North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

walking up the steps on sat as you pay in the chaddy the new stand did look impressive

I,ll be sat in that when it opens goading the away fans

while relaxing at halftime with a gin and tonic an a meat an potato

Yes, i too look forward to the new stand where i intend to sip a nice drink whilst eating mussels. Hopefully there will be an anti riff-raff policy. I've moved on from foul language, carbs and beer. This should be a quality venue with a quality experience. Infact, it should be so good i actually hope to not give a tinkers about the football.

Yes, i too look forward to the new stand where i intend to sip a nice drink whilst eating mussels. Hopefully there will be an anti riff-raff policy. I've moved on from foul language, carbs and beer. This should be a quality venue with a quality experience. Infact, it should be so good i actually hope to not give a tinkers about the football.

Make sure you order your prawn sandwiches from our new caterer Mr R Keane.

At least there will be a decent bar at which to drown our sorrows in!

open the bar 12 till 7 match days is a must an a look round the new stand

we could divert our player share money to get sky telly an all that

I'm not sure that those who've donated to PlayerShare would be impressed by their money being spent on a telly.

My HP Sauce tells me all will be revealed about the internal parts of the stand in the next month or two. My HP sauce also tells me that a brochure will be distributed with everything new stand related. My HP Sauce further tells me they have filled the external tenants of the new stand, there will be a supporters bar, the stand and its interior is fully funded already and boxes will be both corporate and for fans. My HP sauce is that of the new commercial director bloke

My HP Sauce tells me all will be revealed about the internal parts of the stand in the next month or two. My HP sauce also tells me that a brochure will be distributed with everything new stand related. My HP Sauce further tells me they have filled the external tenants of the new stand, there will be a supporters bar, the stand and its interior is fully funded already and boxes will be both corporate and for fans. My HP sauce is that of the new commercial director bloke

Cheers for that, nice to ketchup with what's going on...

They're starting interviewing for the sommelier's next week I'm told....

I've already been promised this will be in there.....and not just 1 telly lol

BT Sports too!

Sky TV, Sky effing TV? To watch the very league that creams off the large share of football's TV income to make our club confirmed as being effectively second class or even third class for ever? Can some not see the irony of being pleased that this will be available as part of our match day experience?

I want to watch 11 players in blue or even tangerine beat another 11 players out on the field and if it is on a mudheap so be it and I dont care how cold I am watching it or if I have cheese from southern Italy on my butties or a bottle of Lager from bloody Denmark in my other hand!

If that defeated team are from foreign parts such as Yorkshire then all the better for my match day experience but Sky effing TV Good grief!

Best get that interior Done by August or we will be in breach of contract.

Also a good idea would be charge everyone an extra 20p on pints and start a totaliser and see how much it adds up by the end of the season. I reckon it could easily make a £1000 pound

Extra 20p?? Will be nearly £4 a pint then! Ha ha

Sky TV, Sky effing TV? To watch the very league that creams off the large share of football's TV income to make our club confirmed as being effectively second class or even third class for ever? Can some not see the irony of being pleased that this will be available as part of our match day experience?

I want to watch 11 players in blue or even tangerine beat another 11 players out on the field and if it is on a mudheap so be it and I dont care how cold I am watching it or if I have cheese from southern Italy on my butties or a bottle of Lager from bloody Denmark in my other hand!

If that defeated team are from foreign parts such as Yorkshire then all the better for my match day experience but Sky effing TV Good grief!

Well I can see your point, you have to be a realist about these things and accept that others like all football from the Champions League downwards.

If there is an early kick-off on, there will be Latics fans that go to a local pub for a few drinks and watch the game. Give these people a chance to get to the ground and pay for beer etc whilst they do it then it might pay. Also - if they leave Soccer Saturday on during the game and halftime - then its a useful way of keeping track on scores around the grounds.

Best get that interior Done by August or we will be in breach of contract.

Also a good idea would be charge everyone an extra 20p on pints and start a totaliser and see how much it adds up by the end of the season. I reckon it could easily make a £1000 pound

I'd be very worried if we only sold 5,000 pints in 2,640 capacity stand in the whole season in the new stand. Suspect I wouldn't be the only one.

But a very good idea to bring in punters. I'd do it monthly or more realistically quarterly to not disincentivise each fortnight leaving it for one game a season. MAybe 10p might be more palatable. Good idea to chew on. Send it too Mark Moisey.

I agree with your point about Sky TV, but the proposed Supporters' Bar will provide a meeting point for early-arrivals and somewhere to get together after the game. It will also provide an opportunity for those who prefer to go to a pub during the game to continue watching Sky TV, to put some money into the Club before and after the game.

I'm hoping the Club doesn't allow J.W. Lees back in again.

Out of interest, what would everyone like in the bar in terms of layout?

Open space to stand or seated?

Lots of normal sized tv's or a big screen?

Etc etc

I went watching City vs Arsenal with a pal who game me a free ticket and we went in to a place called Mary D's which is apparently their main supporters pub and it was a cracking place.

In the back they have an open space with big blue barrels to put your drinks on and a huge projector screen and it was that old school feel that really seemed to get the atmosphere going.

Archived