Rumours and Transfers 2014

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris porter on his way back according to the Sheffield Advertiser

Sounds as if Sheff Utd were after keeping him but on less money than he would've been on via the option in his existing contract, I,e. they wanted to negotiate a new deal rather than excercise an existing extension option.

Which suggests he wants more than they're now offering which means we've got no chance I would've thought. If there was ever any chance if us having him back.

Chris porter on his way back according to the Sheffield Advertiser

I wouldn't have him back. Hasn't really banged the goals in since leaving us, more of a super sub for Sheff Utd with Clough questioning whether he could be the main striker again and you cannot ignore the elephant in the room that he shafted us when moving to Scotland...our views irrelevant as SC wouldn't pay a wage to him I reckon regardless if what LJ wants. If he was banging in the goals then time heals but a massive draw on our wage bill and I doubt nothing in return.

Play JCH and Turner in preseason and see how they click.....

Izale Macleod would be top of my shopping list. Realistic chance of getting him too

Anthony Kay and Ryan Hall also released by MK and i think all 3 would be good additions, not that we could afford all 3.

Kay not released, sorry, he has been offered a new deal. Good player IMO.

Edited by astottie

Ryan hall was good at southend when we played them in the cup, not done much since at leeds and mk, i would have him here though.

just spoken to my Leeds supporting colleague who says he didn't look anything special for them but then fell out with Colin and was never seen again. I wonder if Southend was the peak of his career.

Sounds as if Sheff Utd were after keeping him but on less money than he would've been on via the option in his existing contract, I,e. they wanted to negotiate a new deal rather than excercise an existing extension option.

Which suggests he wants more than they're now offering which means we've got no chance I would've thought. If there was ever any chance if us having him back.

Actually, a Sheff U fan on Twitter is saying he was only offered a 6 month deal.

Maybe it's not a non starter after all.

I for one would contrive to swallow whatever spin the club put out as the "real story" behind his leaving the club last time & how he's not so bad after all - he's decent :grin:

I think Bury have a bit of a coup with Lowe. He'll score a hatful at that level.

For us, anyone think we may take a punt on James McFadden? Experienced, great pedigree but injury hit. Motherwell have just released him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27477091

if we could afford him then yeah I take a gamble on him

Just me that wouldn't want Porter (and I dont just mean because he's a :censored:)?

Nah, Sheff U fans don't think much to him these days and he should've bagged a load more when he was with us. That coupled with him being a :censored: means I'd rather our marquee signing is someone else.

Porter re-signing for Oldham Athletic? It will never, ever happen...especially if Corney owns the club.

More chance of us signing the birthday boy Toure!

Is it his birthday? Nice to see he doesn't want to make a fuss about it and keep it low key.