Rumours and Transfers 2014

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or it's 12 months since he rented it after getting kicked out of Furman's place when he left for good, so his lease is up. And he's off on his jollies for 4 weeks and in that time will be considering our offer of a contract?

Doubt he'd tweet that if there was anything in it at this point. He's usually sensible on there, and won't be saying stuff the club hasn't announced / is not aware of.

I would only sign Harkins if he was played off the striker. We can't afford to have him as a left midfielder due to complete disregard for defensive duties.

He's not quite as bad as that suggests defensively.

But your point stands. If he's got Grounds behind him it's a lot less of a problem than when we have a lesser full back such as Mellor filling in.

I'd also suggest you've just given us a more attacking home formation, which would be welcome.

I would only sign Harkins if he was played off the striker. We can't afford to have him as a left midfielder due to complete disregard for defensive duties.

He's not quite as bad as that suggests defensively.

But your point stands. If he's got Grounds behind him it's a lot less of a problem than when we have a lesser full back such as Mellor filling in.

I'd also suggest you've just given us a more attacking home formation, which would be welcome.

Over the last few games of the season he did get back tremendously well. IIRC it was against Shef Utd where he took the corner and sprinted back to make a tackle on the halfway line before Lockwood and wilson were back in position.

However at home next season I would play a 4-2-3-1 formation with Sir Gary the centre of the 3 just behind the striker. But to play this we need Wes and Korey as the 2 infront of the defense or someone new that is equally as good in the tackling and distribution departments.

Over the last few games of the season he did get back tremendously well. IIRC it was against Shef Utd where he took the corner and sprinted back to make a tackle on the halfway line before Lockwood and wilson were back in position.

However at home next season I would play a 4-2-3-1 formation with Sir Gary the centre of the 3 just behind the striker. But to play this we need Wes and Korey as the 2 infront of the defense or someone new that is equally as good in the tackling and distribution departments.

We are in the 3rd division, we do not need 2 defensive midfielders (assuming that we keep Smith!)

by playing the two defensive midfielders it allows the CAM (Sir Gary) to play effectively as a second striker and not track back.

Agreed but it would only work if the two other attacking midfielders got wide AND also tracked back to help out a lot!

In other words it becomes 4-4-2 and Danny P doesn't then play! I like Sir Gary but I do think that his time is up, get Danny P

into that role behind the striker for 4 reasons-1) he is a goal scorer 2) he is very mobile 3) he tracks back! 4) he is young.

We can then play a proper 4-4-2 or 4-1-4-1 Only IF of course we sign two good wide players! AND a left back!

According to the ever reliable rumours site, wes is going to brentford, grounds to birmingham. We are signing: ryan lowe, freddie sears, grant mccann and the colchester captain (forgot his name)

The only one i can really see is the colchester captain, he's been mentioned a few times.

According to the ever reliable rumours site, wes is going to brentford, grounds to birmingham. We are signing: ryan lowe, freddie sears, grant mccann and the colchester captain (forgot his name)

The only one i can really see is the colchester captain, he's been mentioned a few times.

Can't see us getting Freddie Sears. Think he will stay at Colchester.

If Rachubka doesn't stay then fon Williams is keen on a move from Tranmere. Got a year on his contract but he's been talking about a move to League 1 or higher. Played for many club around this area so could be an option?

If Rachubka doesn't stay then fon Williams is keen on a move from Tranmere. Got a year on his contract but he's been talking about a move to League 1 or higher. Played for many club around this area so could be an option?

A fee would be a stumbling block, unless he's on a decent wedge and Tranmere want to shave their wage bill.

We will move for the Hearts keeper Macdonald, tried for him in January for £30k if you believe the Scottish papers, 28 yr old, knows LJ from his time there.

Would be happy with either, Rabs has been top notch (always said he was better than Oxley from day one, wonder where we may have finished with him in goal from the off......................) and Macdonald is rated up there also

We will move for the Hearts keeper Macdonald, tried for him in January for £30k if you believe the Scottish papers, 28 yr old, knows LJ from his time there.

Would be happy with either, Rabs has been top notch (always said he was better than Oxley from day one, wonder where we may have finished with him in goal from the off......................) and Macdonald is rated up there also

And I believe MacDonald has just been released following Hearts' relegation (along with Ryan Stevenson, another of their better players). I wonder if LJ has put a call in already?