Rumours and Transfers 2014

Does anyone honestly think SC would allow LJ to sign Porter?

The only way this would happen is if (1) he could guarantee next season scoring 30 goals, plus promotion, plus the JPT and a FA Cup final appearance or (2) he plays for free and pays us a signing on fee when joining.

He shafted us to the tune of £250k upwards... SC fetches me as someone who isn't quick to forgive or forget especially if it involves money to the club.

It will never happen and I'm glad because they are better strikers out there for the money we'd pay and all don't have history with our club.

I'd rather us isolate Danny, JCH, Turner and youth strikers pre-season for finishing training alongside midfield and wingers and practice, practice, practice....

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day FIFA rules screwed us and not Porter, he was simply looking after his own interests like anybody else would.

Corney was naturally frustrated as £250k is a lot to lose. In the heat of the moment alot was said and we all know how Corney likes a rant.

If LJ want's him here and believes he would improve the team I wouldn't have a problem with him coming back.

If he scored a few goals early doors fans would forget the past pretty quickly!

My only resevation would be his match fitness over a season which has not been the best throughout the latter part of his career.

I think we should sign Porter.

We are in danger of not having a ready made reason for people not to come to BP on a Saturday, if we keep the nucleus of this season's side then we will have a solid platform to build on, 4 stands, still no Hardy, Barry's been quiet for a bit and a manager with a plan B & C. Without the signing of Porter there will be no reason for anyone to state "I'm not coming back until X has gone."

Does anyone honestly think SC would allow LJ to sign Porter?

The only way this would happen is if (1) he could guarantee next season scoring 30 goals, plus promotion, plus the JPT and a FA Cup final appearance or (2) he plays for free and pays us a signing on fee when joining.

He shafted us to the tune of £250k upwards... SC fetches me as someone who isn't quick to forgive or forget especially if it involves money to the club.

It will never happen and I'm glad because they are better strikers out there for the money we'd pay and all don't have history with our club.

I'd rather us isolate Danny, JCH, Turner and youth strikers pre-season for finishing training alongside midfield and wingers and practice, practice, practice....

And i'm sure theres players SC has broken promises to over the years regarding contracts.

I think we should sign Porter.

We are in danger of not having a ready made reason for people not to come to BP on a Saturday, if we keep the nucleus of this season's side then we will have a solid platform to build on, 4 stands, still no Hardy, Barry's been quiet for a bit and a manager with a plan B & C. Without the signing of Porter there will be no reason for anyone to state "I'm not coming back until X has gone."

Wesolowski will end up back here, no decent club wants him!

Booing? I used words only Paul Reid has ever heard. If he joined us I'd at least get to vent my spleen. I wish nothing but a pox upon him and all that he calls a friend.

And then for his face to melt and his cock drop off. The :censored: faced :censored:. xxx

Well said sir

Anger, hatred and loathing are oft dismissed as negative and destructive emotions but in my opinion in sport, correctly applied, they can be a thing of beauty and soothing to the soul

top stuff

:sign0173:

Patience required for the signing of new players. LJ says it may be as late as a week before pre-season training starts on 26th June and then three may come in. He's convinced Wes will leave. Six clubs interested in Korey. 95% certain NOT to sign Porter.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lee-johnson-not-putting-timescale-7151580#.U3yd-RQMThY.twitter

Patience required for the signing of new players. LJ says it may be as late as a week before pre-season training starts on 26th June and then three may come in. He's convinced Wes will leave. Six clubs interested in Korey. 95% certain NOT to sign Porter.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/lee-johnson-not-putting-timescale-7151580#.U3yd-RQMThY.twitter

If we're losing Wes, it's vital we keep Smith.

Get the feeling we're going to keep neither.

When I looked at the Sheffield United forum after we'd played them a few weeks back, I did chuckle at one of the comments which was something along the lines of "their club must be in the :censored: if they're still harbouring a groudge over a player with Poter's ability 10 years later"..

When I looked at the Sheffield United forum after we'd played them a few weeks back, I did chuckle at one of the comments which was something along the lines of "their club must be in the :censored: if they're still harbouring a groudge over a player with Poter's ability 10 years later"..

I was told on twitter we were "Porterized"

The thought of Porter coming back here by-passes me by the distance it is to the sun. I could be brought back down to Earth if he could scored 20+ goals a season. Is that remotely likely from him?

But more to the point, would he risk the verbal abuse he would receive here if he failed?

At the end of the day FIFA rules screwed us and not Porter, he was simply looking after his own interests like anybody else would.

Corney was naturally frustrated as £250k is a lot to lose. In the heat of the moment alot was said and we all know how Corney likes a rant.

If LJ want's him here and believes he would improve the team I wouldn't have a problem with him coming back.

If he scored a few goals early doors fans would forget the past pretty quickly!

My only resevation would be his match fitness over a season which has not been the best throughout the latter part of his career.

Absolute rubbish-Porter stitched us up, being greedy and the only consolation is that his time in Scotland resulted in him not reaching the heights that he should have done!

Edited by ChaddySmoker

Absolute rubbish-Porter stitched us up, being greedy and the only consolation is that his time in Scotland resulted in him not reaching the heights that he should have done!

Being greedy = looking after his own interests

He went for the money plain and simple like most people would....he didn't go to Scotland just to stitch us up I'm sure. It was probably his best option at the time.

Being greedy = looking after his own interests

He went for the money plain and simple like most people would....he didn't go to Scotland just to stitch us up I'm sure. It was probably his best option at the time.

I never said he went anywhere with the SOLE aim of stitching us.

If I was as a good a player as Porter, I wouldnt have taken the quick buck to go to Scotland, look where he ended up,

Championship and knackered by the time he was 26. Looking after his own interests =good career move? I dont think so.

Edited by ChaddySmoker

I never said he went anywhere with the SOLE aim of stitching us.

If I was as a good a player as Porter, I wouldnt have taken the quick buck to go to Scotland, look where he ended up,

Championship and knackered by the time he was 26. Looking after his own interests =good career move? I dont think so.

Look where he ended up? He wasn't going to end up a Premier league striker. He had no injury problems in Scotland, it was playing in Championship with Derby that knackered him.