North Stand Construction Thread

This is spot on. Of course they don't suit everyone, but to abolish them isn't the way forward, regulating them is.

Besides, MA gives away a free mug that holds a pint of tea with every purchase. What's not to love?

Try getting that free mug without paying £1 for it :)

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If people want to bring zero hour contracts into the equation for a way to dig at Ashley as thougn he is in some way unique, then politics will also come. So, sorry, suck it up.

Got into bed with them? Its called a sponsorship deal. They will pay money, we have given them naming rights. Rocket science it isnt. And no it hasnt happened yet, but it isnt built yet... is it?

So under some type of logic we now play at SD.com Park under a sponsorship deal in which we havent received any money yet from a firm with dubious employment practices which are deemed allright because others use them in different business scenarios and no-one can complain about this unless they can prove that they are a good business man. OK Mr Cameron.

So under some type of logic we now play at SD.com Park under a sponsorship deal in which we havent received any money yet from a firm with dubious employment practices which are deemed allright because others use them in different business scenarios and no-one can complain about this unless they can prove that they are a good business man. OK Mr Cameron.

Can you copy and paste the details of the deal that you are privvy to here so that I can study them too?

Thanks

Truth is, neither you nor I have the detail. So how about you just wait and see instead of being so negative and miserable, traits that seem to dog this particular thread for reasons I cannot fathom.

("Mr Cameron"... Christ thats weak)

We have a North Stand Construction thread and a New Manager thread which have both morphed into miscellaneous moaning. Shall we have a General Election thread as a misnomer for The People Who Want to Moan About All and Everything?

I am tempted to post about the ill-informed moaners about zero hours contracts but that would be to join in with the inappropriate.... Don't believe what you read in the media, don't believe what you hear in the media and utterances by people seeking reelection seldom contain even a grain of truth.

We have a North Stand Construction thread and a New Manager thread which have both morphed into miscellaneous moaning. Shall we have a General Election thread as a misnomer for The People Who Want to Moan About All and Everything?

I am tempted to post about the ill-informed moaners about zero hours contracts but that would be to join in with the inappropriate.... Don't believe what you read in the media, don't believe what you hear in the media and utterances by people seeking reelection seldom contain even a grain of truth.

Already rolling...

http://www.owtb.co.uk/index.php/topic/47000-general-erection-2015/page-3#entry773621

So are you trying to say that they are OK-just not for proper jobs?

For a lot of youngsters these days there are no proper jobs available-perpetuated by this very thing!

Sports Direct and the like stink but are being allowed to get away with it more and more. What is it a, race to the bottom to compete with Vietnam and China?

I'm just trying to say that zero hours contracts aren't the evil some people would have you believe, there are people out there who actually want them.

If people are being forced into working one, or organisations are abusing them, then of course that is totally wrong. But outright abolishon of them would penalise a lot of people. It's not as simple as a allow them or don't allow them debate.

I'm just trying to say that zero hours contracts aren't the evil some people would have you believe, there are people out there who actually want them.

If people are being forced into working one, or organisations are abusing them, then of course that is totally wrong. But outright abolishon of them would penalise a lot of people. It's not as simple as a allow them or don't allow them debate.

Spot on.

I've worked a zero hours contract aslong as it's mutually beneficial which mine was then it's fine. People are talking about as if it's slavery and that all jobs will go that way this is just wrong.

A company like sports direct employs a large amount of low skilled workers many of which are young and in full time education it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for them to have zero hours contracts.

A) I've worked a zero hours contract aslong as it's mutually beneficial which mine was then it's fine. People are talking about as if it's slavery and that all jobs will go that way this is just wrong.

B) A company like sports direct employs a large amount of low skilled workers many of which are young and in full time education it wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing for them to have zero hours contracts.

Are we a third world country or have we progressed at all from such narrow minded thinking? I really do despair at times, anyway there is a game tomorrow

The end is nigh! The new stand is on track! As per the rarely wrong..

"ATHLETIC chairman Simon Corney has issued a plea for fans to dig deep to help the club build success on the pitch.

Revealing a £400,000 profit last season as a result of player trading, Corney stressed it’s all systems go for the £6.5million new North Stand to be open for next season."

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/91121/on-target

"ATHLETIC chairman Simon Corney has issued a plea for fans to dig deep to help the club build success on the pitch.

Revealing a £400,000 profit last season as a result of player trading, Corney stressed its all systems go for the £6.5million new North Stand to be open for next season."

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-features/10/oldham-athletic-news/91121/on-target

£100 season tickets not happening then...

Archived