Johnson & Jonson

Okay if its accepted practice find me one quote where ferguson,mouirnho,wenger,rodgers,pellegrini openly in a press conference slags of his own man. Its nothing to do with having something to say in a press conference if thats the case say :censored: all, dont make some :censored:e up about one of your own men, wouldnt wanna be in the trenches with the bloke if thats his style.

Here you go.

http://www1.skysports.com/news/12040/8216251/

Managers do it sometimes, other times they don't. Football.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where does he call the player in that interview, of course the headline states it, Ferguson was always protective of his younger players and if he did talk about them he would always put a positive in an answer along with the negative to give it some balance.

Here:

"We gave the ball away for a third goal and we were in complete control of the game at that point," he told Sky Sports.

"We were playing really good football at that point and all we needed to do was see the game out by keeping possession."But Nani decided to try and beat a player, lost the ball and they got a penalty kick against us."

I was always told when completing coaching badges that one should temper criticism with, usually at the end of it, a compliment.

OK that was aimed at teenage kids but in my book, most footballers are just overgrown kids so for the first time ever, I do agree to a small degree with some of what Yarddog has been saying-there does seem to be some particular players targeted!

Sidney, I thought, was never given a proper chance but hey-ho Shrewsbury came to the same decision as LJ-Who is the right man for the job! KTF

I was always told when completing coaching badges that one should temper criticism with, usually at the end of it, a compliment.

OK that was aimed at teenage kids but in my book, most footballers are just overgrown kids so for the first time ever, I do agree to a small degree with some of what Yarddog has been saying-there does seem to be some particular players targeted!

Sidney, I thought, was never given a proper chance but hey-ho Shrewsbury came to the same decision as LJ-Who is the right man for the job! KTF

In the Latics Player interview after the MK game Johnson criticized Clarke-Harris by saying that his attitude wasn't at all right. He then tempered that criticism by saying he usually has a spot-on attitude, and this incident was very out of character. Textbook, surely? Particularly as Jonson Clarke-Harris is a teenage kid!

where does he call the player in that interview, of course the headline states it, Ferguson was always protective of his younger players and if he did talk about them he would always put a positive in an answer along with the negative to give it some balance.

Mainly because I can't be arsed.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony_punctuation

I dont often like LJ's press comments about players, sometimes I think they could do more harm than good.

However, he is a young manager and he now FINALLY has an assistant. One just to have a quiet word with him and guide him a bit.

It is a learning experience for LJ too.

In the Latics Player interview after the MK game Johnson criticized Clarke-Harris by saying that his attitude wasn't at all right. He then tempered that criticism by saying he usually has a spot-on attitude, and this incident was very out of character. Textbook, surely? Particularly as Jonson Clarke-Harris is a teenage kid!

Nope not textbook at all! That is akin to saying 'you were :censored:e but usually you are not that :censored:e.'

It must be something different which initially leaves them feeling that they have been praised but in time they remember, think about and then hopefully correct the fault that was the point of the comment. Just giving them an ear bashing doesn't help, especially if it was done in public! By the way I don't know what has happened behind the scenes!

Having given JCH a contract extension and seeing him approach a game with the wrong attitude one can understand why he might be criticised. You can tell some people over and over again and they take no notice. Telling them publicly might just make them take notice. JCH could make a good player but time and again he goes down too easily - what I would call an attitude problem writ large. He is a big bloke and needs to stay on his feet rather than giving up and falling down.

Hmmm, would not surprise me if there is some milage in this story.

Having neither been at MK to witness his performance or heard LJ's comments then I have no opinion on the game in question. That said, I was at Rotherham where JCH was publicly rollocked on the pitch for giving away the free kick leading to the match winning goal and was openly criticised by his manager.

As I have said on a previous thread, I think the pair have an almost paternal element to their relationship and I think there is a good deal of respect between them. Consequently JCH responded well in that instance and came back strongly, but it would not surprise me if it could lead to a volatile reaction.

I think LJ sees the obvious potential and gets understandably frustrated by his performance level at times - which could have led to a situation as described. .....or could of course be total bollocks!!!

Either way, I think he has generally handled the player well, and I trust he will learn from the experience In the future if an altercation has taken place!

Edited by whitey1980

Really? It showed that he was lacking a yard of acceleration but apart from that he was starting to look really useful as a supplier and attacker. He was on tuned into Harkins FM more than anyone else, that's for sure.

I have been very impressed with Stead, he wasn't quite match fit but he is a proper centre forward with his good link up play.

He will score for us very soon and creates a lot. Even the Goal by Harkins was caused by Stead taking out their defender!