What a cracking win

From Swindon's forum:

'Firstly. Oldham were like a circus side. Giving the ball away, falling over the ball, missing kicks etc. They were no great shakes (apart from Stead who had some good touches when he came on). That said, they deserved the win'

Didn't go but brilliant stuff to go there and get a win. Sounds like we were unlucky to come up against arguably the best goalkeeper in the league as well, seems like Foderingham made some very good saves to keep it to 1!

There is some truth to that in that I wouldn't say our performance was superb particularly, more that it was very solid although we did have some comic moments like Connor Brown swinging and missing a couple of times and Philly bouncing off their keeper. But these were isolated and to be expect and don't get me wrong, we totally deserved the win. Even against the massive headwind in the first half, we pinned Swindon down and made them look ordinary. But for me we did not really test their goalkeeper enough, and I can't recall enough super saves to say that a rubbish keeper would have made too much difference.

Despite this, apart from the last few minutes (and the five minutes of injury time), they never looked much into the game, and we kept them at bay very very well.

For me rather than anyone having a superb game I would say it was a very composed, and professional performance.

Oh, and Stead looks like he could be class for us.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Realistically we could take 12 points from next 4 games, mk ain't nothing special, I know it's bit of bogey ground for past few seasons but what's to be worried about? We can beat anyone at home. Also the Tarky subject, he should be on bench next week, we've kept a clean sheet away at a tough ground to get points so don't change anything.

What do we think we can get from next few games now after today? And beating posh last week?

Bristol c (h)

Mk dons (a)

Gillingham (h)

Mk dons (h)

I think it's realistic to be asking for 9 points

Given that this is Oldham, I would say 4 points - 1 win, 1 draw and 2 defeats. Anybody who thinks differently must have only started supporting us this week, it would be textbook Latics. Expect the worst and be happy if we 'over achieve'.

Great win. Chuffed. A text from a mate at the game:

Lockwood and Wilson were superb. Thoroughly deserved that. Best side throughout. Big, big performance. Harkins was Decent too. Fullback didn't deal with him. His cross for the goal. Never seen wind like that in a pro game before. Even at Barrow. Only seen the ball do that in wind at Sunday League level.

If you mean the night Eyresy aimed the corner at the edge of the box and the wind blew it in, it must have been horrific today.

I wonder if those posters who weren't going to bother coming to games any more might change their minds before next Saturday.

I can confirm that I am delighted with today's result. I have no plans next Saturday, but will be sat on the couch watching Soccer Saturday from the comfort of my living room.

I can confirm that I am delighted with today's result. I have no plans next Saturday, but will be sat on the couch watching Soccer Saturday from the comfort of my living room.

And yet, smart arse, you know he's not aiming that comment at you, more the bell ends that stated they wouldn't be following us again this season because of our efforts in the Jan transfer window.

It's always baffled me how proving the so called "doom & gloomers" wrong seems more important & enjoyable than the 3 points to many of our number.

Equally

It's always baffled me why posters take great joy when one of our own players managers leaves and they said they were :censored:e after 5 minutes. As if their Is a contest to identify the first inadequate signing or manager.

Being a realist would mean that today is just one win and not the sign we are going for promotion.

Equally seeing that this week was not the end of Oldham athletic even if tarky was sold for as low as £150k and we lost the next 5 would also be a sign of a realist

Bloody great result...

However it has cost me in the owtb prediction league as I posted the blooming prediction on the wolves thread instead and is now voided..boo, hoo as I think that there was only three of us that said a win....aagghhh

And to top it all, it's a cup round today in the prediction league so I voided that one too. Congrats to rocky latic, I will kick you later

I am not amused.....but......I'll take the real win, a clean sheet and three points

Think we have turned the proverbial corner....still hope we can get near a top half finish.