sydney gone

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too bothered about Sid for now if we can keep Petrasso. I'm a bit more bothered about Rooney, I want it to work even more now that so many don't,

You and me both. Rooney can do it, of that I have no doubt, but needs service. Same as I banged on about Matt Smith, he too needs a certain type of service.

You and me both. Rooney can do it, of that I have no doubt, but needs service. Same as I banged on about Matt Smith, he too needs a certain type of service.

I'd love to give Rooney a chance with Worrall and Harkins but from the conversation yesterday, especially Barry's comment about taking opportunities while they're on the table, I think he'll be off.

I'd love to give Rooney a chance with Worrall and Harkins but from the conversation yesterday, especially Barry's comment about taking opportunities while they're on the table, I think he'll be off.

Possibly, but like LJ said he, Rooney also has a decision to make. Not wrote in stone but for sure the offers are there. I would hope that LJ has a target in mind lined up should Rooney depart.

Not too bothered about Sid for now if we can keep Petrasso. I'm a bit more bothered about Rooney, I want it to work even more now that so many don't,

LJ said he signed Sid as he didn't think he could find someone on these shores with pace and could beat a man one on one. I asked whether Petrasso's performances mean this now makes Sid expendable (especially as LJ had said we need to get another body out in the window). LJ was quite guarded in his reply and said Petrasso had done well but had struggled in his first couple of games. He is currently flourishing but you don't know how these things work out.

Plus from what he added about Petrasso we need to hope nobody comes in with a bid for him during or before he returns to catch up with Uncle Harry for a bit.

Especially if there's money on the table.

He's been a disappointment but, he has scored and can score - he's not quite in the Warren Feeney bracket.

I think he will come good eventually but, can we afford to wait in the position we're in?

Plus from what he added about Petrasso we need to hope nobody comes in with a bid for him during or before he returns to catch up with Uncle Harry for a bit.

Was thinking that myself, if he does another one monther I think we could miss out after that. Just have to hope the player himself enthuses about how he was treated to HR.

Reading the interview on the shrews website, it seems Sidney's days at Latics are over. He was asked about would he make his transfer permanent in the summer and he replied that basically one of the main reasons he signed for them is that he eyes them as a potential employer for next season. Good luck to the fella, shame it didn't work out for him hear, part of me thinks the shrews will think the same and come next season I think he will playing for someone abroad.

Reading between the lines LJ is glad he's off his payroll (well some of it). Sidney is not LJ's kind of player....or should that be professional footballer. Something happened that LJ just could not forget and tainted his mind set forever.