The Slipped Through Our Fingers XI

Jumping the gun on Mvoto maybe, but can anyone help me with this team of players who we let go for free because we either dont offer a sensible contract, or dont offer a contract at sensible time, or both!

GK Cisak

RB Lee

CB Mvoto

CB

LB Lomax

RW Morais

CM Stephens

CM Wellens

LW Taylor

CF Porter

CF OOH Chris O'Grady

Shaping up to be a good Championship level team that.

1.) Dale paid us for COG, more than we paid Rotherham for him too IIRC. We also got money when Dale sold him to Wednesday.

2.) Stephens we got money for too, somewhere around £300k IIRC and if Charlton sell him we get more as well.

3.) We offered a lot of them a new contract, someone else could offer them more.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasnt it John Arne Riise or Sammi Hyppia or someone like that we had on trial in about '97/'98?

Hyppia Autumn of '95. Sharp wanted him, Stott binned the deal behind his back....next thing he's signed for Willem II

Neil Redfearn. Approaching 20 goals in the 2nd tier, as soon as we were promoted and Milligan had come back from Everton, frozen out and sold to Barnsley for a pittance. Few years later, Redders banging em in the Prem for Barnsley, we're languishing at the bottom of Tier 2.

Sorry, I was a bit tired yesterday. They can only qualify for this team if they played for Oldham Athletic (2004) Ltd. If they were sold for a nominal fee in the last few months of their contract then that counts, because they were offskis partly because SC let them run it down. SO, Furman would qualify, but Stephens is a better player IMO. And yes of course Tieney thats who I meant!!!!

GK Cisak

RB Lee

CB Mvoto

CB

LB Tierney

RW Morris

CM Stephens

CM Wellens

LW Taylor

CF OOH Chris O'Grady

CF Porter