Rumours and Transfers 2014

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't he involved on the coaching side at the new incarnation of Darlington?

I had hoped of seeing one of their games this season but it didn't work out. My plan was to stand behind him and see how far into, "How Many Pints," I could get before he beat the :censored: out of me.

I had hoped of seeing one of their games this season but it didn't work out. My plan was to stand behind him and see how far into, "How Many Pints," I could get before he beat the :censored: out of me.

I know where he does a bit of his drinking these days. Never been in there when he's been in though. If I am I'm up for giving it a go.

Hoskins is a born finisher and following his recent knee injuries might be worth a risk for a season-with an option obviously.

Lets face it, we are not going to get a 20 goal a season striker without taking a bit of a gamble. If it worked out there would be a sell on fee! Lets gamble a bit!

Hoskins is a born finisher and following his recent knee injuries might be worth a risk for a season-with an option obviously.

Lets face it, we are not going to get a 20 goal a season striker without taking a bit of a gamble. If it worked out there would be a sell on fee! Lets gamble a bit!

Might be worth a trial and a pay-as-you-play. Prove your fitness to win a contract.

The best yet from the you know who website;

Rotherham have been linked with Oldham coach Billy Quarmby. As part of a shake-up within the Oldham staff, Quarmby looks set to be moved around. Something which Steve Evans has spotted. Evans is said to be admirable of the courage Quarmby has shown over the duration of his short career as an Oldham coach.
This is very much a wait and see story. Could all depend on Rotherhams position come the end of May.

The best yet from the you know who website;

Rotherham have been linked with Oldham coach Billy Quarmby. As part of a shake-up within the Oldham staff, Quarmby looks set to be moved around. Something which Steve Evans has spotted. Evans is said to be admirable of the courage Quarmby has shown over the duration of his short career as an Oldham coach. [/size]This is very much a wait and see story. Could all depend on Rotherhams position come the end of May.[/size]

Love it!

Perth Glory have been struggling for the last couple of years and were pretty poor this season. They do though have a cashed-up owner (they had William Gallas this season, although he was injured for large spells) and have just signed one of the best players from one of their A-League rivals. And I guess Perth is probably nicer than Oldham on the face of it. Thoroughly dispiriting yet again though that one of our best players can again leave. Sometimes I think it's impossible that we will ever build a decent squad.

I hope he does stay but it's not the end of the world if he goes and could even be a blessing in disguise if we replace him with a more creative player........

Who would our longest serving first team regular be if him & Grounds do go - Connor Brown?

As with any transfer negotiation, I think the club / LJ need to set a deadline for all 3 of them - Wes, Brown & Chubbs - otherwise they run the risk of it dragging on & on; and while it's up in the air, they can't fully move on other options.

Be pretty gutted to see Wes leave; but if he, via his agent, has a wage figure in mind that is wildly different to our package, then it's probably best to start to look elsewhere.

I'd personally be going all guns blazing to get Danny Hollands on board as replacement now it's dropped to a 30% chance of Wes re-signing.

As with any transfer negotiation, I think the club / LJ need to set a deadline for all 3 of them - Wes, Brown & Chubbs - otherwise they run the risk of it dragging on & on; and while it's up in the air, they can't fully move on other options.

Be pretty gutted to see Wes leave; but if he, via his agent, has a wage figure in mind that is wildly different to our package, then it's probably best to start to look elsewhere.

I'd personally be going all guns blazing to get Danny Hollands on board as replacement now it's dropped to a 30% chance of Wes re-signing.

To be honest Sly, if we can't afford to keep Wes then we won't be in the market for Hollands.

To be honest Sly, if we can't afford to keep Wes then we won't be in the market for Hollands.

Possibly not no, but he's a free signing who was playing in League Two recently (granted on loan from the championship)?

It's all conjecture isn't it? None of us know the financials...