seen what we play in every week!!! If Corney builds the new stand which I believe he wont then the George Hill will be pulled down as thats in just a bad a state as the Lookers was.

People talk about Identity, we have a 3 sided ground when was that in our Identity, we have a chairman who spends more time in Amercia as he is trying to save his marriage and is desperate to sell the club...is that in our Identity.

Im 30 years old and the only Identity OAFC has is to play attractive football, remains a family club developing home grown players. If that can be in a prupose built stadium which increase revenue so we can sign better kids for the youth team, bring in good experience spine to the side and compete then :censored:ing great!!!

We have a chairman that wants out and if MK wants to come in and spend £20m/30m on our club (new stadium, purchase of club and land) to make sure its here in 50 years and competing then surely he is more than welcome.......

I really can not believe what I am reading, we have been up for sale for 5 or 6 years without any real bidders, We have someone who wants to buy us and invest in a new stadium over a chairman who wants to :censored: off and people are saying NO!!!

If a new stadium is a soulless bowl what do we have now?????

DOOM AND GLOOM DECENDS ON A POSITIVE YET AGAIN.....

Just when I thought Oldham fans couldnt get anymore stupid!

BEGGERS CANNOT BE PICKY!!!

How can you say you dont want a new stadium if it will be like Salfords or Colchesters......have you seen what we play in every week!!! If Corney builds the new stand which I believe he wont then the George Hill will be pulled down as thats in just a bad a state as the Lookers was.

People talk about Identity, we have a 3 sided ground when was that in our Identity, we have a chairman who spends more time in Amercia as he is trying to save his marriage and is desperate to sell the club...is that in our Identity.

Im 30 years old and the only Identity OAFC has is to play attractive football, remains a family club developing home grown players. If that can be in a prupose built stadium which increase revenue so we can sign better kids for the youth team, bring in good experience spine to the side and compete then :censored:ing great!!!

We have a chairman that wants out and if MK wants to come in and spend £20m/30m on our club (new stadium, purchase of club and land) to make sure its here in 50 years and competing then surely he is more than welcome.......

He's welcome, but I'd take BP with a new stand over a Colchester type stadium every day. I just could not imagine having the drag myself there to watch the football every week. Maybe if in 10 years time we were competing in the Championship with a horrible bowl ground then maybe I'd say it was petty to say, but I don't see us being guaranteed this from Koukash who has :censored: loads of fingers in :censored: loads of pies.

Clearly I'm the only person that likes BP here. Having been to those types of stadiums in the past I can firmly say that I prefer ours, that would be with a 4th stand of course. Also, we are away fans favourite ground to visit in this league (yeah cause they always beat us hahahaha) because many say that its refreshing to visit a ground that actually has a bit of character still.

How's it all doom and gloom? I want a takeover and the club to be successful, I just don't want to spend the next 50 years visiting a ground that feels like 72 other clubs and 20 rugby clubs have...

Edited by Mullet

if it's in failsworth then it would kill the club and no doubt he would rename us manchester athletic owls

he may even come in and after 18 months rebrand us playing in red and known as oldham blue owls

Foxdenton lane is the only realistic viable option, or the gasworks at hollinwood - there IS nowhere else!

I just get the feeling that if he buys us etc we will end up a long-term Cardiff/Hull when he thinks global and goes all out with re-branding and changing kit colours, he just strikes me as that sort of bloke

If this is to be the case then he can jog on

Boundary Park looked and sounded just fantastic on the telly v. Liverpool and Everton.

The new stand, which is already started, will look just fantastic - and very much in scale with the rest of the ground.

I also think Latics fans believe in Father Christmas when it comes to Koukash and his SUPPOSED takeover bid.

If you know anything about Moukash, he does what he says.

Why cant he build a new stadium on BP???

Because he's already said that the BP site is nowhere near big enough for his plans. He would also have to buy the land which Corney and Co have over-valued.

if it's in failsworth then it would kill the club and no doubt he would rename us manchester athletic owls

he may even come in and after 18 months rebrand us playing in red and known as oldham blue owls

Foxdenton lane is the only realistic viable option, or the gasworks at hollinwood - there IS nowhere else!

I just get the feeling that if he buys us etc we will end up a long-term Cardiff/Hull when he thinks global and goes all out with re-branding and changing kit colours, he just strikes me as that sort of bloke

If this is to be the case then he can jog on

209_zps726db95f.gif

Because he's already said that the BP site is nowhere near big enough for his plans. He would also have to buy the land which Corney and Co have over-valued.

would be surprised if the car park, stadium and mini wembley wasnt a big enough site. Not to bothered with the car parking, many clubs dont have a huge car park like us

If it's in Failsworth then it would kill the club and no doubt he would rename us Manchester Athletic Owls.

Foxdenton is the only realistic viable option, or the gasworks at Hollinwood - there IS nowhere else!

I just get the feeling that if he buys us etc we will end up a long-term Cardiff/Hull when he thinks global and goes all out with re-branding and changing kit colours, he just strikes me as that sort of bloke.

Haven't we been here before? Didn't Latics and Oldham Council have a detailed look at various sites in the borough, which resulted (at the time) in Failsworth being the only option available?

http://www.oldham.gov.uk/info/200694/the_opportunities shows the development opportunities in the borough.

Haven't we been here before? Didn't Latics and Oldham Council have a detailed look at various sites in the borough, which resulted (at the time) in Failsworth being the only option available?

http://www.oldham.gov.uk/info/200694/the_opportunities shows the development opportunities in the borough.

I have no knowledge of planning applications and how they work. Is there anything that could stop us revisititing the sports park 2000 idea (albeit, a scaled down version)?

If MK promises to create pitches on the BP site, could this sway the council?

Edited by RoytonLatics

I have no knowledge of planning applications and how they work. Is there anything that could stop us revisititing the sports park 2000 idea (albeit, a scaled down version)?

we can't build on Clayton playing fields.

If this were to happen then how would Corney & Co get their money back?