North Stand Construction Thread

Out of interest, what would everyone like in the bar in terms of layout?

Open space to stand or seated?

Lots of normal sized tv's or a big screen?

Etc etc

I went watching City vs Arsenal with a pal who game me a free ticket and we went in to a place called Mary D's which is apparently their main supporters pub and it was a cracking place.

In the back they have an open space with big blue barrels to put your drinks on and a huge projector screen and it was that old school feel that really seemed to get the atmosphere going.

Tables round the outside for the early arrivers, plenty of standing space for every one else. LOADS and LOADS of TVs so late comers dont get in the way of early drinkers. Several pumps, plenty of staff and room for about 1500 people. Anything else would be 'typical Latics' ie :censored:e. Also needs to be plastered in Latics stuff shirts scarves flags etc...

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I can see your point, you have to be a realist about these things and accept that others like all football from the Champions League downwards.

If there is an early kick-off on, there will be Latics fans that go to a local pub for a few drinks and watch the game. Give these people a chance to get to the ground and pay for beer etc whilst they do it then it might pay. Also - if they leave Soccer Saturday on during the game and halftime - then its a useful way of keeping track on scores around the grounds.

Exactly - Dagenham & Redbridge have a great bar at their ground with large screens showing Sky/BT - their fans and away fans get there early and spend money at the club instead of at a random pub. And then there's The Red Dot bar ...

Sky TV, Sky effing TV? To watch the very league that creams off the large share of football's TV income to make our club confirmed as being effectively second class or even third class for ever? Can some not see the irony of being pleased that this will be available as part of our match day experience?

I want to watch 11 players in blue or even tangerine beat another 11 players out on the field and if it is on a mudheap so be it and I dont care how cold I am watching it or if I have cheese from southern Italy on my butties or a bottle of Lager from bloody Denmark in my other hand!

If that defeated team are from foreign parts such as Yorkshire then all the better for my match day experience but Sky effing TV Good grief!

I give it 3 games till you're "never coming again", based on experience of previous posters on here

Sky TV, Sky effing TV? To watch the very league that creams off the large share of football's TV income to make our club confirmed as being effectively second class or even third class for ever? Can some not see the irony of being pleased that this will be available as part of our match day experience?

I want to watch 11 players in blue or even tangerine beat another 11 players out on the field and if it is on a mudheap so be it and I dont care how cold I am watching it or if I have cheese from southern Italy on my butties or a bottle of Lager from bloody Denmark in my other hand!

If that defeated team are from foreign parts such as Yorkshire then all the better for my match day experience but Sky effing TV Good grief!

Well maybe they could show the cycling instead then.

I want Latics memorabilia and pictures everywhere. I want it to be like walking into an Oldham Athletic wonderlad.

Woof.

With life sized waxwork models of Joe Royle, Andy Ritchie etc and if there's only a tiny bit of wax left we could do a life sized one of Lee Johnson where we all pay a tenner to melt a body part.

They're starting interviewing for the sommelier's next week I'm told....

That's got to be one of the best jobs in the world. Why didn't that careers woman at school give me the option? I went to a hotel inLondon where they had one just for whiskey. Can you imagine?

I like the layout of Crawleys plenty of room different bars selling food and different drinks, So everybody is not at the single bar. In the summer months (if we have any) maybe we can get a barbecue going.

Such memorabilia should include Matt Smith V Liverpool picture Fans v Nottingham Forest, Gary McDonald v Everton, Scott Vernon v City, then obviously we have stuff from the Royle years. The place needs to feel like home and connect to the fans making us want to go down early and stay after the game.

What would the rule be on away fans?

Be amazed (and very pleased) if it has ales. Sadly I suspect John Smiths or some other Watneysredbarrelalike is more likely.

Isn't the plan just to be open on match days? If so, cans will be much more likely than anything that'll be troubling CAMRA.

Main this is we get all our favourite memories in either framed or canvassed pictures all over the place.

When away fans walk in, I want them to think "bloody hell these lot have had some good times".

I'm excited about the possibilities but ultimately I am building myself up for disappointment as it will most probably be a square room with a fridge full of tinnies and some plastic garden furniture!

Archived