Big Announcement - at half time

Anybody else feel a sense of ante-climax?

It's actually a bigger deal than most people think. The club have effectively handed over control and it's up to Holroy to get it built now.

Maybe only a token announcement but important in the building of the stand.

Edited by blueatheart

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'It's actually a bigger deal than most people think. The club have effectively handed over control and it's up to Holroy to get it built now.
Maybe only a token announcement but important in the building of the stand.'

Yes, the contract that virtually guarantees the go-ahead of the most important ground developement in the clubs history is hardly an anti-climax.

'It's actually a bigger deal than most people think. The club have effectively handed over control and it's up to Holroy to get it built now.

Maybe only a token announcement but important in the building of the stand.'

Yes, the contract that virtually guarantees the go-ahead of the most important ground developement in the clubs history is hardly an anti-climax.

It wasn't already guaranteed?

For me it's the fact it's being done by a family firm who are latics through and through, who have stood on the terraces both home and away and will have an idea of what us fans would like in a stand....give or take commercial factors of course

A feeling that it's going to be done and going to be done right too

It's actually a bigger deal than most people think. The club have effectively handed over control and it's up to Holroy to get it built now.

Yes, though it's normal for the main contractor to take control over a capital build, though it's a good idea to have a separate project manager to kick arses where needed.

so the climax is still to come?

I'm not sure it is wrong. Anticlimax is the polar opposite of climax. If it had been something that certain people perceive as uber exciting then there would have been people climaxing all over the place! Preclimatic would suggest there was climax still to come?

Wow, I've got a headache now!

I'm not sure it is wrong. Anticlimax is the polar opposite of climax. If it had been something that certain people perceive as uber exciting then there would have been people climaxing all over the place! Preclimatic would suggest there was climax still to come?

Wow, I've got a headache now!

Ante- is before, anti-is opposite. It's vinegar strokes vs a none starter

yes its good the stand is being built , but wasent the sand shifting and the pile-ings being completed a sign that things are going ahead , last time latics did a month notice about a big a event on the the internet ,a count down and what was it ,the badge changing.sorry something that has been happen (very slowly in front of our eyes) was not something to make a fuss off ,

yes its good the stand is being built , but wasent the sand shifting and the pile-ings being completed a sign that things are going ahead , last time latics did a month notice about a big a event on the the internet ,a count down and what was it ,the badge changing.sorry something that has been happen (very slowly in front of our eyes) was not something to make a fuss off ,

But why not make a big(ish) deal out of it? There must have been people at the match today who don't usually attend - they mightn't know the laters with the stand and might be encouraged to come back for more games by seeing how the club is striving to progress.

No that's just prep work - appointing a contractor means that you are entering into a contract to pay someone to build a stand, so it means the green button with go has been pressed.

No that's just prep work - appointing a contractor means that you are entering into a contract to pay someone to build a stand, so it means the green button with go has been pressed.

I posted the following as my 3,500th post in 2007 when planning permission was granted to redevelop BP. As things turned out, I was more than a bit premature, but it looks like now is the time to post it again.

Diego_Sideburns, on 11 Dec 2007 - 11:57 PM, said:

You’ll have to excuse me for waxing even more lyrically than normal on this special day.

We can look forward to….

Whistling men in yellow vans

They came and drew us diagrams

Showed us how it all worked it out

And wrote it down in case of doubt

Clambering men in big bad boots

Dug up my den, dug up my roots

Treated us like plasticine town

They built us up and knocked us down

From Meccano to Legoland

Here they come with a brick in their hand

It’s build a house where we can stay

Add a new bit everyday

It’s build a road for us to cross

Build us lots and lots and lots and lots and lots

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DEPvsJ3ZiEQ

So it’s onwards and upwards now for OUR Club. Altogether now…..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_xakEIrBYyI

Anyone else think that the man working in our ticket office, and managing to win the stand development is a bit of a coincidence?