The Rotherham vs Oldham match reaction thread

Mellor's too lightweight, surprised he started tbh. He should be loaned out.

he was loaned out last season, did well and established himself in CM.

unlucky to pick up early injury.

yes he has cost us today, but he will be a big player for us this season and is certainly not lightweight.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What? Jesus H Christ. Everyone was crying out for him after Preston. He gets sent off and suddenly he's lightweight?

Is this the game where the honeymoon period officially ends?

I'm pretty sure PIL wasn't one of the posters on here crying out for him to start.

Results WILL come : hope LJ sticks to his footballing principles...

Sounds like we came into the game but rooney for one HAS to be dropped,now.

Sounds like? So you weren't there but are demanding a player is dropped? The top scorer too.

From what I've seen, heard and read we're not far off being a good side. At least we're looking like we can win games. It's just going to take time to gel.

Sounds like? So you weren't there but are demanding a player is dropped? The top scorer too.

From what I've seen, heard and read we're not far off being a good side. At least we're looking like we can win games. It's just going to take time to gel.

TBH I saw enough of rooney against wallsall and preston to conclude hes a carthorse.

I have watched him run,and believe me im using the term 'run'very broadly.

On the way home. Feeling robbed. We were poor in the first half and then the ref gave a penalty for Lanzoni heading the ball out. I didn't see what Mellor was sent off for but he was poor before hand. Second half we came out and bossed the game and took the 2-1 lead. But then defending let us down. We deserved a point today and with 11 men could have easily won. A few dives from Montano which were wasteful when he had options.

TBH I saw enough of rooney against wallsall and preston to conclude hes a carthorse.

It's his goals I'm bothered about, not his running. 3 in 9 over a season is 15+ goals. Worth keeping him in for me seeing as he's had a few different partners already. This team needs time.

It's his goals I'm bothered about, not his running. 3 in 9 over a season is 15+ goals. Worth keeping him in for me seeing as he's had a few different partners already. This team needs time.

Rooney looks slow and ponderous, a big disappointment for me.

The right partner for Korey Smith also needs sorting out.

Edited by BP1960

According to Matt Chambers, LJ's not happy with Mellor and he'll be getting fined. Obviously I haven't seen the red card incident so I can't comment on it, but I do find it reassuring that he isn't moaning about referees and luck after games, however much he's entitled to at the moment. As much as I liked Dickov, my heart used to sink when he'd say "we're just not getting the rub of the green/decisions at the moment, if we keep doing the right things the results'll come". It doesn't matter how well you're playing, if you're not getting the results something's not working and a good manager tries to work out what that is rather than blaming luck. Hopefully it'll fall into place soon.

Apparently Tranmere are whining about Brentford's late winner not being a penalty. Karma's a bitch. Silver linings and that. Still above them and Sheffield Utd. KTF.

14 games ... Inc pre season ... 1 clean sheet !!! Says it all . This is your team LJ, not Dickovs. You Talk about having savvy but you have bought kids . Savvy comes with experience , experience comes with age , you need an experienced centre half and centre mid in the spine of your team . Still believe but patience wearing thin

:censored: me everyone was creaming themselves when we signed him... Give him decent service he will score as shown against Port Vale... Thought Connor Brown was this years Richard Butcher??? (Oh yeah he's injured)

Mellor deserved to go,alright the lad clattered him from behind and he didn't get a free kick, but you dont lash out. The penalty was an absolute joke, Lanzoni clearly headed it, the ref was :censored: all afternoon. I dont like saying this but Steve Evans is a big fat obnoxious :censored:, what was that 3rd goal celebration all about.

With 11 men we were awful. Couldn't string passes together and Rotherham made some good chances. With 10 men we improved massively but yet again couldn't scrape a point.

Then the penalty; a disgraceful decision. The winger crossed the ball in and Lanzoni was a matter of yards away from him, looked like he actually tried to tuck his arms in to avoid the handball and it just whacked him. Never a penalty.

Then Mellor's idiocy. A kick out at their player and a show of real inexperience. Although, from that stage onwards we managed to play with fluency, caused them problems from the wings and counter-attacked well. A lovely finish from Montano after a brilliant Oxley save and Lanzoni's tap-in (and euphoric celebration!) showed we have a lot of character in the team.

But then the demise came as we got tired and Rotherham filled the box. The referee's decision against JCH that gave Rotherham the free-kick that led to their 3rd goal was baffling. JCH just stood there without jumping for the lobbed ball and somehow committed a foul (for which LJ bollocked him for after the goal was scored). That said, we were still a threat with JCH strong upfront and Rusnak and Schmeltz dangerous on the wings.

Kusunga deserves a mention on his debut, looks to me like a M'Voto style sweeper but with comfort on the ball. I can't wait for him to partner Tarky in defence. We should be very solid and will make even more composed in possession. Another good performance from Mills, and Oxley made some smart saves as well.

Unfortunately the referee was diabolical, but what really cost us was the Mellor sending off. Left us disadvantaged for a long time. A final note for the policing of the game - shameful.

:censored: me everyone was creaming themselves when we signed him... Give him decent service he will score as shown against Port Vale... Thought Connor Brown was this years Richard Butcher??? (Oh yeah he's injured)

Rooney has been a big let down IMO, far too slow and loses out on most challenges..

Connor Brown was doing fine until injured.

14 games ... Inc pre season ... 1 clean sheet !!! Says it all . This is your team LJ, not Dickovs. You Talk about having savvy but you have bought kids . Savvy comes with experience , experience comes with age , you need an experienced centre half and centre mid in the spine of your team . Still believe but patience wearing thin

Wearing thin? After 7 games or summat?

We've looked good in defeat, twice now considering the disadvantage we were at today, there are more positives to take out of this team's performances than there were under Dickov and Penney combined. If we're still only 3 points clear of relegation come April; I'll agree with ya,

Edited by PlayItLivo

Oh, wondered how long it would take. No mention of all the goals, or entertainment.

Go & build sandcastles in you back garden.

With 11 men we were awful. Couldn't string passes together and Rotherham made some good chances. With 10 men we improved massively but yet again couldn't scrape a point.

Then the penalty; a disgraceful decision. The winger crossed the ball in and Lanzoni was a matter of yards away from him, looked like he actually tried to tuck his arms in to avoid the handball and it just whacked him. Never a penalty.

Then Mellor's idiocy. A kick out at their player and a show of real inexperience. Although, from that stage onwards we managed to play with fluency, caused them problems from the wings and counter-attacked well. A lovely finish from Montano after a brilliant Oxley save and Lanzoni's tap-in (and euphoric celebration!) showed we have a lot of character in the team.

But then the demise came as we got tired and Rotherham filled the box. The referee's decision against JCH that gave Rotherham the free-kick that led to their 3rd goal was baffling. JCH just stood there without jumping for the lobbed ball and somehow committed a foul (for which LJ bollocked him for after the goal was scored). That said, we were still a threat with JCH strong upfront and Rusnak and Schmeltz dangerous on the wings.

Kusunga deserves a mention on his debut, looks to me like a M'Voto style sweeper but with comfort on the ball. I can't wait for him to partner Tarky in defence. We should be very solid and will make even more composed in possession. Another good performance from Mills, and Oxley made some smart saves as well.

Unfortunately the referee was diabolical, but what really cost us was the Mellor sending off. Left us disadvantaged for a long time. A final note for the policing of the game - shameful.