North Stand Construction Thread

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Everyone is welcome. Act like adults and behave yourselves.'

Exactly. I'd expect a health contingent of away fans parking at the ground then wandering into the bar, I'd rather they spent their money inside Boundary Park if we are doing our own catering contract then spending it at any other place.

That's got to be one of the best jobs in the world. Why didn't that careers woman at school give me the option? I went to a hotel inLondon where they had one just for whiskey. Can you imagine?

I know of one hotel that had a water sommelier. Just bottles of mineral water.

Expect that course had only one attendee and he got the job.

Or he knew sod all and just used the same words as the wine sommelier.

Last I heard the supporters sports bar, isn't really a going to be a sports bar at all. Just an indoor designated drinking area. Imagine the bar in the george hill, but bigger.

That's what SC seemed to imply when asked about facilities. I guess it would only be accessed after going through the turnstiles, and would therefore not be available to away fans. Like the away end at Chesterfield and many other grounds, with TV's hanging from the ceiling.

Now I like my pints, so the one thing I think we really need and deserve is a top quality atmospheric supporters bar - the walls covered in photos of glory days, a TV to show what ever sport action is on elsewhere, decent pints, and a bit of comfort and warmth.

Surely, that's not too much to ask for!

For people like me, who only get over for one or two matches a season, it would help us get every last drop of enjoyment possible out of a trip to Boundary Park.

Surely it would make a few quid for the club too?

I wouldn't be happy with something half arsed. There is an opportunity to make something great here - I hope the club don't blow it.

(I'd still make my usual pilgrimage to the Rifle Range, just maybe a tad later than the usual sprint at full time).

Be amazed (and very pleased) if it has ales. Sadly I suspect John Smiths or some other Watneysredbarrelalike is more likely.

If the bar is only going to be open on match days the problem with selling real beer is that it'll probably go off between games.

Maybe they could do a deal with a Local pub that sells the real stuff. Something like, Latics take x barrels of various ales and return any unsold beer back to the pub. Both parties could make a profit, Latics sell it for a profit and the club pay the pub more for the beer than the pub pay their supplier and get free publicity.

York have had a long running saga about their new ground but it seems that it's finally about to go ahead

Its location will be very different to BP, adjacent to a major out of town centre that has two big supermarkets, big M&S , John Lewis, lots of other shops and restaurants etc..

Will be very different to Boothsm Crescent , tucked in rows of houses etc

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/news/11870649.Updated__5_30pm_Community_stadium_looks_set_to_be_given_go_ahead/

If there's nothing tying them to a distributer then it's a piece of piss to get a couple of barrels from Phoenix, or Elland or Lees and revert to the standard stuff when that runs out.

Sadly whilst it's a great idea I'd be amazed if the club don't tie themselves to a major brewer to cover the cost of the fit out of the bar, lines etc

I will mention it though

That's what SC seemed to imply when asked about facilities. I guess it would only be accessed after going through the turnstiles, and would therefore not be available to away fans. Like the away end at Chesterfield and many other grounds, with TV's hanging from the ceiling.

This is my understanding of it

If the bar is only going to be open on match days the problem with selling real beer is that it'll probably go off between games.

Maybe they could do a deal with a Local pub that sells the real stuff. Something like, Latics take x barrels of various ales and return any unsold beer back to the pub. Both parties could make a profit, Latics sell it for a profit and the club pay the pub more for the beer than the pub pay their supplier and get free publicity.

Most suppliers won't be happy with that as it is secondary wholesaling...They would just supply the club direct. I imagine they will just stick the draught stock low and fill the fridges high.

Think it is Heineken that supply most of the club currently. The new bar will probably open a new beer contract where they will be able to negotiate a better deal as their volumes should be higher. Also Plastic bottled lager is bloody expensive believe it or not.

This is my understanding of it

I've not been to the new Chesterfield ground. Are we essential talking about a concourse bar? Really disappointing if that's the case. Won't that just catch people's last pre match pint and half time sales?

I've not been to the new Chesterfield ground. Are we essential talking about a concourse bar? Really disappointing if that's the case. Won't that just catch people's last pre match pint and half time sales?

Yeah but we neeeeeed the space to sell united city libpool and chelsea stuff in the club shop.

I think most of us are just thinking about the supporters bar but don't forget we will have corporate and conference facilities upstairs so who is to say that we wont be selling beer etc 5 or 6 days a week . this could affect buying power and turnover and would probably account for ten times the matchday sales .

as far as pre match telly I hope that some footage of latics success could be shown, they can show sky stuff at half time and full time and if there is a 5 o clock game it might keep the beer flowing.

we know sky is killing the game but we can use it to our advantage

Archived