• Low
  • Andrews
  • Eyre
Edited by mikeroyboy

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dowie spent alot of money that can't be denied. It enabled him to sign the likes of Clint Hill for £225,000 etc.

But what also can't be denied is he had a structure in place and a system, playing 352 with wingbacks, he took average players like John Eyre and they looked class in that team, same goes for Carlo Corazzin, Wayne Andrews, Josh Low, Will Haining, Darren Sheridan etc.

He had the fittest team in the league, something LDJhechat:censored: said we were going to be, but all I see are laboured performances.

He had a scouting network that brought us Fitz Hall. It doesn't matter who his network was, but now i've mentioned it, it was his brother Bob. LDJhechat:censored: said his family were scouts etc, but he's not really pulled any gems in the mould of Hall out of the bag. Granted Adam Rooney is a decent forward for this level, yet he's not getting the service he requires, ie wingers bombing to the by-line and knocking them across goal for him, funny really when we have such great wingers in Montano, Dayton and Schmeltz, or in fact are these players not all that?

This was Dowies team in the play off v QPR at Loftus Road.

Pogliacomi

Hill

Hall

Haining

Murray

Armstrong

Sheridan D

Eyres

Low

Andrews

Eyre

Against Johnsons Crawley line up...

Oxley

Lanzoni

Mills

Tarkowski

Grounds

Rodgers

Smith

Dayton

Wesolowski

Clarke-Harris

MacDonald

Which line up and management team do you wish we had?

And we ended the season in the same division we are in now. ID achieved nothing in the end, and spent a ton of cash achieving nothing.

And the team faded badly over the last 2 months and into the play offs - he didn't handle the run-in well at all and we went out in the same manner with form fading.

Christ on a bicycle, we're 9 games in and

• we've got someone who's going to watch LJ's every move and report back - I'd much rather just watch the game than go on a sniper expedition (and LDJhechat:censored: or whatever he's been dubbed isn't remotely funny and very, very boring and childish)
  • one pins most of the problems on Wesolowski - Yep, he's dragged this team down all on his own; takes some doing, that
  • Corney is accused of hiring LJ because he was the cheap option - None of us have a feckin' clue how much he or the other candidates wanted. If anyone does know, spill the beans or stop making daft assumptions
  • LJ only played where he did because of who his Dad is - I'd check the stats on that if I were you
  • his Dad always had an experienced No2 to fall back on - Again, do some research first
  • we needed someone who played at the highest level - Doesn't always work; didn't do a lot for the likes of John Barnes (failed at a few clubs), our very own Shez (plying his trade in League 2); the list is almost endless. On the other hand, Mourinho, Wenger, Rodgers ain't done bad in the manager's chair after a virtual non existent playing career

It's universally agreed that a forum is where people can offer opinions but, for Christ's sake, back up what you're posting so you don't make an arse of yourself.

Jesus, there's some folk I'd hate to be sat next to, but carry on trying to undermine at every opportunity. Anyone at the club that reads this board must be really chuffed we have such dedicated and supportive fans. Well, we have, but some don't half drag it down.

I'm going to go to the game on Saturday. But i'm gonna be watching LDJhechat:censored: like a hawk. I'm going to see his line up, what formation he's got them in, any changes, tactical decisions, and above all how many times he waves his hands like a mad man on the touchline.

I'll report back Saturday night/Sunday morning.

I trust we can assume it will with an unbiased and neutral viewpoint. Or if he puts his hands in his pocket for 5 seconds mean you state he is the incarnate of Penney.

Dowie spent alot of money that can't be denied. It enabled him to sign the likes of Clint Hill for £225,000 etc

But what also can't be denied is he had a structure in place and a system, playing 352 with wingbacks, he took average players like John Eyre and they look

ed class in that team, same goes for Carlo Corazzin, Wayne Andrews, Josh Low, Will Haining, Darren Sheridan etc.

He had the fittest team in the league, something

LDJhechat:censored: said we were going to be, but all I see are laboured performances.

He had a scouting network that brought us Fitz Hall. It doesn't matter who his network was, but now i've mentioned it, it was his brother Bob. LDJhechat:censored: said his family were scouts etc, but he's not really pulled any gems in the mould of Hall out of the bag. Granted Adam Rooney is a decent forward for thislevel, yet he's not getting the service he requires, ie wingers bombing to the by-line and knocking them across goal for him, funny really when we have such great wingers in Montano, Dayton and Schmeltz or in fact are these players not all that?

This was Dowies team in the play off v QPR at Loftus Road.

Pogliacomi

Hill

Hall

Haining

Murray

Armstrong

Sheridan D

Eyres

Low

Andrews

Eyre

AgainstJohnsons Crawley line up...

