Tarkowski on OS...

If I were his boss, I'm not sure I'd be happy about the comments on the OS this morning..

Tarkowski added is not letting interest from other clubs distract him as he focuses on playing.

"I let my agent do his job and I am just concentrating on playing well because if you are not doing that you won’t get a move," he said.

Is he actively looking?

I'd be gutted if I were LJ - but on the other hand, we're a selling club.

Just thought it was a bit crass - by all means, let your agent do his bit, just don't rub the club's nose in it.

If I were his boss, I'm not sure I'd be happy about the comments on the OS this morning..

Tarkowski added is not letting interest from other clubs distract him as he focuses on playing.

"I let my agent do his job and I am just concentrating on playing well because if you are not doing that you won’t get a move," he said.

Is he actively looking?

I'd be gutted if I were LJ - but on the other hand, we're a selling club.

Just thought it was a bit crass - by all means, let your agent do his bit, just don't rub the club's nose in it.

Course he'll be actively looking to better himself. We are laegue one and every player in our squad would move up a level or 2 if the oppurtunity came around. In any job you aim for promotion etc and football is no different. The club wouldn't think twice of selling him at the right price as you said we are a selling club so why not play out of your skin to get a big money move and better yourself. As long as he's focused while he's here its fine as his value will increase.

I think through reading that he's not saying 'I want to move' he's saying that he's gonna get his head down and carry on playing well for us and then see what happens. Regardless he's gonna move at some point this season, unfortunately probably in January

I would think he will be gone in January, Great potential to play at the highest level and if he stays free of injury and keeps his feet on the ground he can achieve that.

Although statements like "I let my agent do his job and I am just concentrating on playing well because if you are not doing that you won’t get a move," he said.

Just makes him sound a knob

I took the line "I let my agent do his job and I am just concentrating on playing well because if you are not doing that you won’t get a move," he said. To mean that he does the football and the agent sorts out the contracts, if he isn't much good at the football then what his agent does is irrelevant as no one would come in for him.

3 scouts sat next to me (all older blokes representing same club) watching tarky on Saturday. I kept trying to earwig but the only things I caught were that they were impressed with philliskirk (they seemed to know TP), one had been told to see how cox played for orient and something about their club being interested in a few kids from Huddersfield youth team.

3 scouts sat next to me (all older blokes representing same club) watching tarky on Saturday. I kept trying to earwig but the only things I caught were that they were impressed with philliskirk (they seemed to know TP), one had been told to see how cox played for orient and something about their club being interested in a few kids from Huddersfield youth team.

Unlucky for Cox, he was awful on saturday. Usually he's class and terrorises us. Do you know what club? Interesting point about DP

Edited by Aaron Howarth

What does annoy me about this is how many players think they're too good for the club they are playing for when they've contributed to the club achieving precisely f%*k all

Tarky wants a move to a championship club or higher because he's had a few good games this season one of which was on TV in a match we lost. Last season he and JYM were a bleeding shambles!!!!!!

Aaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhh......that's better :)

What does annoy me about this is how many players think they're too good for the club they are playing for when they've contributed to the club achieving precisely f%*k all

Tarky wants a move to a championship club or higher because he's had a few good games this season one of which was on TV in a match we lost. Last season he and JYM were a bleeding shambles!!!!!!

Aaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhh......that's better :)

Exactly, might have only been a throwaway comment but does show a bit of a lack of self awareness, only thing he should thinking about is knuckling down and playing and improving with us.

What an overreaction to this statement. I'd be a little bit worried if his ambitions stopped at League One level. Everybody in this league is playing to earn a contract at a higher level, that's the truth of it.

Tarky keeps playing his best football, thats good for us, if he gets a move to a higher league, we take the cash. Works for both of us.

I'm a lot more concerned about any player who is looking to stay at the club for a prolonged period than any player who wants a move away. Any player on our books, aside from our 2 over 30s, SHOULD be looking for a move in the future because that means they want to be better than we are which is exactly the attitude I want. A team full of players who want to play Championship football will do better than a team where some players are happy playing league 1 regularly but getting paid handsomely to do so.

Indeed. Young player with ambitions of playing at a higher level than League One shocker eh?

Jeez. I'd be more worried if he said he wants to stay here for the rest of his career, because i'd then realise our 1st choice CB is feckin stupid.

He wants to play at a higher level? Good, so he should. And he will...

Exactly, might have only been a throwaway comment but does show a bit of a lack of self awareness, only thing he should thinking about is knuckling down and playing and improving with us.

I haven't read/watched the interview but presumably he was answering the question asked? I would have called him a liar if he'd said it never occurred to him.