Rumours and Transfers 2014

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've not trawled through 14 pages of this thread, so apologies if it's been mentioned before. Jay McEveley has been released by Swindon Town. According to my step-son in Swindon, it's a bit of a surprise to some. As he can play LB and CB, would he be a decent replacement for when Grounds goes?

As for us grabbing anyone from the Dippers, this is a direct quote from John McMahon: "The ones under contract will report back on the 1st of July for pre-season training unless they feel they don't want to be here."

If we're looking at Ryan Lowe or Owain fon Williams, they're both in that category, ie still under contract. Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro is released, but I don't reckon he could do a job for us.

I've not trawled through 14 pages of this thread, so apologies if it's been mentioned before. Jay McEveley has been released by Swindon Town. According to my step-son in Swindon, it's a bit of a surprise to some. As he can play LB and CB, would he be a decent replacement for when Grounds goes?

As for us grabbing anyone from the Dippers, this is a direct quote from John McMahon: "The ones under contract will report back on the 1st of July for pre-season training unless they feel they don't want to be here."

If we're looking at Ryan Lowe or Owain fon Williams, they're both in that category, ie still under contract. Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro is released, but I don't reckon he could do a job for us.

According to Tranmere fans on Twitter, Lowe has basically said that he wants to leave and also wants more money.

he was here.. but has improved since, also a brilliant set piece taker and plenty of assists!

He wont come back here, didnt we threaten him with legal action when he tweeted about the Oldham players not getting paid again when he was playing at Accy Stanley

Latest bull:censored: from rumours site!

13 May 2014 18:11:59Sean Gregan has been linked with a move back to Oldham Athletic in a coaching role. Assistant manager Tommy Wright is stalling on a new deal whilst Paul Murray is set to leave and return to Carlisle as a scout.

Latest bull:censored: from rumours site!

13 May 2014 18:11:59Sean Gregan has been linked with a move back to Oldham Athletic in a coaching role. Assistant manager Tommy Wright is stalling on a new deal whilst Paul Murray is set to leave and return to Carlisle as a scout.

Some of that may actually be true..