This week

Problem is the club dont really want to start signing players up now because it costs money paying them from now till they kick a ball again in august if money is tight its alright saying lets offer them all extensions but that would be 10k + a week and it soon adds up at this time of year.

Problem is the club dont really want to start signing players up now because it costs money paying them from now till they kick a ball again in august if money is tight its alright saying lets offer them all extensions but that would be 10k + a week and it soon adds up at this time of year.

That is quite simply untrue. It may cost to contract players from the date of the expiry of their current ones but there is not a cat in hell's chance we'll allow the players we want to keep to run out of contract and hope we can pick them up just before the season starts. I can't imagine any of them would want to play for us if we did that either.

In the 1950s an International player wanted payment during the close season, only to be told by the club chairman, "you don't kick a ball during the close season so you're getting nowt".

Edited by BP1960

We'll be paying them until their expiry anyway. I'm sure that any deals signed in advance will be with effect from the new contract date, rather than straight away.The complicatations come from the agents trying to get them a better deal or if someone else wants to sign them. Any players signed past the start of the pre-season will affect preperations. As much as there are other players available, it would be good to have some stability to build on.

Edited by jimsleftfoot

This week I would like to see chubs, brownie, grounds, Wilson and weso to join Lockwood signing a new deal.

No messing around they have been brilliant over the past 2 months and created a solid platform to build from.

I am sure if they all were to accept the offer we put on the table, then they would sign.

Its just infinitely more complicated than that.

Plus a couple of your list, that another season might just prove to be one season too far. That has happened to usa few times in recent years.

Edited by singe

JJ's bring bad karma

Reminds me of when Paul Dickov replaced player of the year, central defender Sean Gregan with over the hill, journeyman, midfielder Jason Jarrett.

Not hard to see why we didn't progress under him, lol

Edited by PlayItLivo