Rumours and Transfers 2014

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May be out of our budget but don't see him playing in the championship but peter Clarke would be a good signing

agree with this one also Keith Southern been released I know they both wrong side of 30 but bags of experience

Most Championship sides would want a player like Billy Sharp. He's a Championship quality striker.

The only side in League One who would likely be able to afford him and 'tempt' him would surely be Sheffield United? And even that is pushing it.

Pipe dream stuff for us.

League 1 transfers@ismithard

Jon taylor to sign for oldham athletic from shrewsbury. #Oafc #Salop #Sfc

In a poor Shrewsbury side, only him and Tom Bradshaw have stood out at all.

Actually would take both of them.

But, age wise and contract wise, fees would be involved, so more than likely rules us out for both?

Edited by slystallone

Most Championship sides would want a player like Billy Sharp. He's a Championship quality striker.

The only side in League One who would likely be able to afford him and 'tempt' him would surely be Sheffield United? And even that is pushing it.

Pipe dream stuff for us.

I just do not get this - His strike rate since he left Donny in 2012 is 1 in 4 - that equates to a total of 12 or so in a 46 game season. Not good enough imho - also don't forget the 'Oldham effect' on any striker's scoring rate...

So, quick scan of a transfers site and these have jumped out at me. Trying to be realistic, especially from the Championship sides but also from our division.

Championship:

Keith Southern - Hudds - wrong side of 30, but bags of experience and has mostly been NW or Yorks for a good while, so location would suit family. If Wes goes, and Korey is sold, think he would be a solid CM signing.

Brian Stock - Burnley - Marney, Jones and Arfield have kept him out of the small Burnley side. Doubt he's going to figure in their Prem Side. Knows the division already from Bournemouth and Doncaster. Solid box to box midfielder.

Danny Green - Charlton - always liked him, and wanted us to go in for him whilst at Dag & Red. Now out of contract at Charlton, wide right player with assists and goals in his game; with a bonus long throw.

Peter Brezovan - Brighton - experienced GK. big old unit and decent cross claimer and shot stopper.

Clint Hill - QPR - i know, i know. But, 35 now and may not be offered fresh terms if QPR go up. If thats the case, who knows?

League One:

All these interest me, and i could see dropping into our side and either like-for-like replacing a departing or bettering us:

Lee Miller & James Berrett - Carlisle

Billy Clarke, Lloyd James & Jamie Proctor - Crawley

Toumani Diagouraga - Brentford

Daniel Powell - MK Mongs

Charlie Lee & Chris Whelpdale - Gillingham

James Wallace & Ash Taylor - Tranmere

Luke Freeman - Stevenage

Doug Loft - Port Vale

James Meredith - Bradford

And from League 2:

Danny Hollands - Pompey (on loan from Charlton)

Byron Harrison - Cheltenham

Loads & loads of players available again this summer, with some very decent League One players being either out of contract or released for what looks like financial reasons (Crawley players case in point)

Danny Green - Charlton - always liked him, and wanted us to go in for him whilst at Dag & Red. Now out of contract at Charlton, wide right player with assists and goals in his game; with a bonus long throw.

Recommended him before he was at D&R. Have never seen a better dead ball taker.

I just do not get this - His strike rate since he left Donny in 2012 is 1 in 4 - that equates to a total of 12 or so in a 46 game season. Not good enough imho - also don't forget the 'Oldham effect' on any striker's scoring rate...

10 in 39 (inc sub apps) for a decent Forest Side, but had to share game time with Cox, Henderson,Tudgay, Derbyshire, Blaxstock...still a very creditable record.

2 in 10 for an injury hit spell at Reading, and 4 in 12 for an awful Donny side.

He scores goals at Championship sides. And scores more goals in better sides. Plenty will be in for him from that League...

So, quick scan of a transfers site and these have jumped out at me. Trying to be realistic, especially from the Championship sides but also from our division.

Why not Peter Clarke? 32 year old centre half. Higher division experience (and younger) than Lockwood. I know we have Lockwood under contract but depth and competition never did anyone any harm.

Why not Peter Clarke? 32 year old centre half. Higher division experience (and younger) than Lockwood. I know we have Lockwood under contract but depth and competition never did anyone any harm.

Yep, would actually like him to be signed.

But, read an article on SSN saying he felt he still had 2 years of Championship football in him, and would be looking for that kind of deal.

As i say, tried to be realistic...

Yep, would actually like him to be signed.

But, read an article on SSN saying he felt he still had 2 years of Championship football in him, and would be looking for that kind of deal.

As i say, tried to be realistic...

Ah, I didn't see the article on SSN.

I figured Huddersfield isn't that far from Oldham and he is 32. He was captain though so will have been on a wedge.