Rumours and Transfers 2014

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not know if it has been mentioned before on here but I have just been speaking to Dave Brierley (ex chairman)who said that Joe Royle has a job at Everton and will try to help Latics next season with loan signings from there.Personally I would like to see our own home grown ones come on but we will see.It all helps our cause though.

~The helping us, might have been my tweet asking him not to forget us and get the youngers ones competitive games. With us!

Everton had a young lad called Hallam Hope on loan at Bury towards the end of the season, kept hearing his name crop up on the FLS.

He got 5 in 7 games for them which isn't bad going for a 20 year old. Could be worth a shout?

Although, i'd also be looking for experience, especially with JCH only being young too, shame Lowe has gone to Bury.

Bury are going for it this year.

They've paid a fee for a 35 year old. I don't care how many goals he scored last year [it was 20 by the way] you take an enormous risk blowing some of your playing budget on a player that in all likelihood will not score that many goals in a season again.

They've paid a fee for a 35 year old. I don't care how many goals he scored last year [it was 20 by the way] you take an enormous risk blowing some of your playing budget on a player that in all likelihood will not score that many goals in a season again.

We'll see come May. Baring in mind that he's joined a team in the league below, I wouldn't be surprised to see him hit 20+ again.

Everton had a young lad called Hallam Hope on loan at Bury towards the end of the season, kept hearing his name crop up on the FLS.

He got 5 in 7 games for them which isn't bad going for a 20 year old. Could be worth a shout?

Although, i'd also be looking for experience, especially with JCH only being young too, shame Lowe has gone to Bury.

I know Johnson had him watched a couple of times back end of last season but there wer quite a few scouts from other clubs showing an interest.

On a free transfer, on reasonable wages and on a 1 year deal, I wouldn't have been adverse to Latics signing Lowe.

For a transfer fee, on (relatively) high wages and on a 2 year deal, I'm glad we didn't.

Bury have been in the absolute :censored:e very recently; hope they're being sensible this time around. From the outside looking in, it again doesn't look like they are though...

Or you could look at it as being as close to a guarantee as you can get, especially a league below.......

I think Bury have a bit of a coup with Lowe. He'll score a hatful at that level.

For us, anyone think we may take a punt on James McFadden? Experienced, great pedigree but injury hit. Motherwell have just released him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27477091

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Am I the only one who's isn't arsed about us not signing Lowe? On the other hand, I'd be pretty chuffed if we went for Izale McLeod. He's only 29 and could be a potent strike force with JCH and/or A.N.Other

Honestly I'm the other way round. McLeod has always flattered to deceive whenever I've seen him whereas Lowe has looked a constant goal threat.

A 35 y o player with no resale value too! Glad we missed him!

yes we wouldnt want a proven goalscorer in the division, even though its the player everyone said we were short of last season, doesnt matter to me if he is 45 if he can bag 20 a season he will do for me we have enough projects and works in progress in the squad to field another team.

Edited by yarddog73

yes we wouldnt want a proven goalscorer in the division, even though its the player everyone said we were short of last season, doesnt matter to me if he is 45 if he can bag 20 a season he will do for me we have enough projects and works in progress in the squad to field another team.

I think leeslover makes a good point that we have a certain flair for picking up proven scorers just as they stop scoring. One who costs a fee and a sizable wage probably isn't a risk we can afford when they're in their twilight years.