Oxley

Lanzoni

Mills

Tarkowski

Grounds

Rodgers

Smith

Dayton

Wesolowski

Clarke-Harris

MacDonald

How can you compare those sides? That is ridiculous.

If LJ had the money Dowie had at his disposal then our recent side wouldn't look like that anyway. Your comparing a money's no object side to a shoestring side.

And please.. LDJhechat:censored:? My god.

Didn't realise we were doing fantasy football in this thread now. In that case the club should have done this instead of appoint that idiot LJ:

Manager: Mourinho

GK: Cech

LB: Baines

CB: Vidic

CB: Kompany

RB: Richards (back to his spiritual home)

CM: Yaya Toure

CM: Wilshire
CM: Xavi

FW: Bale

FW: Van Persie

FW: C Ronaldo

Compare that to LJ's lineup vs Crawley

Oxley
Lanzoni
Mills

Tarkowski
Grounds
Rodgers
Smith
Dayton
Wesolowski
Clarke-Harris
MacDonald

Now which manager and line up would you rather have?

The squad we had in 02-03 was built with a top 4 budget only Wigan and Cardiff could argue that they had more expensive squads. There was a reason we went bankrupt in the summer of 2003. The play off were a minimum requirement that season. We finished below Crewe who had a far cheaper squad.

We finished 5th and we did not win promotion

The team we had a gainst crawley whilst clearly inferior won't bankrupt us next summer and will comfortably improve to ensure we don't get relegated or be in any trouble come the end of the season .

LDJhechat:censored: is a reference to his twitter account LDJhepingping.

And comparing a past Latics team to a present one isn't the same as naming a Premierleague XI or the current European Champions to a Latics team is it now.

Yeah we had a sky high budget but that was mainly spend on a handful of players, see Appleby or Wijnhard or Hill.

Your telling me that Armstrong, Hall, Low, Eyre, Baudet, Andrews, Haining were on anymore than Rooney or Korey Smith?

Anyway, i'll stop now as this will roll on for another two days until Orient.

An come off it as if i'm bothered how many times he throws his arms in the air. :hooked:

Well seeing as there's no picture against your username I'm dying to give you the benefit of the doubt...

But along with a few valid ‘opinions’ you have managed to include some unverifiable assumptions (such as other experienced managers, who have also known failure incidentally, would have been a better option), how could anyone know that? Even Sir Alex, would have been a ‘punt’ in our position. The very best (history of a modicum of success) managers get fired on a very regular basis. That is a verifiable fact.

I don't know, I think I could do a better job than LDJhechat:censored:.

It was more a pun at him saying Sir Alex and me being called Alex....plus I haven't done my coaching badges yet, but it is something i'd like to do..anyway I digress...

I would have appointed Iain Dowie, by all accounts he wanted the job but wasn't offered the money or the budget he felt was needed to take us forward.

What we've been left with is a chap who's been to a fair few management courses, learnt a few of the words, a bit of the lingo and then spouts it to us every week, and 90% of us are taken in by it, I was until I saw through him a month or so ago.

He's a carbon copy of PD but at least Dickov had his Premierleague roots and contacts to fall back on, and at least under PD we played well and WON for the first half of his first season. Under LDJhechat:censored: we're "playing well" apparently but not winning.

Saturday is massive. Especially with Notts. Co being called off, we could potentially slip further away.

LDJhechat:censored: is a reference to his twitter account LDJhepingping.

And comparing a past Latics team to a

present one isn't the same as naming a Premierleague XI or the current European Champions to a Latics team is it now.

Yeah we had a sky high budget but that was mainl spend on a handful of players, see Appleby or Wijnhard or Hill.

Your telling me that Armstrong, Hall, Low, Eyre, Baudet, Andrews, Haining were on anymore than Rooney or Korey Smith?

Anyway, i'll stop now as this will roll on for another two days until Orient.

An come off it as if i'm bothered how many times he throws his arms in the air. :hooked:

We paid a quarter of a million for Armstrong..

Plus a fee for Hall I think about 50k.

And judging by the debt we racked up, yeah they probably did earn about the same as our top earners now.

We paid a quarter of a million for Armstrong..

Plus a fee for Hall I think about 50k.

And judging by the debt we racked up, yeah they probably did earn about the same as our top earners now.

Paying £150k for Beharall and £225k for Allan Smart the season before probably didn't help either, even before talking about the rest of the wages from that year's team.

Love the fact is going to be " watching LJ like a hawk on Saturday "

Who the f*** are you to pass opinion, what are your professional football credentials .

Football managers, and ex players will see much more than us fans , plus they know players temperaments , how they ve trained etc.

LJ has been around professional lower league football all his life, you have not.

Love the fact is going to be " watching LJ like a hawk on Saturday "

Who the f*** are you to pass opinion, what are your professional football credentials .

