The Rotherham vs Oldham match reaction thread

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why was Mellor first team today???the ref was bent as :censored:,he made it

So obvious he was a :censored:,but nothing will happen to him,as if nowt happend,the fat lump of lard,as for the stewards,what a load of jobsworth;nice ground but :censored: attitudes from the plod and hooligan stewards!!!!

You come out with :censored: like that at least once a week.

You like a row through the keyboard, although I doubt you say boo to a goose in the flesh.

It's about opinions isn't it? Philliskirk has looked week for me and Rooney does little... We look like a great side, with little up top.

I don't live near any geese.

yeah, watching highlights, looked a certain penalty from that angle. he's close to the ball but if you stick your arm up...

I suppose it might have missed the arm & hit his head, but looks unlikely.

It did hit his head, the angle on the telly does look like a penalty but it missed his arm, it was more ball to head than head to ball at the speed the ball was hit.

Seen the FLS show this morning : looked a penalty to me...

I haven't seen it on the box yet, however there was a great shout for a penalty for us near the end and the ref was having none of it. Getting a bit worrying that these 50/50 decisions are only going against us, not for us.

Disagree, thought rooney did ok up top on his own, put a shift in and generally caused problems, his run off the ball gave montano the space needed for the first goal, and his header led to lanzoni's tap in, i just think latics fans are looking for a scapegoat as usual, i take it rooney is this years booboys victim?

Don't be oversensitive sweetpea.

Nobody is booing, but he is there as a very well paid striker and he should be burying some of the chances he is getting. He isn't and quite frankly doesn't look like doing. JCH did far more when he came on than Rooney looked like doing all the game!

14 games ... Inc pre season ... 1 clean sheet !!! Says it all . This is your team LJ, not Dickovs. You Talk about having savvy but you have bought kids . Savvy comes with experience , experience comes with age , you need an experienced centre half and centre mid in the spine of your team . Still believe but patience wearing thin

Wearing thin?! Are you for real! I'm sorry but we didn't win any of our first seven under shez when we went to the playoffs!

Did anybody else see LJ seemingly going ballistic at Clarke-Harris after the winner? Repeatedly invited pressure onto us by giving away stupid fouls which they launched into our box.

Although Rooney wasnt at his best, I hope LJ soon realises that at this moment in time, replacing him directly with JCH in the 'target role' isnt the way forward, especially in situations like yesterday where we're hanging on to a lead. Ive got big hopes for the lad, but Hes simply not mature enough to play that target man role, & I think its unfair asking him do to do it at this stage.

If he'd taken Philliskirk off, JCH could've been lethal on the break with more freedom & space to roam, but was mainly left to furrow alone. The last thing you want is a frustrated JCH. Its those little margins that are costing us points at the moment.

Did anybody else see LJ seemingly going ballistic at Clarke-Harris after the winner? Repeatedly invited pressure onto us by giving away stupid fouls which they launched into our box.

Although Rooney wasnt at his best, I hope LJ soon realises that at this moment in time, replacing him directly with JCH in the 'target role' isnt the way forward, especially in situations like yesterday where we're hanging on to a lead. Ive got big hopes for the lad, but Hes simply not mature enough to play that target man role, & I think its unfair asking him do to do it at this stage.

If he'd taken Philliskirk off, JCH could've been lethal on the break with more freedom & space to roam, but was mainly left to furrow alone. The last thing you want is a frustrated JCH. Its those little margins that are costing us points at the moment.

It shouldn't have even been a free kick.

Agree it was soft as :censored:, but we were just playing into refs hands, & he couldn't wait to give it. Genuinely one of the worst refs I've ever seen. Abysmal.

Need that experience in pressure situations to take the sting out of the game & try & be cute enough to draw a foul & in this vein, I'm surprised Charlie Mac didn't enter the fray.

I can't grumble too much, as totally understand LJ's thinking behind the move, trying to win the game even in our precarious position is refreshing attitude, but also a gamble. Just feel he replaced the wrong player.

I don't think I've ever been so angry at a Football match as I was yesterday, I think the fact that this has happened twice in three games is what was the bitterest pill to swallow. I really feel sorry for the players and the Management, their reputation is being tarnished thanks to some inept (possibly bent) officials

I don't think I've ever been so angry at a Football match as I was yesterday, I think the fact that this has happened twice in three games is what was the bitterest pill to swallow. I really feel sorry for the players and the Management, their reputation is being tarnished thanks to some inept (possibly bent) officials

3 times in 3 matches for me Tommy, another referee in all 3 matches might well have not given a penalty against us and we also had great shouts for a penalty for us in all 3 games. With different ref's we may well have an extra 9 points on the table...who knows? It happened with Bolton at the start of last season... they kept conceding penalties until their luck changed and then they almost made the play off's.

We just need to keep chipping away!

Just watched the highlights on LP, is that Billy Quarmby telling Evans' assistant to :censored: off at the end? So THAT'S what he does. Good lad.

Love Johnson's interview comments on Evans - "Obviously he felt he wanted to come at me, no problem - we'll go toe to toe with anyone"

Thats Steve Evans for all his faults he can get results out of his team. Sadly it seems he likes to take it further by winding up opposistion managers. He proberly looked down his nose at Young Johnson but got annoyed when he would not raise to him. He will come unstuck sooner or later.