The Rotherham vs Oldham match reaction thread

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we stop with these threads telling us who the ref is going to be? We seem to get an even worse ref with each one! How he gave that as a penalty I don't know, linesman claimed he didn't see it even though he had a clear view & Rotherham fans at the other end of the ground was baffled by it being given from the few who spoke with after the game. Didn't see the red card but can't comment, but Rotherham could of had an extra two or three goals if they was a bit more clinical (mention to Oxley for a couple of good saves denying them when they should of scored, but ffs man at least command your own 6 yard box!). We still looked like we could score every time we broke, even after the sending off. If Mellor hadn't been sent off I reckon we would of won it.

Also thought that their ground was quite nice, didn't look or feel like the cheap soulless bowl's that are around these days...

I didn't see what Mellor did.

But assuming he was in the wrong he's just made a mistake that's cost him the chance to make that midfield slot his own this season.

Not to mention leaving his teammates with one hell of a task to try and get something from that game. Even an inexperienced player should understand the stupidity of doing what he did. Like you say, he's giving the competition the chance to push him out of the team for a while longer, since he'll now be suspended for three games. Send him out on loan and make him prove he deserves another chance.

I haven't enjoyed watching Latics so much for years.

There is pace passion and resilience .

Watching them lose today was an experience that made me proud again. Not the result but the way they battled back from a really difficult position and showed belief . Five losses yes . But nearly every match is evidence of the new Latics that is emerging from years of stagnation.

i was one of them that said there was no need to drop wes as he was doing well, as soon as wes came on even with 10 men... we went back to what we've been doing best all season, with mellor and korey on midfield we looked really really easy to break through! but other then the sending off Mellor played OK, just lost the ball a few times (put that down to lack of games) but also found himself out of position too many times, explaining why his tackle was late!

Played so so well considering. Mellor let his team mates and the fans down big time and there front 2 caused problems all game but we must defending better.

Oxley made some outstanding saves and effort was outstanding, was a great away day oh and the South Yorkshire police are a disgrace

Must win v Crewe. It's annoying walking out ground and ever opposition fans saying how well we play

Don't panic it will click

Rooney has been a big let down IMO, far too slow and loses out on most challenges..

Connor Brown was doing fine until injured.

both our goals came because of Adam rooneys movement in the box.... i was slagging adam rooney off before he causes there defence a load of problems movement wise and allows montano the space to run in and smash home the equaliser - then it was rooneys header saved and lanzoni tapped the rebound in! So well done today rooney

I haven't enjoyed watching Latics so much for years.

There is pace passion and resilience .

Watching them lose today was an experience that made me proud again. Not the result but the way they battled back from a really difficult position and showed belief . Five losses yes . But nearly every match is evidence of the new Latics that is emerging from years of stagnation.

Just this.

I thought we actually played better with ten men, the players seemed to up it and worked hard for each other.

Naïveté has contributed to our defeat once more, this time with a rush of petulance.

Our football is coming together though and should be applauded.

On a side note...nice touch from LJ to come on our coach before we left BP to thank us for making the trip and to rally the troups.

Disagree, thought rooney did ok up top on his own, put a shift in and generally caused problems, his run off the ball gave montano the space needed for the first goal, and his header led to lanzoni's tap in, i just think latics fans are looking for a scapegoat as usual, i take it rooney is this years booboys victim?

This is one of the most ridiculous comments I've ever seen on here.

You come out with :censored: like that at least once a week.

You like a row through the keyboard, although I doubt you say boo to a goose in the flesh.

It's about opinions isn't it? Philliskirk has looked week for me and Rooney does little... We look like a great side, with little up top.