Montano suspended! (Update: Sacked)

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he did it, even despite failing to fulfil his aim, it's conspiracy to defraud I'd have thought. It's certainly a breach of trust and gross mis-conduct.

If he didn't do it, and it's a con job on the proposer, it's conspiracy to defraud the proposer; and bringing the game into disrepute, and gross mis-conduct.

Unless he has a completly different explantion, which is highly improbable, and is unlikely to tip the balance of probability decision that an employer needs to consider (not a "beyon reasonable doubt" decsion, as required in court).

Gone, whichever way you look at it. IMHO.

What if there are bets on the fixers being caught? In-bet-tion.

Anyway, looking at the bigger picture, I've never felt right about these fixtures. Don't wanna get all "tinfoil hat" about it though. That said Montano and the rest have killed my confidence in whether or not I'm watching a genuine match of football or not.

Champions League final

Gündoğan 13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png68' (pen.) 1-2 Mandžukić 13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png60' Robben 13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png89'

Europa League final

Cardozo 13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png68' (pen.) 1-2 Torres 13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png60' Ivanović 13px-Soccerball_shade.svg.png90+3'

Edited by GuyGermanLatic

Crimes will typically have two elements - actus reus (which is the action itself) and mens rea (which is the mindset when doing it). Both need to be satisfied for a conviction.

Both elements differ depending on what the crime is.

Mens rea alone will not suffice for a conviction.

The burglary example is not the best as the actus reus for burglary is only to enter the building as a trespasser, not to commit theft.

actus rectus ? ain.t that illegal ?