Football managers, and ex players will see much more than us fans , plus they know players temperaments , how they ve trained etc.

LJ has been around professional lower league football all his life, you have not.

I'm only tugging your nuts, that was a joke about watching what he's doing, tactics etc.

But I'm firmly behind my belief that Johnson is a bit of a conman, in a nutshell, I hope he succeed's, of course I do, and no I don't voice any negative opinions during the game.

But questions should still be answered such as...

• Why does he constantly change the forward line? No relationships/understandings can be formed because of this.
  • Why does he do the same with the midfield? One minute Dayton and Montano, the next Schmeltz and Montano, then lets throw Rodgers in this week and put JCH on the wing etc, the same with Mellor, lets start him centre half when all and sundry could see we were gonna struggle with him there, then throw him in centre mid against Rotherham, the lad then gets sent off.
  • Why is a left back playin centre half?
  • Why haven't we had the same starting 11 two weeks running?
  • Why do we always (bar PV) conceed first?
  • Why do teams like Crewe turn up with a record of not scoring once away from home all season and losing 3-0 twice on the bounce and still manage to grab a 1-1.
  • Why doesn't he throw his arms around alot on the touchline, he never seems to gesticulate.

• Why does he constantly change the forward line? - Because the forwards haven't been doing their job, our goals for column is poor.

Why is a left back playin centre half? - Because by his own high standards from last season he started off the season playing badly. Since his switch to CB he has not only rediscovered his form but is looking like he is a more than decent centre back. Plus his natural left footedness has provided balance to his right footed partner.

Why haven't we had the same starting 11 two weeks running? - Injuries and poor form.

Why do teams like Crewe turn up with a record of not scoring once away from home all season and losing 3-0 twice on the bounce and still manage to grab a 1-1. - Because we are Latics, this is what we do.

Why doesn't he throw his arms around alot on the touchline, he never seems to gesticulate. - Because his mittens are on a string around his shoulders, if he flails his arms around he strangles himself.

I'm only tugging your nuts, that was a joke about watching what he's doing, tactics etc.

But I'm firmly behind my belief that Johnson is a bit of a conman, in a nutshell, I hope he succeed's, of course I do, and no I don't voice any negative opinions during the game.

But questions should still be answered such as...

• Why does he constantly change the forward line? No relationships/understandings can be formed because of this.
  • Why does he do the same with the midfield? One minute Dayton and Montano, the next Schmeltz and Montano, then lets throw Rodgers in this week and put JCH on the wing etc, the same with Mellor, lets start him centre half when all and sundry could see we were gonna struggle with him there, then throw him in centre mid against Rotherham, the lad then gets sent off.
  • Why is a left back playin centre half?
  • Why haven't we had the same starting 11 two weeks running?
  • Why do we always (bar PV) conceed first?
  • Why do teams like Crewe turn up with a record of not scoring once away from home all season and losing 3-0 twice on the bounce and still manage to grab a 1-1.
  • Why doesn't he throw his arms around alot on the touchline, he never seems to gesticulate.

Most, but not all of that, can be covered very easily. When you're so close to a winning formula by playing very good football but not getting the final touch, you tweak things. That's why you have a squad and, especially with so many new faces, it doesn't always gel instantly.

It can take a dozen or more games before it all settles down so have some patience for a little while longer. We're no different to many top sides in this respect; they will chop and change their line up even after winning a game or three.

And before you jump on this, no I'm not comparing us to the likes of Chelsea, Man Ure or anyone else in the top flight. It's simply an illustration of how knitting a virtually new team together works, given that you have injuries to contend with as well.

As for other points, Grounds is no stranger to the CB position and Mellor had done very well there for the ressies. We concede because we're a bit fragile at the back and make mistakes.

I'll ignore the last bullet point because it's obviously meant as a bit of a giggle.

• Why does he constantly change the forward line? - Because the forwards haven't been doing their job, our goals for column is poor.
  • Why is a left back playin centre half? - Because by his own high standards from last season he started off the season playing badly. Since his switch to CB he has not only rediscovered his form but is looking like he is a more than decent centre back. Plus his natural left footedness has provided balance to his right footed partner.
  • Why haven't we had the same starting 11 two weeks running? - Injuries and poor form.
  • Why do teams like Crewe turn up with a record of not scoring once away from home all season and losing 3-0 twice on the bounce and still manage to grab a 1-1. - Because we are Latics, this is what we do.
  • Why doesn't he throw his arms around alot on the touchline, he never seems to gesticulate. - Because his mittens are on a string around his shoulders, if he flails his arms around he strangles himself.

And your happy about that???

Edited by Postman Matt

Disgusting isn't it. Johnson should be fully blamed for Crewe turning up and not rolling over for us to beat them. Almost like form never changes. Couldn't possibly be due to Crewe playing well enough to get a draw...